• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Pens > Wings

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fid=548

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/powerranking

A little ridiculous this week, but they have some kind of system and I guess we are supposed to trust it. And that system is what teams are the best in the last 10 games they have played, but they will argue it's something different until they are blue in the face.

Especially crazy is TSN's reason for the Preds to be that high losing 6 of the last 8... FLOPPA!!!

EDIT: SPELLING

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fid=548

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/powerranking

A little ridiculous this week, but they have some kind of system and I guess we are supposed to trust it. And that system is what teams are the best in the last 10 hames they have played, but they will argue it's something different until they are blue in the face.

Especially crazy is TSN's reason for the Preds to be that high losing 6 of the last 8... FLOPPA!!!

Hmm im kind of confused on how the sens and the pens are ahead of the wings.. Oh well next week wings will be the #1 team :thumbup:

That seems a little farfetched to me. I was watching the Pens/Isle game today and Fluery gave up a goal with like 25 seconds left to lose in regulation. Also, according to NHL.com they're 25th in the league in goals against, but tied 4th in the league for wins. I just don't see a unbalanced team like that going very far in the playoffs.

That seems a little farfetched to me. I was watching the Pens/Isle game today and Fluery gave up a goal with like 25 seconds left to lose in regulation. Also, according to NHL.com they're 25th in the league in goals against, but tied 4th in the league for wins. I just don't see a unbalanced team like that going very far in the playoffs.

Which part is unbalanced, please explain

Which part is unbalanced, please explain

Well, there are only 5 teams worse than them at letting goals in. That correlates to their lack of defense/goaltending. Like today at one point, Fluery was 20/25. They score bunches, but if they're letting them in almost as much, I'm just not sold. Especially when the playoffs are a 7 game series sometimes and so much depends on the defense and goaltending

Well, there are only 5 teams worse than them at letting goals in. That correlates to their lack of defense/goaltending. Like today at one point, Fluery was 20/25. They score bunches, but if they're letting them in almost as much, I'm just not sold. Especially when the playoffs are a 7 game series sometimes and so much depends on the defense and goaltending

Well there goalie is young as is there defense.. And im sure that they will get a veteran d man come deadline time and another solid scoring player as they have so much money.. Really there whole team is young and will get the experience, really who thought that the pens would be this good this season and would most likly make the playoffs.. I think its great forsure, and don't forget.... ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE PLAYOFFS ;)

Well there goalie is young as is there defense.. And im sure that they will get a veteran d man come deadline time and another solid scoring player as they have so much money.. Really there whole team is young and will get the experience, really who thought that the pens would be this good this season and would most likly make the playoffs.. I think its great forsure, and don't forget.... ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE PLAYOFFS ;)

I agree completely. They are young and are quality. But I believe their time is in 2 or 3 years. I just don't think I'd put them above the Wings right now. We're 2nd in goals against and 9th in scoring. Scoring could be up a bit, but as we all know, defense can win games (look at Pronger in playoffs last year) and we have in my opinion the best defensemen in the game.

If the Pens can get Guerin and a defenseman, ...i may very well become a believer.

They're 25th in GAA and on the PK they're 29th. I'm not sure if adding one player fixes all of that, at least out of the defensemen they have on the block

They're 25th in GAA and on the PK they're 29th. I'm not sure if adding one player fixes all of that, at least out of the defensemen they have on the block

Well they certainly have the assets to make some moves...they can use both their 1st and 2nd round picks with whatever players in trade and not even sweat it. If theyre looking for a major deal, a combo of Guerin/Brewer would be huge. Would be very costly of course. I know Brewer has struggled in St Louis but hey, could be a good risk.

Well they certainly have the assets to make some moves...they can use both their 1st and 2nd round picks with whatever players in trade and not even sweat it. If theyre looking for a major deal, a combo of Guerin/Brewer would be huge. Would be very costly of course. I know Brewer has struggled in St Louis but hey, could be a good risk.

Brewer is good, I remember him back with the Oilers. Although, they're much improved so no more top picks to give out... Don't get me wrong, they could be the best offensive team in the game, but they need to replace a line and half of defensemen and idk if you can accomplish that all before the deadline

IMO the Penguins have better scoring depth than us, and that is a little sad.

