• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Enforcer

Esposito on the XM: Wings looking at Tkachuk

Rate this topic

Espo said today on his show that the Wings are looking at Tkachuck, and that he would be a better fit with the team.

Thoughts? I thought Guerin was a better fit...we won't get both, probably lucky to get either.

Guest Agalloch

How is Tkachuk a better fit? Guerin is a goal scoring winger, is gritty, and is fast. Oh, that's just what we need for Lang!

Tkachuk is fat, slow, and is a dropoff in goal scoring from Guerin. ... How does this fit our needs again?

Tkachuk, while not being the better scorer of the two, is bigger and more "mean" which is something that we need to protect our littler guys down the stretch and in the playoffs, id say thats prolly why Esposito sees Tkachuk as a better fit. I think id personally like to see chuk more than guerin here, just because he can score and isnt afraid to drop the gloves.

Ughh no offence Keith is a good player, but why give up young guys and picks for a older, slower,Thacuk. At this point the only players that I want to see in a Wings uni is Guerin or Bertuzzi both are exactly what we need. I dont know, not really fond of Keith. Well just have to wait and see.

GO WINGS

Tkachuk is a playoff no-show. We don't need anymore forwards that are going to stop their production come April. I think Guerin is the only blue that has a chance of ending up here, and I'm not so sure about that (though I hope Kenny can make it happen)

Pass.

Seriously, if Guerin is avalible at the same time, why in the world would the Wings take fat ass Tkachuk over Guerin? The cost of feeding Tkachuk alone would be too much for the Wings to handle. Unless St. Louis moves Guerin, and Tkachuk is our last and final option, than I suppose we might as well take him. But other than that, I say no to Tkachuk.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Tkachuk is a playoff no-show. We don't need anymore forwards that are going to stop their production come April. I think Guerin is the only blue that has a chance of ending up here, and I'm not so sure about that (though I hope Kenny can make it happen)

not sure where you're getting your stats, but 53 points in 81 playoff games certainly doesn't qualify as a playoff "no-show". in the 2001 and 2002 playoffs he actually averaged a point per game. 2002 in particular he had 10 points in 10 games, including 5 goals. Granted he is an overall minus, but his plus/minus increased when he came to st. louis. Do your homework buddy.

Ughh no offence Keith is a good player, but why give up young guys and picks for a older, slower,Thacuk. At this point the only players that I want to see in a Wings uni is Guerin or Bertuzzi both are exactly what we need. I dont know, not really fond of Keith. Well just have to wait and see.

GO WINGS

Tkachuk is younger than Guerin btw, sometimes a change of scenery can do amazing things for your confidence and drive.

Its kind of sad that these two seem to be our front runners, and neither of them have done SQUAT in the playoffs.

Just throwing that out there.

Ummm...Guerin has a Cup. And he has had some good postseasons. Not every time around, but he had 4 goals in 5 games last year after a bad regular season. On top of that, in his prime he was playing with the Oilers, who were a fringe playoff team for years.

Tkachuk really hasn't been terrible. 53 in 81 aren't awful postseason numbers. And he is a rough winger, which is really what we need. He creates room, plays angry, and will stick up for the guys. He still has his hands too. The Wings aren't a speed team, we're a possession team, and I think that will benefit Keith a lot if he comes here. He won't have to chase all of the time, and he'll have teammates that can get him the puck in scoring areas. Remember, he scored 50 on a few occasions, and he still gets 30 regularly when healthy. He'd be a good pickup.

I find it really funny that when people dislike a player and can't think of a plausible reason why, they go right to an incdient that happened over a year ago and blow it out of proportion. I actually think I remember them saying that Tkachuk came into camp this season and was under the weight he was at before the lockout, or at least in better shape.

The reason why we would look at Tkachuk, is because he would more than likely cost us less on the trade and would do the things we need right now. He is feisty, gritty, and can score. He is one of the best American born forwards to play the game. That's a good enough reason for us to take him as at least a rental, and if he performs, I would like to resign him. He is 34 years old, Guerin is 36 or 37.

At this point, Bertuzzi is the youngest guy we could get that can do what we need for this team, but obviously with his injury we are skeptical and looking at St Louis more seriously as an option.

Ummm...Guerin has a Cup. And he has had some good postseasons. Not every time around, but he had 4 goals in 5 games last year after a bad regular season. On top of that, in his prime he was playing with the Oilers, who were a fringe playoff team for years.

