• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Kopecky may not return this season.

Rate this topic

Ansar Khan:

“It’s going to be a hard decision,’’ coach Mike Babcock said after practice Monday. “He was flying around out there today, he’s a great big body, he can skate, he’s a physical guy. But, in the end, because of the type of injury he had and the type of game hockey is, they’re going to have to decide with the doctors, is the risk and the reward worth it. I’m not trying to say he’s not going to play again this year, but there’s a chance he won’t until next year. … We don’t want him getting hurt again and having surgery again and starting all over again.’’

I hope he can return to the lineup. I really liked his physical presence.

i'd like him to return, but if it's still risky he should stay out. he's still young and still has a lot more hockey to play after this season.

Edited by HomeNugget

We need him back. I don't think they should rush him or anything, but anything to get Williams lazy ass out of the lineup will take. Kopecky does bring a physical presence too, which is sorely needed.

It wont be Williams lazy ass, itll be Langfeld's hard-working ass.

Sorry guys, but Kopecky didnt show he's worth a damn. 1 pt in 26 games?? How does this escape criticism? Hell even Brian McGrattan has 2 pts! If you're not going to contribute at all offensively, you had better be a physical force. Kopecky was fairly physical but not anywhere near enough to warrant being in the lineup.

Sorry guys, but Kopecky didnt show he's worth a damn. 1 pt in 26 games?? How does this escape criticism? Hell even Brian McGrattan has 2 pts! If you're not going to contribute at all offensively, you had better be a physical force. Kopecky was fairly physical but not anywhere near enough to warrant being in the lineup.

who cares about points, kopecky worked so hard in the corners. He gave 100% every night. Williams is a piece of s***. He is lazy and he can't hit open nets. I'm pretty sure Kopecky would of scored on the 1st try :P

Edited by Red Wings 516

I agree, but I was hoping he would develop. Maybe next year. We'll see, I guess.

who cares about points, kopecky worked so hard in the corners. He gave 100% every night. Williams is a piece of s***. He is lazy and he can't hit open nets. I'm pretty sure Kopecky would of scored on the 1st try :P

He worked hard...whooptydo. All im saying is he's EASILY replacable, if you intend on having a guy on your 4th line who's not gonna score at all...let that someone be real physical guy. You might as well have a fighter occupy that spot...its not he could score any less.

:clap:

He worked hard...whooptydo. All im saying is he's EASILY replacable, if you intend on having a guy on your 4th line who's not gonna score at all...let that someone be real physical guy. You might as well have a fighter occupy that spot...its not he could score any less.

Is playing a clip of a minor league fight from last year supposed to prove a point to me? Where was that in the 26 games he played for the Wings?

Guest Crymson

I too like Kopecky...brings some speed and grit...and isnt that what we need? Of course we'd also like the speed and grit to come with experience and 20 goals.

So trade Williams and Lilja for somebody like that!

Is playing a clip of a minor league fight from last year supposed to prove a point to me? Where was that in the 26 games he played for the Wings?

If you think Williams deserves to be in the lineup over Kopecky, then no one needs to prove a point to you.

Hey, I hear Devereaux might be available :D :D :D

Edited by Darius099

If you think Williams deserves to be in the lineup over Kopecky, then no one needs to prove a point to you.

Hey, I hear Devereaux might be available :D :D :D

Im not a Williams fan, but you guys are getting completely out of hand if you think Kopecky should be in the lineup over him.

Lets look at the company of one Mr. better than Williams Tomas Kopecky...

26 games- 1pt (on pace for 2 pts in 52 games)

Brian McGrattan 43 games - 2pts

Colton Orr 32 games - 1pt

Wade Belak 57 games - 3 pts

Derek Boogaard 37 games- 1pt

Josh Gratton 37 games - 2pts

Aaron Downey 21 games - 1pt

Darcy Hordichuk - 34 games 3 pts

Do i make my point? You cant even attempt to make an ice time argument either!

Now, lets factor in that the above guys play extemely physical to the highest level to make up for the fact they do little offensively. Whats Kopecky doing? Couple hits here and there?

Oh god how could i forget...

Brad Norton 6 games - 1pt

He's an offensive juggernaut compared to Kopecky!

You are right Lou...but none of those other players are on our team. We have Kopecky, and we need to get it from somewhere. Kopecky on the 4th line wont hurt our team as much as Williams does on the second line.

So Williams isnt a good 2nd liner, he still sure as hell is better than Kopecky right now. Im not a big advocate of either but both Norton and Bootland would do more on the 4th line.

Oh god how could i forget...

Brad Norton 6 games - 1pt

He's an offensive juggernaut compared to Kopecky!

So Williams isnt a good 2nd liner, he still sure as hell is better than Kopecky right now. Im not a big advocate of either but both Norton and Bootland would do more on the 4th line.

You're preaching to the choir.

So trade Williams and Lilja for somebody like that!

I assume you are being facetious, but if Kenny simply had not resigned Williams and Lilja he could have used that $2.5 million to get exactly that type of player this off season. Now he's boxed himself in the position of having to give up real prospects and picks for the same players he could have signed as free agents.

Edited by epps

Im not a Williams fan, but you guys are getting completely out of hand if you think Kopecky should be in the lineup over him.

QFT.

And I have nothing against Kopecky whatsoever, I want him back in the lineup, and Williams is on my pooper scooper list as well. But to say Kopecky is better than Williams is stretching it a bit too far.