49 replies to this topic

#41 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,876 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(ForsbergisaFairy @ February 21, 2007 - 04:38PM) View Post

anyone who has followed hasek thorughout his career knows he's been discredited and to be frank, s*** on whenever someone gets a somewhat credible chance.

I love statements like this one, because they have built into them the logic that if you disagree with the statement, it therefore must follow that you are not anyone who has followed hasek throughout his career.

so simple. such an elegant pre-emptive strike on any dissent. genius.

I think Hasek is a great goalie and generally gets plenty of credit and praise for his abilities and performance.

I guess I must not have followed him throughout his career then.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 21 February 2007 - 07:45 PM.

#42 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:00 PM

To add a bit further to Heroes of Hockeytown's last post...

15 teams.

1 or 2 paragraphs a team that probably consist no more of 5/6 sentences.

There’s only so much you can write about or people to talk about before pissing off your targeted audience when they figured out they are reading a 20-page essay instead of a 1-2 page synopsis.

Bucci doesn’t even mention guys like Niedermeyer or Pronger from Anaheim, Iginla or Phaneuf from Calgary, Modano from Dallas, Nash from Columbus, or Lidstrom from our favorite team. These are guys I’d definitely consider high impact players as well.

Some of you are making too much of a big deal is being made of this IMO when other big guys like the ones I mentioned above aren’t mentioned as well positively or negatively. There’s not really any spilled milk to make a fuss over with.

Maybe Buccicross and other media outlets just don’t care as much about mentioning Hasek one way or the other, positively/negatively, especially when there are no groundbreaking events that might have just happened about him or anybody else. There’s nothing wrong or slighting about that. Sometimes no news is good news.

QUOTE(ForsbergisaFairy @ February 21, 2007 - 06:38PM) View Post

anyone who has followed hasek thorughout his career knows he's been discredited and to be frank, s*** on whenever someone gets a somewhat credible chance.

Yeah, those 6 Vezinas he won are nothing then. He clearly had noting to do with winning them. Discredit all around. rolleyes.gif

Give me a break...

#43 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:15 PM

I think an interesting question here is: How do you guys think the Red Wings will react going into the playoffs not as the favorite? Do you think there is less pressure? Will that help them or maybe harm them? The expectations don't seem to be as high, from what Buccigross is saying.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#44 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:33 PM

Buccigross is good. His analysis is usually spot on. I think it is in this case, obviously, since I say the same thing all the time.

Speaking of Zetterberg and Datsyuk, one of my pet peeves is when people lump Zetterberg into the "has to prove he can score in the playoffs" pile with Datsyuk. Zetterberg doesn't have to prove any such thing. He potted 6 goals in 6 playoff games last season. For some reason, people aren't doing their research and Hank gets stuck with a label he doesn't deserve.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#45 Tunbo Batman

Tunbo Batman

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:31 PM

lol, ive even seen hank labeled with "guys who have won a stanley cup as a rookie and thus are not hungry in the playoffs" ...how ignorant do you have to be? biggrin.gif

#46 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:30 AM

I'm starting to think Lapointe might be worth the price.

#47 KevinD

KevinD

vapour trail

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE(norrisnick @ February 20, 2007 - 08:10PM) View Post

I hate you harold.....

have you disappeared because you became a mod?

k.
IPB Image

i'm gonna be a member of DOKAPASAPA, just you wait and see. or maybe DOPASAPA.

#48 stevie for president

stevie for president

Red Blings

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:54 AM

Definately Nashville and Anaheim are better teams than Detroit, but do you guys think that San Jose and Calgary have a better shot at the cup than Detroit does? and Dallas is 11th? or are these what he guessed before the season started?

#49 KevinD

KevinD

vapour trail

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE(stevie for president @ February 22, 2007 - 12:54AM) View Post

Definately Nashville and Anaheim are better teams than Detroit, but do you guys think that San Jose and Calgary have a better shot at the cup than Detroit does? and Dallas is 11th? or are these what he guessed before the season started?

before the season.
IPB Image

i'm gonna be a member of DOKAPASAPA, just you wait and see. or maybe DOPASAPA.

#50 Mudvayneowns91

Mudvayneowns91

Colorado Wings guy

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(arin @ February 21, 2007 - 05:03PM) View Post

We've had the best record in the league for a few previous years - see how far that's gotten us in the playoffs...

I know what you mean, but Idk.... Having the best record in the NHL is what every team aims for before the playoffs begin. Winning the Presidents Trophy is an honor. but it doesn't guarantee a cup.

QUOTE(stevie for president @ February 21, 2007 - 10:54PM) View Post

How do you figure? The Wings are higher in the standings than both teams.... I know it doesn't mean we're necessarily better, but..... How can you justify "definitely"

Edited by Mudvayneowns91, 22 February 2007 - 02:16 AM.

Surfside 6! Who lives there? Surfside 6! Young bachelors? In Miami Beach.