SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(puckloo39 @ February 20, 2007 - 07:19PM) View Post

I am shocked.
Not.

Yeah, he's mentioned in 499 out of 500 articles, but not this 500th. Heaven forbid, especially when it's just a 4-sentence paragraph. rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I'm holding out hope (like last season laugh.gif) that Datsyuk will produce in the postseason, since Buccigross mentioned him. I actually think Holland will do something big as well before the deadline, as compared to last season. Here's hoping for Tkachuk (if the Blues decide to become sellers).

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 20 February 2007 - 09:05 PM.

#22 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,473 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(SouthernWingsFan @ February 20, 2007 - 08:00PM) View Post

Yeah, he's mentioned in 499 out of 500 articles, but not this 500th. Heaven forbid, especially when it's just a 4-sentence paragraph. rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif yourself. How do you even know what I meant?

I can't have an opinion? Guess not. dry.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#23 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(puckloo39 @ February 20, 2007 - 08:07PM) View Post

rolleyes.gif yourself. How do you even know what I meant?

I can't have an opinion? Guess not. dry.gif

Who said anything about not having an opinion? huh.gif

#24 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:10 PM

Play nice kids....or no Chuck E. Cheese Saturday!

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#25 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ February 20, 2007 - 08:10PM) View Post

Play nice kids....or no Chuck E. Cheese Saturday!

Damn, I was looking forward to being a kid this weekend!!! biggrin.gif

#26 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(SouthernWingsFan @ February 20, 2007 - 06:12PM) View Post

Damn, I was looking forward to being a kid this weekend!!! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif .. Well i got my fingers crossed like im sure everyone else is about Dats scoring in the playoffs
IPB Image

#27 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:16 AM

I'm not worried about Dats not scoing in the P/O this year as if they stick to our current 1st line he'll be ok. Its our 2nd line that worries me at present, and not just for their current slump. In terms of playoff's if we put Sammy in the equasion as well the 4 of them have played a total of 111 games scoring 18 goals and 44 points in all. The concern is that Langer has 37 of these points himself. The other 3 have a combined
to play 42 games for just 7 points, kinda worries one doesn't it!
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#28 Mudvayneowns91

Mudvayneowns91

Colorado Wings guy

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE(Andy Pred 48 @ February 21, 2007 - 01:16AM) View Post

I'm not worried about Dats not scoing in the P/O this year as if they stick to our current 1st line he'll be ok. Its our 2nd line that worries me at present, and not just for their current slump. In terms of playoff's if we put Sammy in the equasion as well the 4 of them have played a total of 111 games scoring 18 goals and 44 points in all. The concern is that Langer has 37 of these points himself. The other 3 have a combined
to play 42 games for just 7 points, kinda worries one doesn't it!

The Wings will add a guy like Guerin and all that will most likely change our 2nd line
Surfside 6! Who lives there? Surfside 6! Young bachelors? In Miami Beach.

#29 Mudvayneowns91

Mudvayneowns91

Colorado Wings guy

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE(ForsbergisaFairy @ February 21, 2007 - 01:43AM) View Post

..............wow. huffin glue there bud?
oh c'mon you know he's right. hasek gets credit only when it would make the writer or analyst look bad if he/she didn't give it. open your eyes.

This year he has a 2.05 gaa and he has 6 shutouts already. His two previous years with us in 01-02 and 03/04 he averaged 2.17 and 2.20 gaa and had 7 shutouts total. Obviously he is having a better year this year for the Wings statistically than he has in the past. I will admit in the playoffs he was outstanding 2002. I just don't see why you think that was so farfetched

Edited by Mudvayneowns91, 21 February 2007 - 04:07 AM.

#30 Mudvayneowns91

Mudvayneowns91

Colorado Wings guy

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE(ForsbergisaFairy @ February 21, 2007 - 02:11AM) View Post

dude arguably should've won the conn smythe that year. he's playing great now but without him in 2002 there's reason to believe we go home without a cup.

He was amazing in the playoffs, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying I'm shocked he's having a better regular season in 07 than he has had for us in the past and that in the regular season in the past, he did seem shakey at times. Let us not forget in 2002 we had one heck of a team in general. Hull, Luc, Shanny, Feds etc...

#31 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE(ForsbergisaFairy @ February 21, 2007 - 03:11AM) View Post

dude arguably should've won the conn smythe that year. he's playing great now but without him in 2002 there's reason to believe we go home without a cup.

Not ahead of Nick, Stevie, or Sergei.

Posted Image

#32 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE(ForsbergisaFairy @ February 21, 2007 - 02:43AM) View Post

oh c'mon you know he's right. hasek gets credit only when it would make the writer or analyst look bad if he/she didn't give it. open your eyes.

Yeah, 5am, wee hours in the morning eating breakfast getting ready for work, I'm so tired! Maybe I should chug some more coffee to wake me up...

I think it is you who needs to realize that it is not a travesty if he isn't mentioned or given credit everytime, everywhere. That doesn't take away from the fact that he's a great goalie.

