• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Mark Spizzirri's take on the Wings

Rate this topic

I actually feel like Kronwall's play is on the decline, whether it's due to his mask or not recently, the past 2 months or so he has been a liability with the constant passes directly in the front of the net in our zone.

EDIT: Also, I'm strongly against trading Schneider as well, we need him badly, for the PP if nothing else...anything to keep Williams off the point.

Edited by Mors

Where did I ever say that one man can do it alone? In fact, my whole original post was about how we needed more offensive depth to take the heat off the top line. Of course no man can do it alone. But some players have shown to do way more with way less. Steve Yzerman made Gerard Gallant a 40 goal scorer. And on many nights, Yzerman won games all by himself. Zetts will never be in that class but he has more intangibles to do that than Dats. Dats only passes and because of that he's dependant on his linemates to score goals. Z has more ability to create offense with nobody than Dats. That was simply my point.

And what 'jibber jabber'? All I've done is spout out the truth. Datsyuk is not a good playoff player and we can do it without him. In fact, we have to do it in spite of him. We all know he isn't going to do anything in the playoffs so they should have dealt him for someone that can. You're return argument will be "if that were true Holland would have dealt him" but that doesn't hold water. This is the same man that gave Leijla and Williams extentions. Holland has issues with letting core guys he inherited walk. He's scared.

If anything, you're the one that keeps spouting off jibber-jabber. I've supplied proof and opinions grounded in facts that backup my argument entirely. You keep coming back with hateful insults because your feelings seem to be hurt over a player you adore. You've yet to disprove anything that I've written on the subject and yet you still feel the need to retort with insults telling me I'm wrong with nothing more than doubletalk and swearing.

Again, I'll spell it out for you since it doesn't appear to be clear:

P.Datsyuk playoff stats - 42GP, 3G, 12A, 15Pts (.35 Points-per-game, .07 goals-per-game.)

Last playoff goal, May 31st, 2002. Nearly 5 calendar years ago.

That does all the talking needed for me.

The whole point to this thread is that Mark Spizzirri believes we need more defense to go deep in the playoffs. I argued that defense is not our problem since we're a one line team with two great offensive players - one of which turns into a lame duck when April rolls around. So obviously we need a true scoring winger for Lang to balance the attack.

Again, tell me where my assessment is wrong?

Am I the only one here that sees this obvious need? Or are there others here who feel that having 1 line is going to win us the Cup? Or are there others that really believe that Datsyuk is going to break out and be that playoff force he wants to be paid like?

This is from your original post, that I didn't really want to even give crediblity with a response. Until you started to try to make fun of other fellow posters.................

" It's our offense that sucks. Why? Because Datsyuk can't score in the playoffs. Even now, if you contain Zetterberg, you contain the Wings. Last nights game was a perfect example. It was a boring game that either team could have won until the 3rd period. Zetts heated it up and won that game for Detroit.

What do you think's going to happen in the playoffs? Teams will know that they only have to worry about Z."

Now what does that sound like to you? "if you contain Z you contain the wings" hhmmmmm.... one man team maybe?

Heres another gem from the same post............

"Last nights game was a perfect example. It was a boring game that either team could have won until the 3rd period. Zetts heated it up and won that game for Detroit." :rolleyes:

If that's not having a head firmly tucked into said players ass, I don't know what is. Which is what sibiriak was trying to explain, when you so kindly decided to call him "datsyuk's dad back to defend his son". Yet you wanna cry cause I called you "scouty mcgee". Grow up boss, I'm sick of people like you who decide there opinion is the only one, and anyone who thinks differently is an apologist or making excuses, or in need of having things spelled out for them. Who the hell apointed you hockey god? I'd answer your question of what jibber jabber, but you promptly followed your question up with your own answer. Thanks for trying to form my answers for me, but I can handle it. Who exaclty did Holland "inheirit"? Those are his picks. He's scared? Your the one slamming the panic button and making wild accusations of the Wings not only not needing Datsyuk :lol: , but playing in "spite of him"? Give me a break.

If your saying that the D had no responsiblity in last years early exit, I'd say you better study up on some game tape, if your hoping to continue that scouting career where you can predict the future. Cause that's just silly. Yeah, your the only one that thinks they should add another forward. :rolleyes: BTW, there was no double talk, if you even know what that means, and any swearing done I can assure you wasn't at you, but in describing what the team would be like without certain players. Besides, if it were a great problem, which it's not, I'm sure the board would have filters of some sort.

I actually feel like Kronwall's play is on the decline, whether it's due to his mask or not recently, the past 2 months or so he has been a liability with the constant passes directly in the front of the net in our zone.

EDIT: Also, I'm strongly against trading Schneider as well, we need him badly, for the PP if nothing else...anything to keep Williams off the point.

Yeah, I wonder if it is the cage. Less vision perhaps?

If the Wings are going to get a dman I'd love to see them get a player to compliment Lidstrom like Olausson or Murphy did in recent years.

It's an absolute pipe dream but I would have loved it if the Wings could have picked up Adam Foote to play with Lids. I know that will never happen but he's the type of player that works so well with Nik. Kind of like how it was with Neidermeyer and Stevens.

And Mors, I think Bowman would be better on the point than Williams.