• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Wings Willing to pay the price

Rate this topic

Yes, I think he is a superb GM, but I hope he makes the perfect move.

All the talk with trading Hudler and Lang, Williams etc.

I hope we don't have to give up an arm and leg to gain a player such as Guerin.

Like the Preds had to do to get Forseberg.

I guess all we can do is wait :lol:

Well it really depends on who he is going to acquire and for how long they plan on keeping him, Holland knows what he is doing and nobody knows that the wings need a power scoring forward more than the people within the organization. We'll just have to wait and see, my personal hopfuls to rock the wing wheel here soon are Bill Guerin, Keith Tkachuk, Ryan Smyth, Brian Rolston, or possibly an unrestricted free agent in Jason Allison.

IF they do pay a steep price I certainly hope it's for someone who'll resign in the offseason and still has at least 5 years of tread left on his tires.

Giving up Huds or Flip for someone like Forsberg would only make sense if we knew they'd resign with us AND knew they had a decent amount of time left. If Forsberg retires or moves back to Philly after Nashville fails to win the cup they'll look like morons. If they win the cup and he stays they'll look brilliant. ...etc. I just see it as too risky of a move for the wings in that situation. There's not enough depth in prospects for us right now, so shipping out that many prospects would have to be worth it in terms of receiving a franchise player.

IF they do pay a steep price I certainly hope it's for someone who'll resign in the offseason and still has at least 5 years of tread left on his tires.

Giving up Huds or Flip for someone like Forsberg would only make sense if we knew they'd resign with us AND knew they had a decent amount of time left. If Forsberg retires or moves back to Philly after Nashville fails to win the cup they'll look like morons. If they win the cup and he stays they'll look brilliant. ...etc. I just see it as too risky of a move for the wings in that situation. There's not enough depth in prospects for us right now, so shipping out that many prospects would have to be worth it in terms of receiving a franchise player.

Yeah, thats how I feel. It was a 50-50 call for Nashville on the Forseberg situation. We don't have the luxury of young talent to ship out for a possible rent-a-player. So if we have to give someone up, I would like to receive a player in return that can produce for 4-5 more years.

Yeah I agree with you hockeycrazy on not being too worried.

As far as Hudler goes, I am optimistic on the guy. I like him, then the next minute I say trade him.

When he was with Grand Rapids, he played amazing.

Playing for the Rewings, he hasn't showed much of anything IMO.

Maybe because he isn't getting much ice time, but I am still iffy on him, and if he will breakout to become a top player within the NHL.

Well it really depends on who he is going to acquire and for how long they plan on keeping him, Holland knows what he is doing and nobody knows that the wings need a power scoring forward more than the people within the organization. We'll just have to wait and see, my personal hopfuls to rock the wing wheel here soon are Bill Guerin, Keith Tkachuk, Ryan Smyth, Brian Rolston, or possibly an unrestricted free agent in Jason Allison.

Rolston is not coming to the Wings, Minne has the 8th spot as of now and he would cost too much. Smyth will not be coming either, his price would be huge. Plus he is the core of the Oilers and thier furture looks good, they are not in a major rebuilding mode. And Allison, he's retired and he has a glass head. He would be out for the year with one hit to the boards.

To me, this means we are willing to trade 1st rounders and guys like Hudler. Other guys like Kronner and Flip are off limits.

yeah thats what I got out of it as well.

With what that quote says, it seems like we are willing to give up our 1st rounders. Just dont trade Flip, I think he will improve greatly, and be great for our team in the future.

Rolston is not coming to the Wings, Minne has the 8th spot as of now and he would cost too much. Smyth will not be coming either, his price would be huge. Plus he is the core of the Oilers and thier furture looks good, they are not in a major rebuilding mode. And Allison, he's retired and he has a glass head. He would be out for the year with one hit to the boards.

Any actual conformation that Allison has retired?

I don't think Carter was ever an amazing player, hes somewhat over rated IMO.

He had the Sedin twins to play with in Vancover, which led to his great season.

If you were to bring him to Detroit who would you put him on a line with? He wouldn't play on our first line thats for sure. I don't think Lang has what it takes to rejuvinate him, nor anyone thats not on our first line.

I say pass on him.

Any actual conformation that Allison has retired?

I didn't know he retried either, I thought he was just all washed up and no one decied to sign him.

An addition without giving up too much is what all contending teams are looking for. Kenny is wise and will try to do the best he can to get a good fit for the team.

