• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

58Miles2Joe

Greg Johnson

Rate this topic

Did we talk about this already and I missed it?

I ran across this:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/nhl/11083157/detail.html#

at the bottom it says "In team personnel news, Detroit picked up a former Predator for the upcoming stretch drive when it signed veteran center Greg Johnson on Monday. The 35- year-old had spent the previous seven seasons with Nashville and ranks second on the Predators' all-time list for games played.

Johnson, who began his 12-year NHL career with Detroit in 1993, had re-joined the Red Wings as a free agent over the summer. However, he was forced to briefly retire prior to the start of the season after a training-camp physical revealed an abnormality in his heart."

Is he going to play? Anyone know anything about this? Could this be a precursor to a trade?

February 22, Sports Network: In team personnel news, Detroit picked up a former Predator for the upcoming stretch drive when it signed veteran center Greg Johnson on Monday. The 35- year-old had spent the previous seven seasons with Nashville and ranks second on the Predators' all-time list for games played.

Johnson, who began his 12-year NHL career with Detroit in 1993, had re-joined the Red Wings as a free agent over the summer. However, he was forced to briefly retire prior to the start of the season after a training-camp physical revealed an abnormality in his heart.

From MLIVE

M live says he's cleared

Edited by brit_1102

February 22, Sports Network: In team personnel news, Detroit picked up a former Predator for the upcoming stretch drive when it signed veteran center Greg Johnson on Monday. The 35- year-old had spent the previous seven seasons with Nashville and ranks second on the Predators' all-time list for games played.

Johnson, who began his 12-year NHL career with Detroit in 1993, had re-joined the Red Wings as a free agent over the summer. However, he was forced to briefly retire prior to the start of the season after a training-camp physical revealed an abnormality in his heart.

From MLIVE

you beat me to it i just saw it on mlive as well/...

well it can't hurt us at all to have him back...no bill guerin but ill take it for now...I'm happy for him if that is the case, and it gives hope to fisch stiicks as well...

MLive's link brings you to the same site that was used at the beginning of the thread...no offense to 58Miles2Joe, great discovery on this news/rumor, but ill wait until the Wings, NHL, ESPN or TSN acknowledges its validity before I coun't on seeing Johnny suit up.

He retired... he will not play for Detroit. Right?

Signed as a free agent --> retired --> unretired --> falsely reported to have signed with the Wings Monday.

Edited by johnnyoski

I thought that if you retire you cannot comeback until the following season. Didn't Patrick Roy try to comeback when Colorado signed Kayria, and Selanne, and the NHL jumped in and said no way jose, you must wait until next season! I would think Johnson would have to wait until next season to play.

from lslast on rwc

If you go to the Red Wings Home page, then get to the tabs for News and Media Release, the first atricle there is Johnson signed on Monday. HOWEVER, if you open it up, it is dated Aug 16th 2006. I think this reporter/writer was lazy. He went to the Wings site and grabed the headline without seeing how old it was. He then wrote the headline on a post-it and here we are reading a false report.

Guest Crymson

Did we talk about this already and I missed it?

I ran across this:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/nhl/11083157/detail.html#

at the bottom it says "In team personnel news, Detroit picked up a former Predator for the upcoming stretch drive when it signed veteran center Greg Johnson on Monday. The 35- year-old had spent the previous seven seasons with Nashville and ranks second on the Predators' all-time list for games played.

Johnson, who began his 12-year NHL career with Detroit in 1993, had re-joined the Red Wings as a free agent over the summer. However, he was forced to briefly retire prior to the start of the season after a training-camp physical revealed an abnormality in his heart."

Is he going to play? Anyone know anything about this? Could this be a precursor to a trade?

Wrong. This article is from last summer.

Wow am I completely lost. I take a nap and then I wake up to see this.

When I first read your post I thought you said you were going to take a nap and then wake up and try to figure out the meaning of this thread. :hehe:

Wrong. This article is from last summer.

I'd like to see his younger brother on this team,RYAN Johnson(in St.L) From the few games I've seen,he seems fast,gritty and goes to the net.Any one know much about this guy?