• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrSandMan

Best NHL goal ever?

Rate this topic

Think you posted the wrong link...? there was nothing spectacular in that video either.

The Assisted Hank to Pavel's goal scored last week was better than any of the videos posted in this thread thus far.

Keep'em coming.

That's wasn't an amazing goal from Yzerman, it was just a bad goal allowed from their goalie... one that I am sure he would want back. Unsuspected goalie that done a bad job reading the play. Guess what makes it more special than what it was is the fact that iit was the GW for the cup.

The Mac goal was sweet... Esp for a mac goal. But I've saw better from zets and hank and a gazillion other players.

Stevie's was a context goal... game 7, double overtime, 0-0, stolen from Gretz, slapshot from the blue line, and.... oh yeah, it was Stevie!

That's wasn't an amazing goal from Yzerman, it was just a bad goal allowed from their goalie... one that I am sure he would want back. Unsuspected goalie that done a bad job reading the play. Guess what makes it more special than what it was is the fact that iit was the GW for the cup.

You werent a Wings fan in 96 were you?

Well, no, I say that because you referred to Stevie's blue liner as a cup winner, and we lost to the Avs the next round in the WCF.

ROFL,....totally owned,..never mind the fact we could never play the blues for the cup considering not only are they in our division there in our conference

So the meaningless goal from Ovechkin, which was extremely lucky to even come close to the net, was better then the goal Yzerman scored to win that series? Let's also take a look at the significance of these goals. Yzermans goal won them the series, in overtime nonetheless. Ovechkin's goal came at the tail end of a game that was already a blowout. And yes, it really meant something in the long run too, considering the Capitals finished 14th in the Eastern Conference, and were 5th worst in the league. The two aren't even comparable, so don't even try.

And I'd like to add something on the Ovechkin goal: Is it a big deal only because he scored it? What would have happened if a 4th liner on Washington would have scored it? Would anyone have taken as much notice to it?

Edited by Kp-Wings

So in your world not remembering every element in 96' makes me less of a Wings fan, right?

Lets see... In 96" I was 19yrs old, and... thinking about Beer, Chasing poonta, Parting, going to school, Chasing more ass, parting, working full time, drinking brews, parting and chasing more ******. I remember very little from the ages of 17-24, too busy sowing my oats and raising hell... 94' thru 00' is a bit blurry to me. But I know it was fun, crazy, and wild.

But I'll bow to you and admit that you were a better wings fan than me if it makes you feel better, k dude.

MrSandman was owned by hockey town redwings for lagging brain cells in 96'. :clap:

Way to overreact. Not everyone got into hockey as early as other people. It's just anyone who was a hardcore fan then will never forget that goal or the circumstances around it. Wasnt necessarily an attack on you although I guess I can see why you might think that.

'95- New Jersey

'96- Colorado

'97- Detroit

'98- Detroit

'99- Dallas

'00- New Jersey

'01- Colorado

'02- Detroit

'03- New Jersey

'04- Tampa Bay

'06- Carolina

not that difficult to remember

sorry, its just that wings fans usually know the important things, we are a little touchy

Edited by rwfan007

Oh I almost forgot this gem.... and it wasn't even by Stevie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMqH0e2MgzA :clap:

What a goal by a generational player. Truly exceptional hands and Gretzky-esque vision, more magnificant than Mario, this is... Mark Mowers.

:blush:

'95- New Jersey

'96- Colorado

'97- Detroit

'98- Detroit

'99- Dallas

'00- New Jersey

'01- Colorado

'02- Detroit

'03- New Jersey

'04- Tampa Bay

'06- Carolina

not that difficult to remember

sorry, its just that wings fans usually know the important things, we are a little touchy

Sorry had to fix it for ya.

What a goal by a generational player. Truly exceptional hands and Gretzky-esque vision, more magnificant than Mario, this is... Mark Mowers.

lol thanks, '05 was a bad year, i try to forget it

At least Mowers has done it before. I'd like to see Williams try a move like that without getting laid out because he's so slow.

And yes, I've even gone as far as to say that Mark Mowers is better than Williams. And he is.

Then it's probably safe to say that I've been a loyal Detroit Redwings fan since September 5th, 1976. But only a hardcore fan on and off for the past 30years.

Just because I was unable (or having too much fun with other things) to have watched every single 2450ish game and every single 466,000 minutes played through the couse of the past 30yrs doesnt make me less "loyal" to the wings.

That my son, is not overreacting.

And I never said you were less loyal. You brought that up.

Then it's probably safe to say that I've been a loyal Detroit Redwings fan since September 5th, 1976. But only a hardcore fan on and off for the past 30years.

Just because I was unable (or having too much fun with other things) to have watched every single 2450ish game and every single 466,000 minutes played through the couse of the past 30yrs doesnt make me less "loyal" to the wings.

That my son, is not overreacting.

this was not a regular ho hum regular season game, though, it was WCSF 0-0 double overtime game 7. I have been watching the wings since I was about 10 or 11 which was in '96 and though I don't remember every game, there are a few significant ones that stand out... game 7 was one of them