• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#21 Feldmarschall

Feldmarschall

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:20 PM

Khabibulin and Lalime both give up four goals on a combined total of 22 shots. After the second intermission, Marty Lapointe appears in Bulin's equipment and camps out in the net, stopping all seventeen shots in the third period. Shortly after the game, he's traded to Detroit with Jim Vandermeer for Williams and Lilja, causing LGW fans to launch into wild celebration as Marty takes over MacDonald's spot as the #3 goaltender.

#22 CelticWing34

CelticWing34

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:22 PM

Wings 3 (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Cleary)

Blackhawks 1 (Lapointe)
B! E! L! L! I! S! S! I! M! O! What does that spell? Bellissimo! And what does it mean? Sooo beautiful!

user posted image

#23 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:44 PM

Red Wings Make Trade

DETROIT (AP) - The Red Wings finally got the ball rolling on the 2007 trade deadline this Wednesday when they dealt a first round draft choice, prospect Jakub Kindl and defenseman Andreas Lilja to Detroit for Robert Lang.

"It's a big move for us," said GM Ken Holland. "We like Robert's size a lot and I think he'll help our team win some games this year."

Lang was surprised he was traded at all, but understands the motivations of his former club.

"I thought I was on a good team before, played with some good guys, but I feel really good coming to the Red Wings and having a chance at the Cup."

Holland says the price was high, but he thinks the payoff will make it worthwhile.

"Sometimes teams are just missing that one little piece that makes them a championship team. We liked Kindl alot, but we couldn't pass up a deal to get Lang from Detroit," Holland said.

Also part of the deal, defenseman Andreas Lilja spoke with confusion.

"What the hell is going on here? They said I was traded, I got on the bus and it just took me for a lap around the Joe. I'm right back where I started. What's happening?!"

"Oh that Andreas," said Holland, "always kidding around. Peace, bro!"

The deal was in the works for some time and Lang has already arrived; he will suit up with the team against the Blackhawks for tonight's game.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#24 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:54 PM

Hahaha- classic.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#25 wingsfan979802

wingsfan979802

cheli fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ February 21, 2007 - 03:44PM) View Post

Red Wings Make Trade

DETROIT (AP) - The Red Wings finally got the ball rolling on the 2007 trade deadline this Wednesday when they dealt a first round draft choice, prospect Jakub Kindl and defenseman Andreas Lilja to Detroit for Robert Lang.

"It's a big move for us," said GM Ken Holland. "We like Robert's size a lot and I think he'll help our team win some games this year."

Lang was surprised he was traded at all, but understands the motivations of his former club.

"I thought I was on a good team before, played with some good guys, but I feel really good coming to the Red Wings and having a chance at the Cup."

Holland says the price was high, but he thinks the payoff will make it worthwhile.

"Sometimes teams are just missing that one little piece that makes them a championship team. We liked Kindl alot, but we couldn't pass up a deal to get Lang from Detroit," Holland said.

"What the hell is going on here? They said I was traded, I got on the bus and it just took me for a lap around the Joe. I'm right back where I started. What's happening?!"

The deal was in the works for some time and Lang has already arrived; he will suit up with the team against the Blackhawks for tonight's game.

are you sure we are looking for a guy like this? i have heard rumors that he is lazy and he sucks. laugh.gif good job hoh.
IPB Image
IPB Image
thanks offsides

#26 Cicada

Cicada

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:03 PM

wing 4 (zetts x2, homer, rex)
hawks 1 (havlat)
IPB Image

#27 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:12 PM

Pavel and Nicky get their milestone goals tonight, hank gets 1 and 3, and danny cleary puts in an extra insurance goal with 3 minutes left to cement the wings 4-0 shutout

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#28 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(brit_1102 @ February 21, 2007 - 03:18PM) View Post

Wings win and Hank keeps on his hot streak!

Have fun HR and HC!

Thanks hun!

Red Wings Make Trade

HAHA that's great!
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#29 BetweenThePipes

BetweenThePipes

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

I might not make most of the game because I'm going skating tonight. I get to break in my new skates!!!

GO WINGS!!!!

Thanks Offsides, You are too kind :)

#30 zata40

zata40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ February 21, 2007 - 01:05PM) View Post

Sorry guys I couldn't wait any longer!!! I'm so excited about tonight's game...mostly because I AM GOING TO BE THERE! If anyone else is going, come say hi. I will be right behind the net during warm-ups (which start at 7pm) and in standing room (behind the bench) during the game. I'll be the girl in the Wings gear tongue.gif (Most likely in a blue puffy vest, green boots, and straight long dark hair smile.gif)

Anyway, GO WINGS! I'm expecting a fantastic performance by Zettzilla, as usual. And I would love to see Pavel get his 100th goal tonight!

Chicago goes home crying...muhaha!

WOW i hope you have fun.
haha you should make a sigh that says 'give us a goal and I'll give you a kiss 40" laugh.gif
haha, and wouldn't that be great if he scored!

Posted Image

#31 Earthhuman

Earthhuman

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:42 PM

HoH, permission to publish your works?

I see this game as a 2-0 victory, thanks to the defense.

I'm seeing... a defenseman... Leb... Le... wait, oh, Lidrom? Lidsrom? I'm seeing a... Lidsrom goal...

Go Zata, keep the dominance up and strengthen your case for... just about every trophy out there.

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ February 21, 2007 - 04:29PM) View Post

Thanks hun!
HAHA that's great!

Love the signature.

#32 puckhog419

puckhog419

M.I.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ February 21, 2007 - 12:44PM) View Post

Red Wings Make Trade

ahahahahaha laugh.gif this is classic

i think 2-0 wings
dats and zett get the goals.
who is in net today?

But you just don't put the third letter of the alphabet over your heart and replace Steve Yzerman!

#33 wingsfan979802

wingsfan979802

cheli fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(puckhog419 @ February 21, 2007 - 05:03PM) View Post

who is in net today?

kabbi, i beleive. if so i'm predicting a high scoreing game to chase him...7-2 will be my pick.
IPB Image
IPB Image
thanks offsides

#34 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(Earthhuman @ February 21, 2007 - 04:42PM) View Post

Love the signature.

Thanks! I try to give my boy some support. wink.gif
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#35 hak

hak

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:10 PM

lol hc3033... nice sig

i miss aflac!! (no offense HR 40) ;D

i predict 5-2 wings.. (zett 2, lids 1, hasek 1, datsuyk 1) i know i know.. hasek will score tonight ppl

#36 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:14 PM

NASN is going to show this one. thumbup.gif
It's also a rare opportunity for me to be online during the game,which is great !

WINGS 4-3 goal.gif
Burke.gif

#37 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:16 PM

Red Wings Make Trade

LMAO!! laugh.gif Where do you come up with these things? They are brillant!

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010, 21 February 2007 - 06:16 PM.

Go Blue!!!

#38 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:21 PM

Lang and Danny show off for the chicago fans ( Cleary x3 , Lang gets 2)

#NOMOREKINDL

#39 wingsfan979802

wingsfan979802

cheli fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:02 PM

nevermind i have an idea. i will add everything in the gdt that is a sidenote conversation.

lapointe says he will stay in chicago
IPB Image
IPB Image
thanks offsides

#40 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:06 PM

clap.gif malts... my thoughts exactly. jockeying for position going into the playoffs will give them the edge instead of going in stale having wrapped up everything.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton