• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lou_Siffer

Lets keep things in perspective people

Rate this topic

Alright this is getting so irritating that its driven me to start a rare thread. This Jason Williams talk is going completely overboard...its like the LGW plague. Over the course of just today ive seen it mentioned that people think Mr 1pt Kopecky is better than him, and now the ultimate slap in the face...2 AHL shmucks in Hussey and Ellis. Now the hot talk is waiving him! This is ridiculous, i am not a Jason Williams supporter and obviously want him traded but be serious about it. He is not THAT bad.

Alright this is getting so irritating that its driven me to start a rare thread. This Jason Williams talk is going completely overboard...its like the LGW plague. Over the course of just today ive seen it mentioned that people think Mr 1pt Kopecky is better than him, and now the ultimate slap in the face...2 AHL shmucks in Hussey and Ellis. Now the hot talk is waiving him! This is ridiculous, i am not a Jason Williams supporter and obviously want him traded but be serious about it. He is not THAT bad.

He doesn't deserve what he's getting paid to do. Jason showed he had promise and even looked like he could develop some speed to his game. Now he just looks plain lazy out there, and the number of of turnovers I've seen him make (especially lately) piss me off.

I don't know who has said Kopecky is BETTER, but Williams deserves to be traded.

yes jason williams is that bad. I would rather have Lilja like I said. Williams isn't strong, has no d, and has no shot. One good quarter of a season and we are supposed to just keep justifying him playing like s***. He really wasn't even that impressive when he was on his streak.

Kopecky at least showed some heart and balls out there, plus I dont think they brought him up for his goal scoring ability either, at least I hope not.

Edited by ben_usmc

Agreed. He's played terrible, but he's certainly not useless. He's young and has shown some flashes of offensive talent. He could probably fetch a draft pick, maybe another roleplayer.

I really feel like he wouldn't fetch anything beyond a 6th rounder. He's pretty worthless, brings almost nothing to the ice, and now has concussion issues to boot. Like I said elsewhere, any deal involving him will pretty much be with the knowledge that we're just trying to get rid of the guy, and he's not part of the return at all.

I really feel like he wouldn't fetch anything beyond a 6th rounder. He's pretty worthless, brings almost nothing to the ice, and now has concussion issues to boot. Like I said elsewhere, any deal involving him will pretty much be with the knowledge that we're just trying to get rid of the guy, and he's not part of the return at all.

All great points :thumbup:

I don't particularly like Jason Williams, and I wouldn't mind seeing him get traded at all. But I'm with you Lou, Willy is simply not as bad as people say he is. I feel he's underperformed this season when he was expected to help replace Shanny, but honestly, you'd think he was capable of absolutely nothing the way he's talked about around here.

And furthermore, can we drop the whole empty-net thing? I mean come on, it didn't come back to bite us, and he wound up scoring later on the play any way.

After all, wasn't it last season that you all wanted Dan Cleary's head on a stick?

Uh, well, no. It's OK to be a grinder and a PKer and Dano was (and is) excellent at that in '06.

Grinding and PKing are just two more things that Cleary contributes to the team that Willy doesn't, and that's before we take into account scoring.

Guest nutz2u

My problem with Williams is that b4 signing his 1.6M per year deal he played harder,went to the corners, layed on some hits and since the signing he thinks that part of the game is someone elces job. :angry:

I'm with Lou. Williams is fast approaching Lilja status and that's not deserved. It's getting ridiculous - almost totally irrational.

One good quarter of a season and we are supposed to just keep justifying him playing like s***.

Bulls***. Williams had 58 points last season and has been good enough to see time with the Wings since 2001. More like, one bad half season and all of a sudden he's garbage. Give it a rest.

I don't think Kopecky is exactly more offensively talented than Williams, but I would take Kopecky over Williams in the lineup everyday.

EDIT: Always mentioniong his 1pt season doesnt mean squat, either. Wow - his first 26 games in the NHL on the 4th line and he only has one goal! Hudler & Filppula only had 4pts in their first 26 games, too. Kopecky was one of our biggest hitters on the team. He was nearly leading us in hits before he went down with the lowest TOI.

Edited by arin

Since there is no way in hell we are going to trade him, unless it's for a bag of pucks, why not waive him? I'm not saying give the AHL'ers his spot, but god damn, he is so worthless there's nothing else we can do with him. Tell me why he doesn't deserve to be waived. His 58 points last year? Yeah, and he hasn't done s*** this year. So in my book, waiving him is the only thing we can do.

Williams had a good season last year, but he's mostly been a disappointment since his career began 7 years ago. Maybe he needs a change of scenery, I don't know. But he's terrible right now. He may not be the worst forward in the NHL, but he's in the discussion. The guy couldn't shoot a puck into the ocean standing on a pier. He has zero confidence, makes terrible decisions and finds a new way to turn the puck over almost every time he touches it. We hoped last season was finally his breakout, but it's starting to look like it was an outlier, and now he's regressing to the norm. For anything slightly north of a ham sandwich, the Wings should pull the trigger on a deal.

i can't wait to see him gone. it hurts to watch this guy and YES, i do think most of our rookies are better

plus i'm still pretty pissed about his penalty last year that pretty much cost us the first round of the playoffs.. :flamingmad:

Edited by shanahanman