• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DaWingsin071

Guerin a Redwing?

Rate this topic

I know we have fourms about this, but thought I would post it. I was reading on ESPN boards and came across this.http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nhl&id=general&tid=547030&lid=0

If this is the case, awesome to hear. Just wonder who were giving up in order to get him, thoughts.

BARRY MELROSE HATES THE RED WINGS !

Here's more proof...

"PetroLES" sends in the following on Bill Guerin: "Barry Melrose reported on a radio show here in New York (WFAN) that the Isles are close to getting Guerin."

that's from the spector site

Maybe I was SNIFFING GLUE. I went a little over board. This is what I think after the glue effect was over. Matt Ellis, Brad Norton for Bill Guerin

Because Ellis Just got called up

I don't see how that suggestion is any better. We get Guerin and Blues get... nothing.

How about this

Jason Williams, Stefan Liv , Matt Ellis, Brad Norton , for Bill Guerin , David Backes , 1st Rounder

Nobody wants and injured AHL defenceman who isnt a strong enough skater in the NHL to play defence so they put him at foward (NORTON)

but I would give up Williams and Ellis for Guerin

Edited by elriqo28

Guerin would be a good pickup, but after seeing what the Blues got for Tkachuk, I am afraid what we would have to give up for him. Also trading within the division is not something you do.

I would be much happier with a guy like Gary Roberts or JR. They would probably only want a draft pick for these guys and they have one year deals.

I'm afraid after the Tkachuk trade, it'll take a 1st, 2nd, and someone like Hudler or Grigorenko to get Guerin.... I just don't see Holland paying that price for a rental, and he's smart not to.

Atlanta gave up way too much for Tkachuk. If they were at the top of the east that would be one thing. Still too much but maybe he could help make that push to the finals but this team just gave up a lot and may not get into the playoffs. The Preds gave up a lot but they had a legit shot before Forsberg.

I still think the Wings need to do something. If they don't they are gone in the first or second round. You can't ride one line to the cup finals. Guerin would make that second line have a go to guy for scoring goals something they don't have right now.

Atlanta gave up way too much for Tkachuk. If they were at the top of the east that would be one thing. Still too much but maybe he could help make that push to the finals but this team just gave up a lot and may not get into the playoffs. The Preds gave up a lot but they had a legit shot before Forsberg.

I still think the Wings need to do something. If they don't they are gone in the first or second round. You can't ride one line to the cup finals. Guerin would make that second line have a go to guy for scoring goals something they don't have right now.

Its never to much if u win the Cup

Detroit won't win it with one line providing the offence

Guest keith carnes

Great move if they don't pay too much, dump Jason Williams and add Lapoite to. They are getting pushed around.