#33 TheLegend19

TheLegend19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE(YoungGuns1340 @ February 20, 2007 - 08:07PM) View Post

This isnt nothing we dont know. But nobody can deny that goaltending has been as good as it has been since...well 2002, and the defense could be the best since then as well, in terms of its chemistry and balance between stay at homers and offensive guys.

Of course the front needs some work, but a top 5 of Hank, Dats, Homer, Lang and Bert, Guerin, or Tkachuk does wonders when you consider the guy being replace will likely be Williams and/or Hudler.

Hank - Dats - Homer
Sammy - Lang - Guerin/Tkachuk/Bert
Hudler - Draper - Lapointe/Mayers
Cleary - Franzen - Maltby

That doesnt look so bad when you consider the defense and goaltending package that goes along with it.

Ive got a 5 buck bet that says if Detroit gets Lapointe, it will be Willy heading to Chicago.

Guerin!! I saw him play Columbus last night and he looked real good.

I would do anything to get Lapointe back. Then maybe we'd have protection for Datsyuk.

QUOTE(ForsbergisaFairy @ February 21, 2007 - 04:11AM) View Post

2 million reasons.

($2 million bonus)
stevienewjo4.gif

#34 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE(Bucci)

Watch how they stop and go on a dime. Watch how Dion Phaneuf skates backwards. Watch how Chris Drury takes a faceoff. Watch Henrik Zetterberg do everything.

clap.gif

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25, 21 February 2007 - 09:10 AM.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#35 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,473 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:20 AM

If Dom makes it through to the playoffs and continues the way he's playing, he should be a top contender for the Masterson, if not the Vezina (too political, he won't win). The fact that Dom's been injured in the past isn't unique. A lot of players get injured and can't continue -- they just don't become the center of controversy because of it. Being out injured seems to be somehow blameworthy, when it comes to Hasek. He's Hasek, and he's always been a lightening rod for the media.

I find it interesting, therefore, that the media are ignoring the proverbial 800 pound gorilla this season. Bucci and a few others were high on Dom in the past, and have made predictions that turned out bad, so it appears they won't make that mistake again this season. That way, they can't be wrong in print. I heard Darren Pang say, after Dom was injured in Ottawa, that he would not make the mistake of "trusting" Hasek to stay healthy all season. As if it's a matter of integrity or personal worth that Hasek was not able to get back and play? Why wouldn't he play and win and make millions in bonuses, if he were physically capable of doing it?

When Dom isn't mentioned or noticed when he's the NHL player of the month (December), breaking records for wins by a goalie over 40, or when his other contributions go unnoticed or are dismissed and/or diminished (he's number 1 in the NHL again in GAA), it makes sense to me. Sometimes, I think it's a way of reverse-jinxing the possibility that Hasek could get hurt and "let everyone down" again.

PS - We all have to make up our own minds which players are valuable and which aren't. This is just my opinion... no need to try and contradict or chastise me for thinking what I think... OK? smile.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#36 Turretin

Turretin

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:03 AM

Game 6 of the WCF. No Dom = No SCF. That is undisputable.
"Those 'technicalities' have a name, Bobby. They're called the Bill of Rights."
-Hank Hill

#37 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:09 PM

I agree as well. Bucci's right..Wings aren't a championship team...YET. Give it a couple days and all could be totally changed. wink.gif
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#38 Mudvayneowns91

Mudvayneowns91

Colorado Wings guy

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ February 21, 2007 - 10:09AM) View Post

I agree as well. Bucci's right..Wings aren't a championship team...YET. Give it a couple days and all could be totally changed. wink.gif

We have about as good as shot as anybody, dont you think? We're a handful of points away from the best record in the league and it's not like we haven't had a fair share of rotten luck with some injuries. If we're not, who is? The Preds? Buffalo? I think we have the talent to take them down.

#39 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:48 PM

I'm having a hard time buying this Conspiracy To Discredit Hasek (Or Whatever) based on all this non-evidence...

I mean, let's get real here people, the article mentions ONE PLAYER, who is clearly our best at this juncture, and that is Hank. Lidstrom, Cleary, Dom, Homer, Pavel, etc. have all been great but it mentions ONE GUY and that it happens to not be Hasek is no slight against him or any of the others.

Everyone knows he's the Dominator and he gets all the credit he deserves for being a bazillion time everything-winner and Stanley Cup winning legendary goaltender. Speaking of which...

Vezina (too political, he won't win)

Let's get real here, too. He's won these awards a gazillion times; it really ought to put to rest any "political" whatsits. If he doesn't win it this year (he won't) it'll be because Martin Brodeur or maybe Roberto Luongo was the better goalie.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown, 21 February 2007 - 06:50 PM.

"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#40 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(Mudvayneowns91 @ February 21, 2007 - 02:14PM) View Post

We have about as good as shot as anybody, dont you think? We're a handful of points away from the best record in the league and it's not like we haven't had a fair share of rotten luck with some injuries. If we're not, who is? The Preds? Buffalo? I think we have the talent to take them down.

We've had the best record in the league for a few previous years - see how far that's gotten us in the playoffs...