• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manoir

Florida Wants Hudler For Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

Why are so many people opposed to Hudler for Bertuzzi straight up? Many people forget who Bertuzzi is, no not a cheap shotting con artist, but a physical presence who can score goals.

I think people are so dumb founded and all they can talk about is the stupid Moore hit bull s***... bert is a POWERFORWARD... I won't want to take him if he doesn't pass any exams or just can't perform and it hurts to skate that's the only reason why i would turn down that offer

Because the Colorado court determined that jurisdiction isn't proper in Colorado, the court system failed? You make no sense.

Whatever, all I'm saying is that Moore had a broken neck, his career uncertain and he gets jack squat for reinbursment. that's what makes no sense

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

Whatever, all I'm saying is that Moore had a broken neck, his career uncertain and he gets jack squat for reinbursment. that's what makes no sense

It makes sense for the Colorado court to dimiss it. And I think there's still a case pending somewhere in Canada.

Did the punch to the back of the head happen in Colorado or Van?

The incident happened in Denver, I think. But since both the defendant and his team are based in Vancouver, Colorado court decided that the case should be heard there. I'm no lawyer, but I think that's a copout. When US courts want to get someone, the jurisdiction matters magically resolve themselves. If this was a murder or, god forbid, tax evasion case, nobody would care that the defendant lives in Canada. He'd be extradited and tried in the US faster than you can say Manuel Noriega.

Edit: My mistake, it happened in Vancouver. Disregard the above tirade. :blush:

Edited by sibiriak

understood, so the case is still up in the air in canada then

"On February 16, 2006, Moore filed a civil suit in the province of Ontario against Bertuzzi, The Vancouver Canucks, and the parent company of the Canucks, Orca Bay. He is seeking CAD$15 million in pecuniary damages for loss of income, CAD$1 million for aggravated damages, and CAD$2 million for punitive damages. Moore's parents Jack and Anna, who were watching their son on television when the attack happened, are also suing, seeking CAD$1.5 million for "for negligent infliction of nervous shock and mental distress." There was some question in the media as to the timing of the lawsuit, which was filed shortly after the first game in the Olympics for Team Canada and Bertuzzi, but Moore's lawyer Tim Danson said, "There's nothing to the timing other than the fact that there's a limitation period."The statute of limitations he referred was based on linking the charges to the Näslund hit, and thus expired on February 17, 2006.

As of December 15, 2006, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is attemping to get Bertuzzi and Moore to agree on an out-of-court settlement in the $19.5 million lawsuit filed by Moore.

The incident happened in Denver, I think. But since both the defendant and his team are based in Vancouver, Colorado court decided that the case should be heard there. I'm no lawyer, but I think that's a copout. When US courts want to get someone, the jurisdiction matters magically resolve themselves. If this was a murder or, god forbid, tax evasion case, nobody would care that the defendant lives in Canada. He'd be extradited and tried in the US faster than you can say Manuel Noriega.

Edit: My mistake, it happened in Vancouver. Disregard the above tirade. :blush:

It happend in Vancouver March 8th 2004 and i was at that game ;)

Agreed, as well they shouldn't. I'd trade five Hudlers for Corey Perry. HUGE part of the Ducks' future.

Funny how that works; we could have picked Perry with the 27th pick overall in 2003 had we not traded that pick away (and a 2nd and Avery and pylon) for Mathieu Schneider.

Guest Crymson

Screw Hudler, offer Datsyuk

You've officially classified yourself as a dumbass. Good work.

You've officially classified yourself as a dumbass. Good work.

Thanks for that clarification. I'll take a bruising forward over a finesse player who hasn't done diddly squat in the post-season any day of the week. We all know how well finesse players do in the playoffs.

Datsyuk is a walk free agent anyways. Might as well get something for him now.

This is painful to read.

You realize that the team he's traded to essentially gets nothing for the very reason you mentioned? What utility does Florida have for a forward who's gone the next season?

That's the reason that post of yours was so very stupid.

Thanks for that clarification. I'll take a bruising forward over a finesse player who hasn't done diddly squat in the post-season any day of the week. We all know how well finesse players do in the playoffs.

You sound like you blame Datsyuk for all our failures. There's more than one player who didn't play well in our years that we lost. If it was only Datsyuk who didn't play well, don't you think we would of just benched him and won a few more cups?

Edited by Mudvayneowns91