• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Dynasty

5 Reason's Datsyuk Will NOT Be Traded

Rate this topic

Typical Don Cherry brainwashed Canadian, thinking the only solution is to elimate all Russian's and replace with Canadian players to have success in the playoffs. All brought on by the personal grudge Cherry has for European players. Boy did I get a kick out of Ilya calling out Crosby, not so much the act itself by more importantly how much it pissed off Big Don.

Yes Pavel must produce in these playoffs but to count the guy out now and say we need to trade fast would be foolish. You trade Datsyuk and the entire chemistry will get thrown off. Trading Dats and bring in BertuzzE is not the answer eh.

I agree that dealing Datsyuk would be foolish. He and Zetterberg have great chemistry and we'll have to see what they can do together in the post-season; perhaps having the two of them on the same line will cause lesser-talented teams problems trying to contain them at the same time instead of on different lines, where it's easier to eliminate one talented skater when he has little help.

I think the Wings need to take the same tactic they did with Sergei; roll the dice and see what happens. If he makes it to free agency, then all bets are off and you can pursue other options. But, to simply deal him, when you are a contender, for what he MIGHT do is operating from a position of weakness.

As for the Euro/Russian stereotype, I think the Wings pretty much shattered that in their three Cup runs. Sergei, Kozzie, Igor, Nick, Dom and the like all showed that you don't have to be from N.A. to sack up come the post season. If anything, the questions surrounding Datsyuk are personal and not indicative of a cultural phenomenon. he simply may not be a clutch performer in the post season. I guess we'll see this year.

Guest LivingtheDream

Hey, if this has been thought of elswhere don't flame me, but I was thinking. Since Pavel's agent may hold out for $$$, maybe an offer of a resonable amount (say 5 million) + big bonuses for playoff performance would be a deal worth looking at.

Hey, if this has been thought of elswhere don't flame me, but I was thinking. Since Pavel's agent may hold out for $$$, maybe an offer of a resonable amount (say 5 million) + big bonuses for playoff performance would be a deal worth looking at.

This would probably work, but I think I heard somewhere that its not so much the pay that they were in disagreement to but more the Term. We'll see I have faith in both Datsyuk and Holland, they will get it done right so that both parties get what they want. and to many more seasons with Pavel playing for the Wings.

This would probably work, but I think I heard somewhere that its not so much the pay that they were in disagreement to but more the Term. We'll see I have faith in both Datsyuk and Holland, they will get it done right so that both parties get what they want. and to many more seasons with Pavel playing for the Wings.

Maybe its just me, but it seems as though Dats likes to "roll the dice". Instead of locking up that long term contract, he'd rather take a shorter one, in hopes of hitting it big a year or two down the road. If he has a monster playoff year, it may just pay off for him. If not, I assume he'll be offered a similar contract to what he's currently getting with a small raise.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Typical Don Cherry brainwashed Canadian, thinking the only solution is to elimate all Russian's and replace with Canadian players to have success in the playoffs. All brought on by the personal grudge Cherry has for European players. Boy did I get a kick out of Ilya calling out Crosby, not so much the act itself by more importantly how much it pissed off Big Don.

Yes Pavel must produce in these playoffs but to count the guy out now and say we need to trade fast would be foolish. You trade Datsyuk and the entire chemistry will get thrown off. Trading Dats and bring in BertuzzE is not the answer eh.

When did Sweden become a province?

Guest ZetterBurger40

I COMPLETELY agree with you. I guarantee that if Datsyuk were a good ol' Canadian or American boy with the exact same skill level, the hatred/unrest about his contract would drop by about 80%- a good amount of that WOULD come from Cherry praising him every night. He is an all-world player and is going nowhere.

you lost me friend?? What does Sweden have to do with Don Cherry and Cruiser008 being a Canadian???

I believe he's saying that Cherry respects Swedish players? In Canada our regional areas are broken into provinces, so he's implying that if Cherry only likes Canadians then Sweden must be a province of Canada.

you lost me friend?? What does Sweden have to do with Don Cherry and Cruiser008 being a Canadian???

Cruiser008 mentioned no Canadians in his response, but he did infact mention a Swede, namely Zetterberg. Unless Sweden has become a Canadian province, the statement about hatred for Europeans would be falsified.

I COMPLETELY agree with you. I guarantee that if Datsyuk were a good ol' Canadian or American boy with the exact same skill level, the hatred/unrest about his contract would drop by about 80%- a good amount of that WOULD come from Cherry praising him every night. He is an all-world player and is going nowhere.

Regarding his contract demands, I'd say his playoff performance greatly outshines his Russian-ness. And Canadian or not, I doubt Cherry would like Pavel. He isn't even overly fond of Crosby.