• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:05 PM

Alright this is getting so irritating that its driven me to start a rare thread. This Jason Williams talk is going completely overboard...its like the LGW plague. Over the course of just today ive seen it mentioned that people think Mr 1pt Kopecky is better than him, and now the ultimate slap in the face...2 AHL shmucks in Hussey and Ellis. Now the hot talk is waiving him! This is ridiculous, i am not a Jason Williams supporter and obviously want him traded but be serious about it. He is not THAT bad.
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#2 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:19 PM

I dont think hes worth a lot, but I bet he could fetch Jamal Mayers. That would be an improvement in my book.
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#3 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(Lou_Siffer @ February 19, 2007 - 11:05PM) View Post

Alright this is getting so irritating that its driven me to start a rare thread. This Jason Williams talk is going completely overboard...its like the LGW plague. Over the course of just today ive seen it mentioned that people think Mr 1pt Kopecky is better than him, and now the ultimate slap in the face...2 AHL shmucks in Hussey and Ellis. Now the hot talk is waiving him! This is ridiculous, i am not a Jason Williams supporter and obviously want him traded but be serious about it. He is not THAT bad.

He doesn't deserve what he's getting paid to do. Jason showed he had promise and even looked like he could develop some speed to his game. Now he just looks plain lazy out there, and the number of of turnovers I've seen him make (especially lately) piss me off.

I don't know who has said Kopecky is BETTER, but Williams deserves to be traded.

#4 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:28 PM

yes jason williams is that bad. I would rather have Lilja like I said. Williams isn't strong, has no d, and has no shot. One good quarter of a season and we are supposed to just keep justifying him playing like s***. He really wasn't even that impressive when he was on his streak.

Kopecky at least showed some heart and balls out there, plus I dont think they brought him up for his goal scoring ability either, at least I hope not.

Edited by ben_usmc, 19 February 2007 - 11:29 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#5 HenryMalredo

HenryMalredo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE(Lou_Siffer @ February 19, 2007 - 11:05PM) View Post

Agreed. He's played terrible, but he's certainly not useless. He's young and has shown some flashes of offensive talent. He could probably fetch a draft pick, maybe another roleplayer.

#6 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:32 PM

I really feel like he wouldn't fetch anything beyond a 6th rounder. He's pretty worthless, brings almost nothing to the ice, and now has concussion issues to boot. Like I said elsewhere, any deal involving him will pretty much be with the knowledge that we're just trying to get rid of the guy, and he's not part of the return at all.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#7 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ February 19, 2007 - 08:32PM) View Post

I really feel like he wouldn't fetch anything beyond a 6th rounder. He's pretty worthless, brings almost nothing to the ice, and now has concussion issues to boot. Like I said elsewhere, any deal involving him will pretty much be with the knowledge that we're just trying to get rid of the guy, and he's not part of the return at all.

All great points thumbup.gif
IPB Image

#8 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:36 PM

I've seen him give up more pucks then Lang and he can't even make an open netter
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#9 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:45 PM

I don't particularly like Jason Williams, and I wouldn't mind seeing him get traded at all. But I'm with you Lou, Willy is simply not as bad as people say he is. I feel he's underperformed this season when he was expected to help replace Shanny, but honestly, you'd think he was capable of absolutely nothing the way he's talked about around here.

And furthermore, can we drop the whole empty-net thing? I mean come on, it didn't come back to bite us, and he wound up scoring later on the play any way.

#10 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:59 AM

I say we keep Williams.

After all, wasn't it last season that you all wanted Dan Cleary's head on a stick?

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#11 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE(Hiei @ February 20, 2007 - 01:59AM) View Post

After all, wasn't it last season that you all wanted Dan Cleary's head on a stick?

Uh, well, no. It's OK to be a grinder and a PKer and Dano was (and is) excellent at that in '06.

Grinding and PKing are just two more things that Cleary contributes to the team that Willy doesn't, and that's before we take into account scoring.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#12 NEEDMOREGRIT

NEEDMOREGRIT

Rookie

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:36 AM

Kopecky > Williams.Atleast Kopecky can be physical and show some heart .Hell I'd even take Booter or Norton over Williams any day.

#13 NAVYWING

NAVYWING

Classy Guy!!!!

• PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:56 AM

Grand Rapids needs some scoring help. Send him down for the rest of the season, then buy his contract out for 2/3 value. This guy is a hoser.
"We were one of the teams that had the least amount of fights last year. You don't want your best players fighting. But Brendan was certainly a physical presence. Playing on Pavel Datsyuk's line, he obviously created some space for Pavel. That's something we're going to have to monitor," said Ken Holland.

Ugh.

#14 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(Hiei @ February 20, 2007 - 12:59AM) View Post

Um, nobody here (or very, very few people here) were saying this.

#15 Guest_nutz2u (Guest)

Guest_nutz2u (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:47 AM

My problem with Williams is that b4 signing his 1.6M per year deal he played harder,went to the corners, layed on some hits and since the signing he thinks that part of the game is someone elces job. mad.gif

#16 58Miles2Joe

58Miles2Joe

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

If you don't think WIlly's that bad, you haven't been paying attention. sleeping.gif

/ Matt Ellis

Posted Image

I believe in the end its a simple, simple game; no different than my two youngest fightin in the living room; you draw a line in the sand, and you decide who wants the ball more. And that's what hockey's about. - Babblecock

#17 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:06 AM

I'm with Lou. Williams is fast approaching Lilja status and that's not deserved. It's getting ridiculous - almost totally irrational.

One good quarter of a season and we are supposed to just keep justifying him playing like s***.

Bulls***. Williams had 58 points last season and has been good enough to see time with the Wings since 2001. More like, one bad half season and all of a sudden he's garbage. Give it a rest.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#18 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(stormtiger @ February 20, 2007 - 10:02AM) View Post

If I were Holland, He would already be gone for a case of Molson and a late round pick, then bring up Bootland. At least Boots fights.

Thank god you're not Holland then.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#19 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:41 PM

I don't think Kopecky is exactly more offensively talented than Williams, but I would take Kopecky over Williams in the lineup everyday.

EDIT: Always mentioniong his 1pt season doesnt mean squat, either. Wow - his first 26 games in the NHL on the 4th line and he only has one goal! Hudler & Filppula only had 4pts in their first 26 games, too. Kopecky was one of our biggest hitters on the team. He was nearly leading us in hits before he went down with the lowest TOI.

Edited by arin, 20 February 2007 - 02:46 PM.

#20 Cicada

Cicada

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:48 PM

Williams has a monster of a shot..

i just wish he'd get it on target every once in a while..

atm i'd prefer Hudler on the 2nd line, and bring up Ellis
IPB Image