• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Wings Willing to pay the price

Rate this topic

Yes, I think he is a superb GM, but I hope he makes the perfect move.

All the talk with trading Hudler and Lang, Williams etc.

I hope we don't have to give up an arm and leg to gain a player such as Guerin.

Like the Preds had to do to get Forseberg.

I guess all we can do is wait :lol:

Well if Hollland was such a great GM he would have signed Guerin this off-season for $2 million and lost nothing rather than having to give up prospects and picks to get him now.

Edited by epps

Well if Hollland was such a great GM he would have signed Guerin this off-season for $2 million and lost nothing rather than having to give up prospects and picks to get him now.

How do you know he didn't try? How do you know Guerin didn't say no?

How do you know he didn't try? How do you know Guerin didn't say no?

You are right, I don't know just like you don't know that Guerin wouldn't rather play for one of the best teams in the league and potentially more $ than play with the Blues. I'm guessing my scenario is more plausable.

I know man, why can't he activate his FUTURE POWERS and just find out who's gonna be a steal, get a contract on that s***, and roll on through to a Cup? Instead we get stuck with losers like Dan Cleary and Markov. :thumbdown:

Anyways, it's always pins and needles this time a year. You aren't seeing anything new if I tell you that I hope Holland doesn't "spend too much" while at the same time "acquiring someone significant." I am officially engaging Wait And See mode...

I know man, why can't he activate his FUTURE POWERS and just find out who's gonna be a steal, get a contract on that s***, and roll on through to a Cup? Instead we get stuck with losers like Dan Cleary and Markov. :thumbdown:

Anyways, it's always pins and needles this time a year. You aren't seeing anything new if I tell you that I hope Holland doesn't "spend too much" while at the same time "acquiring someone significant." I am officially engaging Wait And See mode...

Wait, Holland has future powers?! Call him up and tell him to cancel hurricane season down here forever!

You are right, I don't know just like you don't know that Guerin wouldn't rather play for one of the best teams in the league and potentially more $ than play with the Blues. I'm guessing my scenario is more plausable.

Life and hockey isn't all about the Red Wings, there are other teams that Guerin probably wanted to play for as well.

Translation: I have no idea what, if anything, happened with Guerin and the Wings, but I just want to blame Holland. Nice :rolleyes:

Guest Crymson

"Pay the price" concerns what will be worth it for the organization, both immediately and long-term. Giving up some mid-range prospects and a couple expendable players for a good winger would be worth it. Selling the farm for a possible shot at the cup? No.

can we merge the "Holland's not going to do anything!" with the "Holland better not pay too much!" threads?

I'm hoping the two will cancel each other out and implode.

You have the right of it.

NOTE TO ALL: The GMs will ALL be at a conference in Florida in the upcoming days. 30 GMs in one hotel spells deals.

Basic economics eludes your grasp if you think signing a guy for $2 million equates to losing nothing.

Basic economics eludes your grasp if you think signing a guy for $2 million equates to losing nothing.

Apparently common sense and an understanding of the english language eludes your grasp. Spending $2 million on a player who actually plays for you does not count as losing anything. You are getting the services of the player.

Not signing the player when you had the chance, and then sending a player and pick for that same player 4 months later means you are giving up assets you would not have had to lose had you just signed the player in the first place.