What scares me is the thought of bringing in Todd Bertuzzi. :thumbdown: Giving up any fuutre talent for that bad apple, in my opinion, would be a case of subtraction by addition! He had a reputation in Vancouver as a self centered, arrogant, under acheiver - not what a team that wins the President's Trophy consitently and bows out in the early rounds needs in the dressing room.

VWF

According to TFP, Detroit is still looking for a top six forward.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/det070218.html

With the title of this artcle, it kind of makes me worry what price they are willing to pay.

I hope the wings don't trade to much for whom ever Holland is trying to aquire

Thoughts concerns?

How much the Wings give up depends on what kind of player they get. You want a good player, you have to be prepared to deal.

You want another Cory Cross type pickup, you're not going to have to give up much.

My thoughts on Bertuzzi are un bias.

I don't know if he would be an addition or not.

At this point in his career, I am somewhat worried, due to his back ,and lack of play like his Vancouver days with Naslund. Its an iffy situation with him, and I guess just a risk Holland would have to consider making or not.

What do you guys think about Morrow?? He's the definition of a power forward and was doing pretty good. He's cut down on his minors by A LOT too.

EDIT: Nevermind - I see they got him locked up for 6 more years!!! :clap: I don't know what we could offer for that.. Awesome signing by the Stars :clap:

Edited by arin

How much the Wings give up depends on what kind of player they get. You want a good player, you have to be prepared to deal.

You want another Cory Cross type pickup, you're not going to have to give up much.

Yes that is true, but you can get a steal every now and then, picking up someone good from a team unsatisfied, and just trying to free up some cap. I hope thats what Kenny does, but picks a decent player. I understand we have to give to receive, however I just hope he doesn't hand out to much, or over give for a lack of better words.

What do you guys think about Morrow?? He's the definition of a power forward and was doing pretty good. He's cut down on his minors by A LOT too.

EDIT: Nevermind - I see they got him locked up for 6 more years!!! :clap: I don't know what we could offer for that.. Awesome signing by the Stars :clap:

As for Morrow, yeah I don't think we would be able to get him, one for his hefty contract, two Dallas wouldn't part ways with him, they signed him to the deal like you said, and named him Captain of there team.

Yes that is true, but you can get a steal every now and then, picking up someone good from a team unsatisfied, and just trying to free up some cap. I hope thats what Kenny does, but picks a decent player. I understand we have to give to receive, however I just hope he doesn't hand out to much, or over give for a lack of better words.

Well we all hope the Wings can get a steal. Just don't be too disappointed if/when it doesn't happen.

Well we all hope the Wings can get a steal. Just don't be too disappointed if/when it doesn't happen.

Yeah I realize we probably wont pull of a steal, but like I said I hope Holland doesn't add picks, or prospects to make the deal look sweeter for the other GM, just offer a fair trade, don't overpay to get someone over aged, out of there prime.

In this day and age of the NHL you have to be willing to mortgage the future to win today. The cap keeps teams pretty even. Some teams underperform and miss the playoffs and some teams just seem to click and are favorites. To give yourself that little advantage, you have to be willing to be a seller in the near future to win now, and then rebuild. If your not willing, you will always have a good regular season team that is missing that last peice in the playoffs. (What we have seen the last couple of seasons) If you want to see another Cup here in Hockeytown, don't expect to do it without giving up someone really good.

In this day and age of the NHL you have to be willing to mortgage the future to win today. The cap keeps teams pretty even. Some teams underperform and miss the playoffs and some teams just seem to click and are favorites. To give yourself that little advantage, you have to be willing to be a seller in the near future to win now, and then rebuild. If your not willing, you will always have a good regular season team that is missing that last peice in the playoffs. (What we have seen the last couple of seasons) If you want to see another Cup here in Hockeytown, don't expect to do it without giving up someone really good.

Yeah thats true. I understand we have to give something up to receice something like I said, I just hope its not Flip, or Kronwall. I also hope Holland doens't go crazy and dish out to many draft pickss

Allison is not retired for one, hes just not signed, hence he is a free agent look it up buddy. And Smyth could very well be traded if him and the oilers dont agree on a lond term deal, which he said himself. Rolston would be a stretch, but there have been a few rumors with his name in them and he is from Michigan. Get your hit str8 guy!!

Allison is not retired for one, hes just not signed, hence he is a free agent look it up buddy. And Smyth could very well be traded if him and the oilers dont agree on a lond term deal, which he said himself. Rolston would be a stretch, but there have been a few rumors with his name in them and he is from Michigan. Get your s*** str8 guy!!