• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

Predators reclaim top spot in the West

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196865&hubname=nhl

"leapfrogged idle Detroit into first place in the Central Division and the Western Conference by beating the Phoenix Coyotes 4-1 Monday night"

so we know who tsn likes....i mean where was our artical when we "leapfrogged" LOSING nashville? I really hate articals that start off like that. I mean come on..make a comment after saturday because we are gonna be leapfroggin back and forth all week untill saturday when we play them...They make it sound like they went from last to first in 1 game. hahaha I dont know i guess its just because i hate nashville so much that it bothers me :)

Let me know if im over reacting :) ill calm down :blush:

edit: we also dropped in the power rankings on tsn from 5 to 6...go figure

Edited by Lint123

"leapfrogged idle Detroit into first place in the Central Division and the Western Conference by beating the Phoenix Coyotes 4-1 Monday night"

so we know who tsn likes....i mean where was our artical when we "leapfrogged" LOSING nashville? I really hate articals that start off like that. I mean come on..make a comment after saturday because we are gonna be leapfroggin back and forth all week untill saturday when we play them...They make it sound like they went from last to first in 1 game. hahaha I dont know i guess its just because i hate nashville so much that it bothers me :)

You're overreacting. Who cares about the power rankings? It seems like the teams that are underestimated are the ones that have been advancing in the playoffs anyway. I don't know why you're upset over the use of "leapfrogging". I've heard them use that before, usually when the other team is idle. Kind of like playing leapfrog, one person has to sit still :P That wasn't a special article for the Preds, it was the game recap.

Edited by hockeyfanatic

You're overreacting. Who cares about the power rankings? It seems like the teams that are underestimated are the ones that have been advancing in the playoffs anyway. I don't know why you're upset over the use of "leapfrogging". I've heard them use that before, usually when the other team is idle. Kind of like playing leapfrog, one person has to sit still :P That wasn't a special article for the Preds, it was the game recap.

well i know its mostly hate towards nashville but it just seems like a waste of an artical when we know that they will be going back and forth the rest of the year. hate hate hate=)

well i know its mostly hate towards nashville but it just seems like a waste of an artical when we know that they will be going back and forth the rest of the year. hate hate hate=)

Hate's an awfully strong word dontcha think? :lol:

Just kidding, Die Nashville, DIE!!! :sly:

You're definitely overreacting. Simmer down.

I think the back and forth grind with Nashville will either get us mentally ready for the playoffs or wear us down to the point that we're useless starting round 1

Edited by ultrapail

FECES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

Seriously, this is nothing that I'm losing sleep over. It'd be nice to claim the top spot for the playoffs, I don't care of the Wings track record in recent playoffs because of it, it should be a goal (not the ultimate though obviously) to better position themselves in the playoffs. I don't see the Wings going any worse than 4th, and with the way some of the middle-of-the-pack teams are struggling right now, I'm not just flipping out in fear of playing one team over the other. I'm not trying to say to take the competition lightly, not at all, but you see what I mean...

I say we let Nashville have the division. I'd rather go in rested and against SJ or Dallas, than go in beat up against some team that has scrapped, clawed and been red hot for the last month of the season. If Nashville bombs, sure I'd take it. Otherwise, I think we should be content with 4-5.

I say we let Nashville have the division. I'd rather go in rested and against SJ or Dallas, than go in beat up against some team that has scrapped, clawed and been red hot for the last month of the season. If Nashville bombs, sure I'd take it. Otherwise, I think we should be content with 4-5.

well from past playoffs im all for not coming in first if it gets us ready.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that would like to see some new blood on top, so there could be a little of that in the article, but I didn't really see anything crazy here.

Like a lot of you, I'm happy that we have a challenge to keep us occupied and playing sharp. I really don't even care if we win the division.

Is this thread really necessary? We're all aware of such. Who the hell cares? We have a game in hand. Beating Chicago puts us back in first. Will a thread be started for everytime the Conference or Division lead is switched? Because if thats the case we're going to have a good 20 new threads about this from now until the end of the season.

Is this thread really necessary? We're all aware of such. Who the hell cares? We have a game in hand. Beating Chicago puts us back in first. Will a thread be started for everytime the Conference or Division lead is switched? Because if thats the case we're going to have a good 20 new threads about this from now until the end of the season.

is your post really mecessary? i have see alot more threads that have been worse then mine.

Edited by Lint123

I think the back and forth grind with Nashville will either get us mentally ready for the playoffs or wear us down to the point that we're useless starting round 1

we will be mentally ready, the last few years we wrapped everything up early and took a 2 week break and it bit us in the ass, this push to the end will have us playing playoff hockey 2 weeks before the playoffs start. We are not as old as we used to be with us losing stevie and shanny and gaining flipper and rex. we will be rip roaring ready to go come playoff time.

I actually think this is a GREAT thing, hmmm go figure a Wings team that won't have Number one locked up with three weeks to go. Meaningful March games = playoff readiness! Bring it On Nashville !!!!!! :sly:

I agree with you 100% And it doesn't hurt playing against you 5 more times this year. This will have both teams ready going into playoffs and I think it is a better thing to fight your way in, trying to win the division, instead of resting and losing your focus. We as hockey fans know, that your focus, continuity and effort are what makes a winning team. And of course a hot goal tender lol.

Anyways, you guys don't like us and we not you. Been your whipping boys most of our existence, If we are to go deep in the playoffs, I definately want to earn it through the winged wheel.

Here is too a tough fight for the division, and maybe we can meet in the conf. finals, if a 6-7 seed can win a round.

Either way, there are four great teams to watch in the west this year come playoff time, should make for some historic series on paper.

Can anyone else see Craig Leipold bragging about this? "We have a much lower payroll than Detroit, but we are in first place." Come playoff time, "Detroit has a much higher payroll than us, of course we lost the West. Not that Detroit is better than us. Now if you excuse me, I have to go complain to Bettman some more."

Guest Tunbo Batman

heh, again we see this double standard everywhere. when detroit wins 9 in a row or is 13 points ahead in any race, no one reacts BECAUSE ITS THE NORM.

when a piss-pant newcomer comes up and takes first place for 18 hours because they have 2 more games played than everyone else, articles galore.

last year Detroit was like 7 billion points ahead of everybody, yet you could hardly find ONE flattering article. it was nothing but "weak central" everywhere. but NSH? oh man, they are so greatly superior, lets cream our pants.

and you know what? i LIKE those double standards. it means that detroit is so good, they deserve their own evaluation process. when people stop reacting to us not being on top, it will be a sad day.

Am I the only one who finds it amusing that the same people who complain about something like this, are the same people who say that there is no rivalry between the two teams?

With 5 games to play before the playoffs, and you guys having Forsberg in the fold now, I think there is HUGE potential for this rivalry to fire up BIGTIME! To which, I respectfully tell you that I hate Hartnell's GUTS! :P