• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta Power 40

I'm sick of the FLYERS playing on VS

Rate this topic

I can't take much more of them. They have to play Boston tonight, which I'm also sick of seeing on this damn channel. Tomorrow Philly goes to Buffalo. I'm pretty sure Philly has played at least once on VS mon,tues this entire season. If not every week, pretty close. Put on Nashville / Phoenix tonight. A game with more meaning. This is such a worthless game.

Edited by Red Wings 516

The schedule for VS. comes out before the season started. Philly has a good market, and they finished 5th in their conference last year. Not many people expected Philly to struggle the way they have this season. Unfortunately these things happen. I.E. Take a look at some of the teams that played on Monday Night Football this season.

The schedule for VS. comes out before the season started. Philly has a good market, and they finished 5th in their conference last year. Not many people expected Philly to struggle the way they have this season. Unfortunately these things happen. I.E. Take a look at some of the teams that played on Monday Night Football this season.

Good point with the football :thumbup:

Good point with the football :thumbup:

I liked what the NFL did with the Sunday Night Football; they had a Flex game where they basically took the best alternative from a group of games.

There is no reason they couldn't do this with the NHL. In fact, it would be much easier logistically than what they have to do with the NFL, since the games times don't differ as drastically.

Speaking of rants about games on TV. Do you realize the Wings vs. Avs is the feature game again this weekend on NBC. My God they don't want to let it (the rivalry) die. If a non-hockey person turns on the TV to watch this supposed blad blood rivalry, they must think hockey fans are nuts.

Edited for grammar

Edited by Airborn

I liked what the NFL did with the Sunday Night Football; they had a Flex game where they basically took the best alternative from a group of games.

There is no reason they couldn't do this with the NHL. In fact, it would be much easier logistically than what they have to do with the NFL, since the games times don't differ as drastically.

I've been saying that as well. There's no reason the NHL can't change their schedule around. Well, actually there must be a reason they can't. Or they're just dumb.

My biggest complaint about VS is whenever the Wings are on, it seems like it's always a Monday night, at the same time as 24 :angry:

Be careful what you complain about. The Wings and Flyers are both on Versus the exact same number of times: seven. It shouldn't be a surprise that Detroit and Philly are on the most since they are the best T.V. markets for hockey in the U.S. (Note: and by "best" I don't mean "biggest." Obviously New York is a bigger market, but I saw some stats that showed that the T.V. ratings are by far the highest in the Detroit and Philly markets.)

Edited by A.T.Hun

Speaking of rants about games on TV. Do you realize the Wings vs. Avs is the feature game again this weekend on NBC. My God they don't want to let it (the rivalry) die. If a non-hockey person turns on the TV to watch this supposed blad blood rivalry, they must think hockey fans are nuts.

Edited for grammar

yeah, once again i get screwed, cause the second game on that feature is penguings flyers, and since i live near phili, im positive that i will get screwed and shown that game instead

VS. basically does the same type of games all the time, mostly with the Atlantic division. It's always a Penguins-Flyers game, or a Devils-Rangers game. Or with those four interweaved somewhere. The NY Islanders have been on one time the whole season, while the other four have been at least 5 or 6 times. I'm really sick of the Penguins-Flyers games, because it's not even a contest. The same thing happens every time: The Penguins, mostly Crosby and Malkin, skate circles around Phillys dinosaurs like Hatcher and blow them out of the water. Then there's a little bit of cheap stuff going around, but nobody on the Penguins really follows it up, so it's not really even fighting. If there's a game I'm so sick of watching, it's a Penguins-Flyers matchup. I think every match between these two has been on either VS. or NBC this season, and it's really pathetic.

edited for spelling

Edited by Kp-Wings

It would right kill those SOBs to stick a Canadian team on there other than when they absolutely have no alternative. As much as I'm looking forward to Wild-Devils, I have a feeling Sens-Sabres would generate more excitement.

They did have a Montreal-Boston, and a Toronto-Boston game on there before. But that was just a rare moment.

Their having a Wild-Devils game on? Wow, talk about a snoozer. There probably won't be more than 10 shots on goal on both sides because of the constant trapping.

You kiddin'? The way Philly has been playing theyre exactly the kinda team i want to see on there! I dont care what their record is, i just want an entertaining game.

You kiddin'? The way Philly has been playing theyre exactly the kinda team i want to see on there! I dont care what their record is, i just want an entertaining game.

Agreed, I was going to make the same point you just beat me to it.

Was anyone able to catch the Pit New York Isle game today? It was pretty great. Given there wasn't much goaltending untill the last 30 seconds, but the ending was amazing. Dipietro (uncertain on spelling) stopped an arsenal of shots resuliting into a breakway for the go ahead goal. It snapped Pits huge streak with at least a point. I know it doesn't souind as entertaining, but if you saw it, you'd understand.

Alright alright....slow start but i got a good feeling about this game after a big scrum. Time for some scrappin...Eager and Reich, start gettin' loose!

Awesome fight between Richards and Mara, with one of the most interesting long range squareoffs ive seen in a long time. My blood's still pumping and it was a half hour ago..