• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LIDDYGIBBY5

Glen Murray

Rate this topic

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/bos070218.html

TFP is stating that Murray is available. He has two years left on his contract worth $4.15M/year. Should the Wings look at picking him up, is he worth that kind of money? If Datsyuk does leave in the offseason would he be a good gap fill?

Edited by LIDDYGIBBY5

TFP is stating that Murray is available. He has two years left on his contract worth $4.15M/year. Should the Wings look at picking him up, is he worth that kind of money? If Datsyuk does leave in the offseason would he be a good gap fill?

No, he's a one dimensional player

No, he's a one dimensional player

From TSN.ca

Assets Owns the soft hands of a natural goal-scorer. His wrist shot is a bullet and he uses it often to bury his chances. Skates very well for a 6-3, 225-pound winger.

Flaws Could use his size more effectively in the offensive zone. Is only an average defensive forward.

Career potential Top six winger.

Isn't this something we are looking for? Big and strong, but not a thug. Offensive minded, and can shoot and score. We don't need him to be anyting but an average defensive forward.

From TSN.ca

Assets Owns the soft hands of a natural goal-scorer. His wrist shot is a bullet and he uses it often to bury his chances. Skates very well for a 6-3, 225-pound winger.

Flaws Could use his size more effectively in the offensive zone. Is only an average defensive forward.

Career potential Top six winger.

Isn't this something we are looking for? Big and strong, but not a thug. Offensive minded, and can shoot and score. We don't need him to be anyting but an average defensive forward.

Once again i'll pass, bring in someone else who can do the same for cheap

If he was a 'rental' I'd be more inclined to take a chance.

Having 2 years remaining at over $4 mil/season is probably enough to keep me away.

I agree pretty much. I like him if he didn't have the years left. I like this guy despite what some people in here think but its hard to eat that kind of salary, even if the cap goes up, when they have other guys that need to be signed this offseason.

I agree pretty much. I like him if he didn't have the years left. I like this guy despite what some people in here think but its hard to eat that kind of salary, even if the cap goes up, when they have other guys that need to be signed this offseason.

Lang and Maltby take up $5.244M and as of now the Wings are at least $2.5M under the cap. Murray would cost $4.15M leaving over $5M to play with. Datsyuk makes $3.9 and you could expect him (if he stays) to make $5.9M. That still leaves $3M to resign RFA's. (That assumes that we don't make any goalie changes that would save us more money) Murray is affordable!

it would be a good pick up if we dont lose lang ... i rather just lose lang in free agency ... we would need him playoff time

Datsyuk Zetterberg Holmstrom

Murray Lang Cleary

Franzen Draper Maltby

Kopecky Filppula Hudler

Trade williams lilja and a 2nd rounder for murray

Edited by KrazyGangsta

How in Christ's name do you even say something that stupid? Glen Murray and Pavel Datsyuk are not similar players and no he cannot replace Datsyuk. I would not mind getting Murray if he was to be a rental but that is not the case thus I will pass and hopefully Holland will as well. Murray is indeed a one dimensional player, he scores and thats about it. He does not impose his large frame on people and he does not seem to care much for any sort of defensive duty that he has. Im just baffled that someone would even say Murray could fill a gap left void by Datsyuk's potential departure. Give your head a shake.

Trade williams lilja and a 2nd rounder for murray

That's Williams trade proposal #321 I think. Or have we hit higher already?

Even if the Wings wanted Murray, which I kinda doubt, they'd have to give up more then that. Even with Murray's huge contract and lack of defensive play, he's worth more then a crappy forward, an even crappier defensemen, and a draft pick.

That's Williams trade proposal #321 I think. Or have we hit higher already?

Even if the Wings wanted Murray, which I kinda doubt, they'd have to give up more then that. Even with Murray's huge contract and lack of defensive play, he's worth more then a crappy forward, an even crappier defensemen, and a draft pick.

Murray plays 19 min/game in Boston including enough time on PP, which he would never get in Detroit.

Forget he would have the same production he does now, dropping him to the same production level as Williams did last season.

In addition 4,15 M USD / year are a way too much for such player.

Murray plays 19 min/game in Boston including enough time on PP, which he would never get in Detroit.

Forget he would have the same production he does now, dropping him to the same production level as Williams did last season.

In addition 4,15 M USD / year are a way too much for such player.

With Williams' ice time, and the same per-minute production rate, Murray would have about 22 goals and 14 assists for 36 points in 60 games, which would place ahead of anyone not on the first PP unit. It would also mean he was on pace for 30 goals.

Murray is scratched from tonights game. officially it's some groin minor injury but knowing precedents(sp) from the past, this could indicate an upcoming trade. potential buyers for him?

Lang and Maltby take up $5.244M and as of now the Wings are at least $2.5M under the cap. Murray would cost $4.15M leaving over $5M to play with. Datsyuk makes $3.9 and you could expect him (if he stays) to make $5.9M. That still leaves $3M to resign RFA's. (That assumes that we don't make any goalie changes that would save us more money) Murray is affordable!

How much of that $5.244M is Lang?

So is Datsyuk. And he's on the team, right?

I disagree, Datsyuk has become a very responisble forward in his own end. He's great at picking forward's pockets on the backcheck and is back in position most of the time. In fact, I'd say his defensive play makes the chances of him signing a big contract easier to swallow. Well, that and he's part of one of the most dynamic tandems in the NHL.

I disagree, Datsyuk has become a very responisble forward in his own end. He's great at picking forward's pockets on the backcheck and is back in position most of the time. In fact, I'd say his defensive play makes the chances of him signing a big contract easier to swallow. Well, that and he's part of one of the most dynamic tandems in the NHL.

Defensive play or not, I would never give Datsyuk 7 million. With the exception of when we had to pay Sergei his money when Carolina *almost* got him from us, Russians and money don't exactly bode well for good play. Case and Point: Alexei Yashin.

But, this is another subject for another day. Let's not turn this into a Datsyuk topic.

Edited by Kp-Wings