• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Dynasty

5 Reason's Datsyuk Will NOT Be Traded

Rate this topic

Here's 5 reasons Datsyuk will not be traded and will be resigned. Some are flimsy and some are concrete, but you will have to be the judge.

1. He wants to stay. Players taking less than their initial offer isn't unthinkable, though it is rare. He says he wants to retire a Wing and I believe him.

2. Holland isn't a moron. He will pay him what he thinks is a reasonable price. A player of Pavel's caliber radiates 5+ million a year and every GM in the league knows it, including Holland.

3. Holland isn't a moron. He knows after this current hot streak that the line is unstoppable when it's hot. To gamble on breaking it up is unthinkable.

4. Zetterberg needs Datsyuk. I say on over 80% of Z's goals, Datsyuk is the main assist. He wouldn't have half the goals or even half the scoring chances without Dats feeding him the puck.

5. Of all the players on the Wings roster, who would you want to have the puck with 1:00 left on the clock down 2-1 in game seven of the finals with the goalie pulled?

Guest Crymson

Here's 5 reasons Datsyuk will not be traded and will be resigned. Some are flimsy and some are concrete, but you will have to be the judge.

1. He wants to stay. Players taking less than their initial offer isn't unthinkable, though it is rare. He says he wants to retire a Wing and I believe him.

2. Holland isn't a moron. He will pay him what he thinks is a reasonable price. A player of Pavel's caliber radiates 5+ million a year and every GM in the league knows it, including Holland.

3. Holland isn't a moron. He knows after this current hot streak that the line is unstoppable when it's hot. To gamble on breaking it up is unthinkable.

4. Zetterberg needs Datsyuk. I say on over 80% of Z's goals, Datsyuk is the main assist. He wouldn't have half the goals or even half the scoring chances without Dats feeding him the puck.

5. Of all the players on the Wings roster, who would you want to have the puck with 1:00 left on the clock down 2-1 in game seven of the finals with the goalie pulled?

Good post!!

Zetterberg, in my opinion.

I don't think anyone believes Datsyuk will be traded at this point in the season, especially considering how that line has been producing. I wouldn't count on Datsyuk taking much less than his agent has been asking for, but I hope he'll resign if it's for a reasonable amount.

Good post, as that is all true. I just hate the idea of Datsyuk making over 7 million a season. Everytime I think of that, the name "Alexei Yashin" manages to spit itself as I think of it. I really hope that if they do sign Datsyuk he doesn't have a roller coaster dropoff like Yashin did.

Zetterberg, in my opinion.

I don't think anyone believes Datsyuk will be traded at this point in the season, especially considering how that line has been producing. I wouldn't count on Datsyuk taking much less than his agent has been asking for, but I hope he'll resign if it's for a reasonable amount.

yes, but who is he getting the pass from :P

The across the crease pass to Z is simple, but Pavel raises it to an artform. Plus, the one thing Pavel has always done wwell is find the open man. I agree I would want to see Z take the shot, but I want Pavel to decide who gets to take the shot.

yes, but who is he getting the pass from :P

The across the crease pass to Z is simple, but Pavel raises it to an artform. Plus, the one thing Pavel has always done wwell is find the open man. I agree I would want to see Z take the shot, but I want Pavel to decide who gets to take the shot.

Lidstrom? I think he is pretty reliable with the puck...

Guest ZetterBurger40

Datsyuk is a franchise player that will never be let go. They will give him what he wants, and should- I think he just gets overshadowed by Z sometimes (on the lgw forum, not in real life).

He won't be traded. I would go with a "non-signing" before a trade.

Plus, they are sub-par because he was A) Not expected to lead in offense when Shanny, Hull, Yzerman, Robitaille, and Fedorov was here, he was just supposed to fill his role on the 2nd line. And B.) He was expected to be ALL of the offense last year.

He knows his role now: pass the puck when someone is open and shoot when there isn't anyone open, and if all else fails pass to #5.

Datsyuk is a franchise player that will never be let go. They will give him what he wants, and should

I get the feeling that Pavel's being re-signed will depend on whether or not things go well this spring. If they don't Holland ought to let him walk and go after one of the Buffalo boys. If they do, then obviously getting a new deal done is a priority.

...ok, you give Datsyuk what his agent is asking for, then in 2009, what do you give Zetterberg? You have to pay him at least what Dats is getting, if not more. So, now when it comes down to signing both of them after their NEXT contracts are up, who do you keep? You cannot pay both of them top dollar...

...I choose Zetterberg...

...ok, you give Datsyuk what his agent is asking for, then in 2009, what do you give Zetterberg? You have to pay him at least what Dats is getting, if not more. So, now when it comes down to signing both of them after their NEXT contracts are up, who do you keep? You cannot pay both of them top dollar...

You're absolutely right. I will throw a hissy fit if Dats gets more than Hank...an absolute hissy fit...

Guest ZetterBurger40

In 2009, there will be no Lidstrom, so why not?

Guest Crymson

#1 reason he will be traded

A greedy ass agent who screwed us two years ago.

That and his sub-par playoff performances

How is <$4m for ~1PPG "screwed"?

I think you're looking a bit too far down the road...

Guest ZetterBurger40

There won't? :huh: My magic eight ball says otherwise. Wait lemme double check...*shake shake shake* Yeah, I don't agree.

I guess Chelios would disagree with me too, we shall see.

Edited by ZetterBurger40

There won't? :huh: My magic eight ball says otherwise. Wait lemme double check...*shake shake shake* Yeah, I don't agree.

...exactly, who's to say Lidstrom won't play 20+ seasons? Lids looks to be on his way to his 5th Norris Trophy, barring an injury or NHL politics, he should win it hands down. So, if he does decide to re-sign, you now have to pay him the max, or somewhere close. Now what do you do? LIds, Dats & Zetts accounting for a huge chunk of your salary cap...

...sure I am looking into the future, but the time is going come when you have to face that decision... sooner than you think...

Guest ZetterBurger40

...exactly, who's to say Lidstrom won't play 20+ seasons? Lids looks to be on his way to his 5th Norris Trophy, barring an injury or NHL politics, he should win it hands down. So, if he does decide to re-sign, you now have to pay him the max, or somewhere close. Now what do you do? LIds, Dats & Zetts accounting for a huge chunk of your salary cap...

...sure I am looking into the future, but the time is going come when you have to face that decision... sooner than you think...

But if Lidstrom were to play 20+ seasons, he wouldn't be playing at the level that he has/is now- see Chelios. He will fade, and will not be getting max, or near it IF this were to happen. I don't think it will though, you know he wants to go back to Sweden/his kids to go to school there- I think the end of Nick in Detroit will come sooner than later.

I get the feeling that Pavel's being re-signed will depend on whether or not things go well this spring. If they don't Holland ought to let him walk and go after one of the Buffalo boys. If they do, then obviously getting a new deal done is a priority.

Got it.

Personally though, I'd give Dats his money, or his agent's money or whatever regardless of what happens in the play-offs. but i have a feeling that Dats will help the Wings big this post season. :siren:

yes they have amazing chemistry on ice but if he's asking for 7 million a year and a guy like ryan smyth is asking the same amount,....i'm sorry you have to address your needs. There will be some extremely intresting free agent choices out there i'm just curious to see what we do. Personally i hope they do resign him i always enjoy watching a player who has "something to prove". Dats has heard for a few years he's a no show in the playoffs, will see what he does now that he's motivated and healthy.

It is my strong opinion that Datsyuk isn't going to get traded.

This is his last big shot to be one of the better producers in the playoffs.

If not, he might walk.

It will be frustrating if he or his agent continues to command a high salary if he hasn't produced, but this is a chance/risk that the Wings are going to take, for better or worse.

I'm thinking that he will fare a bit better this post-season, but I am not holding my collective breath if he doesn't get it done.

ok, so we all pretty much beleive that the better we do in the playoffs, the easier the situation becomes. The question is HOW good does HE, and we as a team have to do? The person I want with the puck in ot game 7 or whatever is Dats, but I want Hank right there as well. He is creative, Zetterberg is creative. They both create poetry on ice sometimes. Dats has to be the top signing priority for the wings this offseason. Also, if Zetterberg doesnt ask for what Dats assumingly would be getting paid in 2009, then we have no problem. Who is to say Zetterberg is going to be asking for around 7 million, even though we all know he deserves it.

Edited by Lidstromrules16

1. Which explains signing with Omsk in '05... Many people want to stay Wings. They can't all stay.

2. Then pay $5M. Anything beyond that is certainly not reasonable at this point. Remember that there are guys like McCabe, Jovanovski, Yashin, Theodore, etc... making STUPID amounts of money that they don't even come close to deserving.

3, The hot streak has far more to do with Zetterberg than Datsyuk.

4. You'd be wrong. Pavel has the primary assist on 7 of Z's 30 goals. A hefty chunk of Z's goals Pavel wasn't involved in the scoring at all.

5. Not Pavel. Why you ask? Because the other team KNOWS he's not a threat to shoot/score. Way too unselfish/passive for that sort of situation.

He won't be traded, but those aren't the reasons why.

It's way too tricky to replace his impact at this point. He's a pending UFA with a huge asking price with a shady playoff history. Right now is probably the worst time possible to trade him (2 years ago, or even this past summer would have been far better times). No team that might have interest will give up a guy that can step into the top line right now. It would be futures and they don't help in a cup run.

How is <$4m for ~1PPG "screwed"?

When you compare it to his buddy's contract. He hadn't yet accomplished anything to warrant becoming the Wings' highest paid forward. He still hasn't. Z was a better all-around player then, and he still is now. Yes, Z is ridiculously underpaid, but Datsyuk is looking to more than double it. Kenny panicked and handed out $1M too much for the worst possible term (2 years leading directly to UFA). Now rather than bending the Wings over a barrel negotiating against Russian teams it will be the rest of the NHL...

He will stay - Holland will overpay(shakes head sadly). He needs to prove himself in the playoffs. I love watching hockey in the reg season - but then the playoffs come and am sorely disappointed by him.