• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manoir

Florida Wants Hudler For Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

I'd rather have a 75 perent healthy Bertuzzi than Hudler. This is great news. I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. What would you rather have: Hudler, a small skilled forward ..in which we have an abundance of them...way more than enough; or A beast who can hit/fight/and put the puck in the net....Hmm, well, Since we need Men instead of boys on this team..I'll take the guy who will play over the guy whom rarely plays..

I havn't seen much of bertuzzi post moore incident to tell you the truth. But if I remember correctly, I heard that his hitting has gone way down after that, but this was only a couple months after he came back from the suspension. Is he hitting alot now or has a stopped?

are you kidding me?

we can trade a 178 lbs / 5'9" Euro for a 235 lbs / 6'3" a$$ who can both hit and score, has something to prove and barring some serious problems has every capability to be a major force in playoffs...

no way we trade 1st round pick for him (not that this draft was overly exciting but it's still 1st round pick anyway). but Hudler and even some 2nd round for Thugguzzi with a chance of doing damage in playoffs.

done in a heartbeat. sure, I'm not a big fan of him, but let's keep it aside and call it straight: if healthy he'll be a huge factor in Wings cup run

If it's just Hudler, I'd do it, but like Lou said it must be a 1st rounder and Hudler if they're asking Anaheim for Perry.

are you kidding me?

we can trade a 178 lbs / 5'9" Euro for a 235 lbs / 6'3" a$$ who can both hit and score, has something to prove and barring some serious problems has every capability to be a major force in playoffs...

This sums up my feelings on the matter as well.

Edited by Airborn

i'm afraid if we get this guy, he wont be able to play. even now in florida, he keeps delaying his time for return. I still think its too risky......we should save hudler for trade bait and get someone better

Hudler is never gonna shine here. Period. Let's say we keep him, then next off-season whe the age of UFA's go down, and we sign a bunch of guys, Hudler will not even make the club. We have to do something to trump the Nashville trade, and I say if Kenny doesn't give them Hudler for Bertuzzi, then he will only fall another notch on my (and many others) good standing list...

Hudler, I believe, along with Williams are the only younger guys than someone MAY have an interest in. Williams MAY get us a Lapointe type player, if Hudler will land us Bertuzzi, then do it. But kenny is so high on his European players that I wouldn't be surprised. Besieds, how much young talent do we still have in the minors and over-seas that are waiting for their chance in Detroit? JUSTIN ABDELKADER, CORY EMMERTON , JOHAN RYNO & IGOR GRIGORENKO to name a few. All of which are better than Hudler at this point in their respective career's...

...make the trade, Hudler for Bertuzzi, done deal...

...resign him, because next year we will have a ton of money (as opposed to this season) to sign players. If we trade Lang for a draft pick or 2, Ficsher's contract should come off the books, resign Maltby to less than a million, give Schneider about $2MM. We should have lots of cash to throw around, as long as Holland doesn't give Dats the max...

Guest Crymson

I was just watching TSN and their hockey insider, Bob McKenzie, said that Detroit and Anaheim are the two front-runners for Bertuzzi. However, both teams feel that the asking price is too high right now. Florida wants Hudler from Detroit and Perry from Anaheim in any deal involving Bertuzzi.

Duhhhh no, Hudler for a total washed out scumbag who might not play up to speed because of injury? Come on..

Edit: It'd be a good trade if I didn't feel like the integrity of this organization lies with NOT signing Bert..

Edited by Crymson

Your not trying to tell me that your going to compare Huds to Perry are you :zzz:

All he/I said was it must be a pick plus Hudler because Perry is better...whats the confusion here?

i'm afraid if we get this guy, he wont be able to play. even now in florida, he keeps delaying his time for return. I still think its too risky......we should save hudler for trade bait and get someone better

...maybe he is delaying his return because he is not happy there and wants out. Maybe he is dragging his feet, you know, how some people are allways calling in sick to work when they don't feel like going in that day...

...maybe he does't want to come out and say he wants out, but really does. Heck do you know anyone who WANTS to play for the Florida Panthers?

I like Franzen a lot , he works hard pretty much game in and game out, he hits he kills on the pk.. He could potentially be like Homer, and don't forget i said POTENTIALLY ;)

Your right he does have Homer potential but if i remember correctly Bertuzzi played on a line with Naslund and Morrison and the was the Homer of the Canucks

Your not trying to tell me that your going to compare Huds to Perry are you :zzz:

Where did you get that? I was saying that Perry has more trade value than Hudler.

Perry has waaay more value than Hudler.

Considering everything, even Bert's status, I think I would do it. Itll be nice to see him in those 3 games, and if he joins Detroit, hell know that hes been signed to bring some grit. The idea of seeing Bert in a Wings uniform alone would make me consider Hudler, but in the end, we are paying a price.

Bottom line is that Burke wont trade Perry PERIOD. Hes no Milbury. Perry for Bertuzzi would be a candidate for worst trade of the year. Knowing that, Florida's asking price might go down.

Perry has waaay more value than Hudler.

Considering everything, even Bert's status, I think I would do it. Itll be nice to see him in those 3 games, and if he joins Detroit, hell know that hes been signed to bring some grit. The idea of seeing Bert in a Wings uniform alone would make me consider Hudler, but in the end, we are paying a price.

Bottom line is that Burke wont trade Perry PERIOD. Hes no Milbury. Perry for Bertuzzi would be a candidate for worst trade of the year. Knowing that, Florida's asking price might go down.

:clap::clap: ... Burke is one of the best gms in the game today, like you said there's no way that Burke would trade Perry for Bert not in a million years.. Just saying sometimes you have to take a risk once and a while :P

Hudler, I believe, along with Williams are the only younger guys than someone MAY have an interest in. Williams MAY get us a Lapointe type player, if Hudler will land us Bertuzzi, then do it. But kenny is so high on his European players that I wouldn't be surprised. Besieds, how much young talent do we still have in the minors and over-seas that are waiting for their chance in Detroit? JUSTIN ABDELKADER, CORY EMMERTON , JOHAN RYNO & IGOR GRIGORENKO to name a few. All of which are better than Hudler at this point in their respective career's...

It wouldn't be a post from leftwinger unless he took a shot at Euros :rolleyes:

If Bertuzzi costs Hudler, Guerin will cost way more than that. Both players are rentals. If the Wings sign Bert, they wont get Guerin or Tkachuk too. If the Wings trade Hudler straight up for Bert, that could save them having to use firsts and seconds to land Guerin.

Hudler, Williams, and a second rounder for Bertuzzi. Make that trade and re-sign the beast. He is exactly what the Wings need!

Wow your crazy!!!!

If Bertuzzi costs Hudler, Guerin will cost way more than that. Both players are rentals. If the Wings sign Bert, they wont get Guerin or Tkachuk too. If the Wings trade Hudler straight up for Bert, that could save them having to use firsts and seconds to land Guerin.

Now that’s the best scenario I’ve herd yet congrats!!!

Edited by King Henrik40

Hudler, Williams, and a second rounder for Bertuzzi. Make that trade and re-sign the beast. He is exactly what the Wings need!

Or how bout Hudler, Williams and a 2nd for Bertuzzi AND Gelinas.

or Hudler for Bert and Willy for Mayers.

Either way, lets find ANY trade to get rid of Williams.

Edited by YoungGuns1340