Sid the kid is something special, hate to say, but better than any player we got (maybe not #5) . They're 2nd in PP, but 29th in PK. Now if they can find a good balance of the two, watch out

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

Guest Tunbo Batman

well if i look at both teams record the last decade or so.....

DET 453-262-91

PIT 330-401-99

so the media might want to hype the f*** out of the pens cuz they have a great scoring line, but i still say DET > PIT for now.

well if i look at both teams record the last decade or so.....

DET 453-262-91

PIT 330-401-99

so the media might want to hype the f*** out of the pens cuz they have a great scoring line, but i still say DET > PIT for now.

I've been posting a lot on this subject, but anyways... The Wings are better for the fact we have a good 5 on 5 defense. Our PK needs to improve and it has gotten better since the beginning. A good defense has proven and will prove again that it stops a good offense no matter what. That pretty much a gimme in any sport.

I agree completely. They are young and are quality. But I believe their time is in 2 or 3 years. I just don't think I'd put them above the Wings right now. We're 2nd in goals against and 9th in scoring. Scoring could be up a bit, but as we all know, defense can win games (look at Pronger in playoffs last year) and we have in my opinion the best defensemen in the game.

I never said anything about being above the wings or better than them, im just saying they could make some noise in the playoffs that's all

You go 14-0-2 your last 16 games, you deserve to skyrocket up in any rankings.

Heaven forbid the Wings aren't #1 in these rankings, I mean that's the biggest travesty in the world there... :rolleyes:

Pittsburgh is ranked ahead of us? Who cares? Those rankings don't mean much in the grand scheme of things and even though we beat Pitt this year, it's not like we routinely see them to have any major jealousy factor....

Not an issue for me.

The Pens have a terrible defense, but if Fluery plays great and covers for them, they are a tough team to beat. Problem is, I think Fluery is still too young and inconsistent to do that throughout a run in the playoffs. Fluery continues to improve, but he isn't quite there yet.

You go 14-0-2 your last 16 games, you deserve to skyrocket up in any rankings.

Heaven forbid the Wings aren't #1 in these rankings, I mean that's the biggest travesty in the world there... :rolleyes:

Pittsburgh is ranked ahead of us? Who cares? Those rankings don't mean much in the grand scheme of things and even though we beat Pitt this year, it's not like we routinely see them to have any major jealousy factor....

Not an issue for me.

Right on SWF...

You're right, they don't really mean much but the fact that the Wings actually went down kind of suprised me. It's not like we lost 6 of our last 8 games or anything. Sure we have 2 losses in our past 10 but to fall one and for Nashville to only fall one spot doesn't make any sense.

To stay on topic, the Pens have played well, but they are not a complete team. Power rankings are all BS anyways. WE can worry about Power rankings when they determine whos name goes on the cup.

I would welcome a Wings vs. Pens SCF

Actually, espn.com has them listed as 23rd on the PK. They are also 4th on the PP. They've got a lethal PP going right now, and if they get another defensemen, then I can't see that being a problem area for them any longer. Fleury has stood on his head for that team, and a major reason why they won as many games as they did during their streak.

They may very well surprise alot of people in the playoffs, especially if Fleury gets hot. We all know how hard it is running into a hot goaltender in the playoffs.

Why is anyone paying attention to what ESPN says about hockey? These "power rankings" are the first mention of hockey I've heard from anyone associated with them all year. So the Pens are above the Wings. This is obviously just someone who knows absolutely nothing about hockey trying to get his quota in for the month. Even with the recent hot streak, anyone who places the Pens above Detroit, Nashville, Anaheim, San Jose, and New Jersey isn't worth a second thought.

The Penguins are 18-5-1 when Mark Eaton is in the lineup. 14-14-8 without.

Maybe they already have the defenseman they need, eh?

Where was he yestertday when they let 6 in? I'm not really sure if it is more the goalies aren't doing their job, but you shouldn't be letting in that many against the Islanders.... He may be good, but look at their PK, look at their GAA.