• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HenrikRules40

2/21 GDT: vs. Chicago Blackhawks, 7:30pm

Rate this topic

Just got back from the game!!! :siren: It was aaaaaaaawesome! Before I read the whole GDT I wanted to post my thoughts:

1. Pre-game: They do a new drill now where someone shoots at Ozzie and then fifteen of them rush in and try to knock it in. It's HILARIOUS! Ozzie was giggling the whole time. They didn't do it to Hasek though.

2. The first was kind of slow. I wasn't shocked when we had less shots on goal at the end of the first. We were being our usual lackluster first half team.

3. Pavel's 100th goal (Congrats Dats! I was so excited to witness it live! Kira I thought of you immediately.) really pumped everyone up! JLA was packed nice today. It was awesome. I'm glad he was in all alone...he had to shoot.

4. Robert Lang is lazy and he sucks. For real. He wasn't hustling at all. Is he injured???

5. WHO PUT WILLIAMS ON THE POINT AGAIN??? askjdf;akdsjf;asf I kicked the wall (we were standing room) when he let the puck out of the zone on a delayed penalty. The guy next to me was like, you're going to give yourself a heart attack. I was flipping.

6. Z's first goal...awesome. But my favorite part is everytime Hank scores the scoreboard shows Zorro writing a "Z" in fire. It's soooo funny...and random...and stupid. Oh, by the way, he got his teeth fixed. He gave me quite a toothy grin during warm-ups :blush: ...probably b/c I wore my new "40" hat...which is so awesome.

7. Zata's empty netter: It's like he was almost embarassed that he had to score that goal. He literally had no one to pass to so he just kinda scored himself. He is such a class act...I loved it.

So did everyone have fun here? I'm gonna go read the whole GDT right now...

Hahaha I LOVE when they do that to Oz.

Too bad we didn't know we were both at the game we could of met up!

I laughed when Hank scored in the empty net..he was all lazy about it like he didn't care and was just all the hell with it I'll just score anyway. hahaha it was cute.

Not sure if this has been pointed out or not, don't exactly feel motivated to saunter through every page of thise thread but...

I can't remember the last time I saw a team record more goals than cummulative assists in a game, or at least not one were as many as four goals were registered. Just a little oddity I found noteworthy to point out.

All around I'm proud of this game. Defintely not an easy victory but it's nice to see our late game play can reliably sink a sub par early effort, and good goal tending to make that possible.

Lidstrom 1 assist, +4 for the night,

He is quietly the steadiest player in the league!!

+42 now on the season, wow!!!

Zetterberg is one of the most gifted, go Z!!

Edited by redwinger4747

Hasek is lazy and he sucks.

Poor ol' Dom, taken for granted by even HR40, I reckon. j/k :hehe:

ACK! I'm such an idiot! Loo...Dom was AMAZING! I got some great shots of him at the warm-up. I will email them to you.

I just finished reading the GDT. You guys are HILARIOUS! I'm so happy you thought of me. And I must say, I had to restrain myself many times. After his first goal I almost flung myself onto the ice.

EDIT: Reem I didn't know you were there!!!! I wish I would have known I would have LOVED to meet you! Next time, ok?

EDIT again: I will now take full credit for Hank's goals. When he wasn't scoring I could sense an unsettled feeling in the GDT...so I hopped over to the locker room and snuck over to the bench and planted a big wet one on his lips...told him if he wanted more to score on ice first...and well...the rest we all know ;)

Edited by HenrikRules40

ACK! I'm such an idiot! Loo...Dom was AMAZING! I got some great shots of him at the warm-up. I will email them to you.

I just finished reading the GDT. You guys are HILARIOUS! I'm so happy you thought of me. And I must say, I had to restrain myself many times. After his first goal I almost flung myself onto the ice.

EDIT: Reem I didn't know you were there!!!! I wish I would have known I would have LOVED to meet you! Next time, ok?

Next time for sure.

Haha I forgot to say that the Z animation on the Wings board was freaking sweet!

Awesome win tonight! Just got home from work to watch the game. Hasek seriously saved our butts! Amazing 100th goal from Dats! And, of course, Hank continues his hot streak!