Tkachuk really hasn't been terrible. 53 in 81 aren't awful postseason numbers. And he is a rough winger, which is really what we need. He creates room, plays angry, and will stick up for the guys. He still has his hands too. The Wings aren't a speed team, we're a possession team, and I think that will benefit Keith a lot if he comes here. He won't have to chase all of the time, and he'll have teammates that can get him the puck in scoring areas. Remember, he scored 50 on a few occasions, and he still gets 30 regularly when healthy. He'd be a good pickup.

It is also important to note that Tkachuk would most likely play on our second line with Lang and Cleary.... Cleary has all the speed to chase the puck down low, getting the passes out to Tkachuk or Langer.

I find it really funny that when people dislike a player and can't think of a plausible reason why, they go right to an incdient that happened over a year ago and blow it out of proportion. I actually think I remember them saying that Tkachuk came into camp this season and was under the weight he was at before the lockout, or at least in better shape.

All right, you got me. :P

I don't know his exact weight now, but he still looks pretty fat out there. Especially his face.

I would take Guerin over Tkachuk of course, but Tkachuk would be by no means a bad addition.

He scores, plays hard down low, and has some nice hands. Sure he takes some ill-timed penalties, but every team has those guys. 9 times out of 10, if you want a guy who is an ******* and plays with a chip on his shoulder game in and game out, youre going to get more than a few penalties to go along with that.

I would be so stoked if the Wings could work out a deal to trade for Tkachuk AND Mayers... I think this would be perfect for our team and help us out a great deal. Mayers would play great with Franzen, Maltby, Draper, Samuelsson... This would be the trade I would hope could happen soon. I like Guerin too, but I think Tkachuk is more of what we are looking for, he has more of an edge than Guerin, in my opinion. Guerin may score more goals, but I think Tkachuk could be a 30 goal scorer consistently playing a puck possession style and being on the powerplay with guys like Zata and Datsyuk feeding him the puck...

Pass.

Seriously, if Guerin is avalible at the same time, why in the world would the Wings take fat ass Tkachuk over Guerin? The cost of feeding Tkachuk alone would be too much for the Wings to handle. Unless St. Louis moves Guerin, and Tkachuk is our last and final option, than I suppose we might as well take him. But other than that, I say no to Tkachuk.

Probably because Tkachuk will come cheaper than Guerin.

So do Gilbert Dionne, Pavel Datsyuk, and Tomas Sandstrom. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who considers those guys playoff performers.

Are you serious? He only played six seasons in his NHL career, and only two were full seasons. He was an ok player, but did play long enough or was a dominant enough regular season player to warrant him as an example of a non-playoff performer. And even though he was Marcel's brother, that doesn't make a difference.

I also disagree with saying that Sandstrom was bad in the playoffs. In 1992-1993 when he was with the LA Kings he had 25 playoff points in 24 games. Just because he really didn't much when he was with the Wings in the playoffs doesn't make him a bust in general. Datsyuk is the only example of a truly bad playoff performer.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Pass.

K-P Wings that was hilarious assumption. :D . And yes if Keith is the cheapest option than yes I say grab him, but I think as days go, the price of players will go down, as reports say. Its just hard to say who were gonna get, what were gonna end up giving for these players. I just cant wait anymore. Just bring on the toughness as some would like to say.

Tkachunky is a worthless piece of trash, and he has no place on this team. He'll make the team WORSE just by being present. :crazy: I wouldn't take him even if it WAS the last option.

why would he make this team worse? is it because his game has at least two major aspects that the collective red wings' game is lacking? his grit and size are very worth acquiring.

Tkachunky is a worthless piece of trash, and he has no place on this team. He'll make the team WORSE just by being present. :crazy: I wouldn't take him even if it WAS the last option.

It's funny how certain people who dislike a person or idea, formulate their opinions in a disrespectful - over the top way - trying to be as negative as they can to prove their point without showing any factual evidence to back up their accusations. :hehe:

As I said before, said people, bring up old issues from over a year ago. Google the whole Tkachuk overweight issue.... I did and I found an article where it had pretty much most of the Blues players sticking up for Tkachuk and saying that he may have weighed more, but that they believe he was stronger than he was before and that the organization was way too hard on him and should have let him play. That sure sounds like the media took the whole situation and blew it out of proportion, as well as the Blues organization.

I'd take Tkachuk in a heartbeat, he is what this team needs. :clap: