• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manoir

Florida Wants Hudler For Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

If Bertuzzi costs Hudler, Guerin will cost way more than that. Both players are rentals. If the Wings sign Bert, they wont get Guerin or Tkachuk too. If the Wings trade Hudler straight up for Bert, that could save them having to use firsts and seconds to land Guerin.

Very good point

Wow your crazy!!!!

Am I? Crazy for a team solid enough to win a Stanley Cup. Everyone is willing to part with Williams. Hudler is the best trade bait we have. We won't miss the 2nd round pick with our ability to draft talent in late rounds. Do you want a difference maker or do you want to watch another team make all the trades?

you guys want to trade Hudler for a guy who has 7 games played and is still unsure if he can play even now. Hudler is our trade bait.........we can land someone better then Bertuzzi. If no other deals can get done, then I'm for this.....but only as a last resort. I don't wanna lose our trade bait to Bertuzzi.......not when so many better deals can get done

It wouldn't be a post from leftwinger unless he took a shot at Euros :rolleyes:

...you're right, but at least this time I am not talking bad about them, I was just confirming Kenny's love for the European born player. It was more of a shot at Kenny...

...anyhow, I believe the risk is worth it. Even though he is coming off an injury, he would definately fill more than one void in this lineup, if he is healthy enough to play...

you guys want to trade Hudler for a guy who has 7 games played and is still unsure if he can play even now. Hudler is our trade bait.........we can land someone better then Bertuzzi. If no other deals can get done, then I'm for this.....but only as a last resort. I don't wanna lose our trade bait to Bertuzzi.......not when so many better deals can get done

AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE 7 GAMES PLAYED AND 7 POINTS, MEANING HE'S A POINT PURE GAME PLAYER SO FAR THIS SEASON ;)

Hudler, Williams, and a second rounder for Bertuzzi. Make that trade and re-sign the beast. He is exactly what the Wings need!

too much. pass in that case.

but i'd damn near offer hudler in any trade that comes down the pipe. sell him while we can.

EDIT: people that keep saying how we can draft great in later rounds don't realize that this draft is thin. So a fourth rounder is not going to get you what it might have a few years ago.

Edited by OpenLane

Guest Crymson

Am I? Crazy for a team solid enough to win a Stanley Cup. Everyone is willing to part with Williams. Hudler is the best trade bait we have. We won't miss the 2nd round pick with our ability to draft talent in late rounds. Do you want a difference maker or do you want to watch another team make all the trades?

I agree we won't miss Williams at all, nor Hudler TOO much, but as for the draft pick? We've been very lucky that our scouting team has picked out great late-draft prospects. However, don't take that for granted, and certainly don't assume that it is a failsafe plan.

FYI, though: Williams will get us nothing. I believe we've been over this.

Hudler for Bertuzzi is perfect and pretty much enough. another trade for some gritty 4th liner and we're perfectly fine. the point is this team is working right now and only needs some additional depth to put the load off the 1st line. and definitely it's our 2nd line which needs some improvement.

throw Hudler, Williams and some picks and get one big guy like Bertuzzi and if there's any chance also some banging RW (Asham, Mayers, Lapointe) and call it done. we can't change half of the team and f* up all the chemistry.

AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE 7 GAMES PLAYED AND 7 POINTS, MEANING HE'S A POINT PURE GAME PLAYER SO FAR THIS SEASON ;)

back in what.....october? I can just see it now......we acquire him and watch him sit out through the playoffs :flamingmad:

Edited by shanahanman

Guest Crymson

...anyhow, I believe the risk is worth it. Even though he is coming off an injury, he would definately fill more than one void in this lineup, IF he is healthy enough to play [well]...

See my changes, and you'll see my concerns, besides the fact that he's a total scumbag dips***. "I'm so sorry!"

back in what.....october? I can just see it now......we acquire him and watch him sit out through the playoffs

Ok dumbass you said that he's play in 7 games and didn't produce, and that's why i put that on here.. and like i said again yes he's a risk to sign but you sometimes need to take a risk in life.. The preds did with Forsberg.. IF HE'S HEALTHY HE CAN BE ONE OF THE BEST POWER FORWARDS IN THE GAME

Exactly what better deals can get done? The only guy better is Guerin, the most coveted rental player around right now. JD's asking price for him already is a player/prospect and a 1st

Like I said, if Bertuzzi costs Hudler, Guerin will cost Hudler and a 1st . Also, you have to consider that most teams (anaheim, san jose, carolina) have better prospects/players to offer and their 1st rounders will likely be lower than Detroit's which may mean Detroit needs to tip the trade even further just to beat out the competition. For example, Joe Pavelski (rumored to be trade bait) and SJ's 1st rounder would beat out Hudler and our 1st every day of the week and twice on sunday's. That may mean Detroit has to offer Hudler, a 1st and maybe a 5th/6th to tip the scales. If thats the case, Hudler for Bert straight up looks better and better every second.

At any rate, Holland wont do anything until hes seen Bert play a few games, so you can all rest assured until then.

Guest Crymson

Ok dumbass you said that he's play in 7 games and didn't produce, and that's why i put that on here.. and like i said again yes he's a risk to sign but you sometimes need to take a risk in life.. The preds did with Forsberg.. IF HE'S HEALTHY HE CAN BE ONE OF THE BEST POWER FORWARDS IN THE GAME

IF!!! Do you want to take a risk on a guy who hasn't played in 5 months and has had major surgery during that time?

Guest Crymson

At any rate, Holland wont do anything until hes seen Bert play a few games, so you can all rest assured until then.

Good point.

don't get so butt-hurt. i never said he didn't produce, i said it was way back in October when he DID. Even Forsberg played some games before getting traded to Nashville.

you know, after thinking about it, I say no way. Not for Hudler, not for anybody.

I'll make the bold prediction now that Bert is going to be a playoff bust.

:clap:

i'm a big hudler fan and would love to keep him BUT, if it takes him and a second rounder or less, DO IT. the wings haven't had that type of physical force in forever. everyone says its the one thing we lack, so why not see if it IS IN FCAT the one thing we lack.

do it. we have planty of young talented forwards in the system, and with the detroit scouting system, we wouldn't have to worry too much.

you know, after thinking about it, I say no way. Not for Hudler, not for anybody.

I'll make the bold prediction now that Bert is going to be a playoff bust.

we'll see if I end up eating my words.

Yea I'm starting to think so too I'd much rather get Guerin or Tkachuk

IF!!! Do you want to take a risk on a guy who hasn't played in 5 months and has had major surgery during that time?

Ok i will say it one more time, sometimes you need to take risks... I ask you who else we could get with the same type of play that bert has with only trading Huds??