• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

58Miles2Joe

Greg Johnson

Rate this topic

How is the article from last summer if it says "Greg Johnson joined the Red Wings once before, but briefly retired due to a heart condition". That article is recent, it's just not true. I just wonder where the author got his sources from.

The Sports Network claims that the Red Wings have re-signed Greg Johnson, who they state is fit to play:

February 22, Sports Network: In team personnel news, Detroit picked up a former Predator for the upcoming stretch drive when it signed veteran center Greg Johnson on Monday. The 35- year-old had spent the previous seven seasons with Nashville and ranks second on the Predators' all-time list for games played.

ohnson, who began his 12-year NHL career with Detroit in 1993, had re-joined the Red Wings as a free agent over the summer. However, he was forced to briefly retire prior to the start of the season after a training-camp physical revealed an abnormality in his heart.

Mr. Khan's confirmed that this report is false. Johnson's not coming back.

MLive reported this, however, Channel 4 also confirmed it, usually they are very credible about reporting proper news. I think I'll wait and see. I'm not sold either way in this one yet.

How is the article from last summer if it says "Greg Johnson joined the Red Wings once before, but briefly retired due to a heart condition". That article is recent, it's just not true. I just wonder where the author got his sources from.

elkund?

sorry open net gotta shoot those.

Greg Johnson's taking retirement one day at a time

Greg Johnson was in his hometown of Thunder Bay, Ontario to promote the Heart and Stroke Foundation, and he stated that he's still trying to adapt to life after hockey:

February 23, Thunder Bay Source: Johnson, 35, who signed with the Detroit Red Wings last summer before being forced to retire due to a heart defect, said it’s really starting to hit him as the NHL stretch drive arrives.

“I was there for so long, and it would be great to see the end result, them doing well in the playoffs. But I know a lot of those guys still really well and wish them well and lots of success. It would have been nice, but I had my time there and it’s time for the new guys,†said Johnson, in Thunder Bay last week for a Heart and Stroke Foundation Breakfast where as honourary chairman for Heart and Stroke Month he spoke to a full house at the NorWester Hotel.

“I had initially been doing some scouting. I haven’t been doing a lot lately. I was going out and watching games in their system and evaluating them. I’m kind of ready to step away from the game for a bit and try some other things,†Johnson said.

Now living in Detroit, a city he’s called home for several years, Johnson has a finance degree from the University of North Dakota and is tinkering in the financial markets, doing some trading and trying to find his way, much as he did when he first joined the Red Wings in 1993.

“I’ve got certain connections, and whatnot, but at the end of the day, I’m kind of like everybody else and I’m just going to take my time and see where it goes,†he said.