• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

eva unit zero

Z for Hart?

Rate this topic

He has a chance to be a finalist if he continues his current hot streak through the end of the season and finishes closer to the top in points (say in the top 10). His overall game is as impressive as anyones in the league, so as the points roll in, he will get consideration.

I think he will definitely take home the Selke.

I'd be shocked if the three finalists aren't Crosby, Brodeur and Luongo.

Though the stats may not show it, I think Luongo's been the better goaltender and definitely more of a Hart-worthy (by definition) candidate than Brodeur has.

If not for his slow start to the season, Z would have been among the candidates. He has been truly amazing lately, interesting to see for how long he can keep it up.

Selke is far more attainable at this point.

I'd be shocked if the three finalists aren't Crosby, Brodeur and Luongo.

Though the stats may not show it, I think Luongo's been the better goaltender and definitely more of a Hart-worthy (by definition) candidate than Brodeur has.

Yeah, I have heard some go as far as to pick Luongo as the MVP, not just a finalist.

When I think of potential MVP, I look at Lidstrom.

Huge reason why Detroit has the best defensive numbers in the league as far as fewest shots per game, fewest goals per game, etc. Out of every defensemen he has adapted to the new NHL so finely, in terms of playing the stick instead of interfering with the body. A +42 and leading all defensemen in points puts him as a highly likely candidate.

With all that said though, if Crosby remains with the huge lead over everybody else, it may be a definite clincher for him to take home Hart and even Pearson.

I don't see Z getting it though. If there was an MVP for second half of the season, he would get it for sure, but there's just too much other possible candidates out there.

More like Z for Selke. Of course, if you ask me I would give him all the trophies, including the Vezina :lol:

But realistically, he won't get the Hart only because our team has too many other gunners. I feel with such a multitude of (albeit sometimes rarely used *cough Lang cough*) talent it's hard for one guy to shine through. The other side of the coin is, with Stevie and Shanny gone, it seems like Z has really taken a leadership role both on and off the ice. Yet, still not Hart worthy...but definitely Selke worthy.

Anybody see Z put a guy into the boards yesterday? I had to rewind my tivo, cause I couln't believe it.

I was at the game and when I saw it happen I was like *double take* was...that...Hank?!?!? It was great! I was like, you stand up for yourself Z!