Anyway, if you go to NHL.com and look at the Season-to-Date 3 Stars Standings, Hank has now passed Daniel Briere for #1 with 200 points!!! :thumbup:

Just got back from the game!!! :siren: It was aaaaaaaawesome! Before I read the whole GDT I wanted to post my thoughts:

1. Pre-game: They do a new drill now where someone shoots at Ozzie and then fifteen of them rush in and try to knock it in. It's HILARIOUS! Ozzie was giggling the whole time. They didn't do it to Hasek though.

2. The first was kind of slow. I wasn't shocked when we had less shots on goal at the end of the first. We were being our usual lackluster first half team.

3. Pavel's 100th goal (Congrats Dats! I was so excited to witness it live! Kira I thought of you immediately.) really pumped everyone up! JLA was packed nice today. It was awesome. I'm glad he was in all alone...he had to shoot.

4. Robert Lang is lazy and he sucks. For real. He wasn't hustling at all. Is he injured???

5. WHO PUT WILLIAMS ON THE POINT AGAIN??? askjdf;akdsjf;asf I kicked the wall (we were standing room) when he let the puck out of the zone on a delayed penalty. The guy next to me was like, you're going to give yourself a heart attack. I was flipping.

6. Z's first goal...awesome. But my favorite part is everytime Hank scores the scoreboard shows Zorro writing a "Z" in fire. It's soooo funny...and random...and stupid. Oh, by the way, he got his teeth fixed. He gave me quite a toothy grin during warm-ups :blush: ...probably b/c I wore my new "40" hat...which is so awesome.

7. Zata's empty netter: It's like he was almost embarassed that he had to score that goal. He literally had no one to pass to so he just kinda scored himself. He is such a class act...I loved it.

So did everyone have fun here? I'm gonna go read the whole GDT right now...

:lol:

You're extremly right though, HR. Watching him play in recent games made me realize just what a lack of effort he shows out there. Granted, he does play with Williams and an extremely overhyped Dan Cleary, but still. If he cared about his point production at all, he'd try a little harder than the way he's been.

I will now take full credit for Hank's goals. When he wasn't scoring I could sense an unsettled feeling in the GDT...so I hopped over to the locker room and snuck over to the bench and planted a big wet one on his lips...told him if he wanted more to score on ice first...and well...the rest we all know

I knew you'd do the right thing, Rabia! Totally called that fine decision on your part to get him moving out there. :lol:

Tonight I learned from somebody that I could have been at the game.. only someone else mentioned that I had a lecture and 'couldn't go' .... as if that would have kept me from skipping a night for a trip down to watch the Wings romp and stomp around. <_< But even though you're a little psychotic when it comes to Detroit to the point that even strangers in standing-room call you out on it, that would've been good to see.

I likely would have stayed a section away, BUT: it would not be out of fear. Only a healthy respect for a fan when she's in the zone.

I almost jumped out of my chair when Pasha scored that short hander...my God was that sweet! I yelled with joy and scared the hell out of my dogs. :lol:

Loo, your boy should be proud...he was amazing tonight. Hasek for the Vezina!

All in all it was a great game...it's gonna be fun watching the DVR again...WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, dear Pasha...ta gra agam ort. Someday I'll tell you what that means. :wub:

Lang sucks. Normally a guy in a slump would try to visibly exert more effort. Lang? Nah.. he still coasts all over the place, despite the fact that he has no production to make up for it. Sorry, Langer--we were willing to forgive your deliberate lack of speed and hitting when you were helping out, but now you're worse than dead weight.

Sometimes I ask myself if Lang is trying to get himself traded.

Shocker stat of the night... although they were buzzing and punching the Wings' nads for an entire period and a half.. both Havlat n Ruutu finished -4.

Also, nhl.com sez Wings outhit the Hawks (only saw the first period myself).

Anyway, Dats breakaway goal (Havlat burnt his chance) and Zetterberg toppling Keith was kickass.

I think Williams is in a funk...longing for that attention that he once enjoyed. He's a little mental I think, spurned. He's a growing cancer. At least Lang has a sense of humor.

Great game though...I do hope the Hawks are better next year, Ilike that rivalry.