• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hckypete96

bump the kids up to 2nd line

Rate this topic

Look it's no secret that we only have one line, and we all want Kenny to do something at the deadline. If he does not make a trade, then I think we definiatly need to shuffle up the lines. Obv keep Z, Dats, Homer together on first line, but why not give huds and flip a shot on the 2nd line? The 2nd line has been god awful lately, and williams sucks ballls. Put flip and hud together on the 2nd line... they have chemistry and they always make something happen out there. Currently, Hudler avg's 8:27 TOI and Flip 9:58. William's avg 14:28 TOIand if we put him down on fourth line, that could either get him to play harder, or we get to see less of him turning the puck over. If it was up to me, this is how I would mess with the lines right now.

Homer Z Dats

Flip Lang Hudler

Fraz Drapes Cleary

Langfeld Willy Malts

what do you guys think?

Sometimes it's harder to see who plays well when you're sitting at home. I wouldn't have agreed with your proposal unless I was at the game last night. After our first line, the best line was the kids. They actually hustled (cough Lang <_< ) and had some good chances. I'm all for it. Git `er done.

Look it's no secret that we only have one line, and we all want Kenny to do something at the deadline. If he does not make a trade, then I think we definiatly need to shuffle up the lines. Obv keep Z, Dats, Homer together on first line, but why not give huds and flip a shot on the 2nd line? The 2nd line has been god awful lately, and williams sucks ballls. Put flip and hud together on the 2nd line... they have chemistry and they always make something happen out there. Currently, Hudler avg's 8:27 TOI and Flip 9:58. William's avg 14:28 TOIand if we put him down on fourth line, that could either get him to play harder, or we get to see less of him turning the puck over. If it was up to me, this is how I would mess with the lines right now.

Homer Z Dats

Flip Lang Hudler

Fraz Drapes Cleary

Langfeld Willy Malts

what do you guys think?

While I am not overly impressed with Hudler, I think it'd be worth a try and mix things up. Babs has tried a couple times with Flip, Cleary, and Lang on a line and it went will for the short while it lasted. On that note, I think a Drapes, Franzen, Cleary line makes the most sense. Clearly likes to play at the boards and work hard and Lang isn't really all about that. So basically yea-try a Flip, Lang, Huddles line and see how it goes. We need someone else to contribute other than Hank (and his linemates).

Homer Z Dats

Flip Lang Hudler

Fraz Drapes Cleary

Langfeld Willy Malts

what do you guys think?

if i'm not mistaken, it's lang who is stinking up the joint. so why reward him and drop cleary. maybe find a new center for cleary and his second linemate (williams, flip or rex). this won't happen, but don't make cleary pay for langs troubles.

k.

Edited by KevinD

While I am not overly impressed with Hudler, I think it'd be worth a try and mix things up. Babs has tried a couple times with Flip, Cleary, and Lang on a line and it went will for the short while it lasted. On that note, I think a Drapes, Franzen, Cleary line makes the most sense. Clearly likes to play at the boards and work hard and Lang isn't really all about that. So basically yea-try a Flip, Lang, Huddles line and see how it goes. We need someone else to contribute other than Hank (and his linemates).

Why doesn't he? He plays the least out of all the wings rookies and LEADS them in scoring. Has nine goals, 2 GWG, twice as many goals as Flip (even though he's awesome- I'm not saying Flip's worse then Huds, so don't jump down my throat) a 14.1 Pct, +7 (despite being on the line that's probably the second most likely to get reamed).

As for the line- well Huds is a centre, so I'd say:

Flip Huds Cleary

I agree with you. I think that the young guns need a chance to play with a good experinced center who will be a mentor for them. I think they are going to be big time scorers when they get more chances to be on the ice. I also think that it could help out rejuvinate Langer a little bit like when you had Z and Dats playing Hull.

Guest Crymson

Homer Z Dats

Flip Lang Hudler

Fraz Drapes Cleary

Langfeld Willy Malts

what do you guys think?

The annihilation of our second line's production stems from Lang's slump and from Williams` general uselessness this year.

Cleary has proven himself, but he can't do anything without a set-up man. When Lang was on, Cleary produced. Lang has sucked lately, so Cleary can't get much done. Needless to say, having somebody as clumsy and offensively unaware as Williams does not help either.

I agree with you. I think that the young guns need a chance to play with a good experinced center who will be a mentor for them. I think they are going to be big time scorers when they get more chances to be on the ice. I also think that it could help out rejuvinate Langer a little bit like when you had Z and Dats playing Hull.

Rejuvenation implies that a change of circumstances from one that did not work to one that does. Lang and Cleary produced massively earlier in the season. Lang is in a slump. Moving him around will not help. On top of that, for all his experience, Lang presently sucks ass.

Why doesn't he? He plays the least out of all the wings rookies and LEADS them in scoring. Has nine goals, 2 GWG, twice as many goals as Flip (even though he's awesome- I'm not saying Flip's worse then Huds, so don't jump down my throat) a 14.1 Pct, +7 (despite being on the line that's probably the second most likely to get reamed).

Flip Huds Cleary

As usual, I agree with you. This is exactly what I would do. Let Lang play on a line with Langfeld and Williams.

I've been wishing for this for a long time. I'd love to see Flip and Huds on the 2nd line. My initial thought was Cleary-Flip-Huds, but I agree that the experience of Lang in a Flip-Lang-Huds line would also be nice. Especially since moving Lang to the 4th line would pretty much be giving up on him... like when the Yankees moved A-Rod to 8th in the batting order against the Tigers... he'd probably end up playing worse.

Guest Crymson

Draper has many good qualities--however, setting up his wingers is not amongst those positive aspects.

I've been wishing for this for a long time. I'd love to see Flip and Huds on the 2nd line. My initial thought was Cleary-Flip-Huds, but I agree that the experience of Lang in a Flip-Lang-Huds line would also be nice. Especially since moving Lang to the 4th line would pretty much be giving up on him... like when the Yankees moved A-Rod to 8th in the batting order against the Tigers... he'd probably end up playing worse.

I fail to see how Lang could possibly play any worse than he has been playing lately. He doesn't produce, he turns the puck over, and he still refuses to skate or hit.

I fail to see how Lang could possibly play any worse than he has been playing lately. He doesn't produce, he turns the puck over, and he still refuses to skate or hit.

You're probably right about that. But don't we want him to start playing better? I think bumping him to the 4th line and basically giving up on him would probably be worse for him than switching up his linemates. Who knows, he may start clicking with the kids and play well. If not, we're not really any worse off.

Edited by YzermanForever

Guest Crymson

You're probably right about that. But don't we want him to start playing better? I think bumping him to the 4th line and basically giving up him would probably be worse for him than switching up his linemates. Who knows, he may start clicking with the kids and play well. If not, we're not really any worse off.

We're also not any worse off if we drop him to the 4th line. Reprimand occasionally brings on improve performance. Wake up-call, so to speak.

Edit: Meanwhile, if we put the kids with Cleary, we might see results. In that case, having put them with Lang would have cost us.

Edited by Crymson

Flip Huds Cleary

Thats for the 2nd line?! :blink: An inexperienced, unproven line like that could NEVER be relied on as your 2nd unit, especially in the playoffs. They'd get shutdown.

Guest Crymson

Thats for the 2nd line?! :blink: An inexperienced, unproven line like that could NEVER be relied on as your 2nd unit, especially in the playoffs. They'd get shutdown.

Do you think that our current 2nd line can currently be relied upon in the playoffs? It couldn't possibly get worse.

Do you think that our current 2nd line can currently be relied upon in the playoffs? It couldn't possibly get worse.

No, however the suggested line would be way worse. Two rookies (and keep in mind these are not stand-out rooks) along with a guy who's POSSIBLY just had a fluke year to this point together as your 2nd? A line that needs to be relied on heavily as teams key Zetterberg/Datsyuk? Totally out of the question i think. Obviously someone desperately needs to be acquired and paired with Lang (Guerin). He is the only option for 2nd line center at this point, unless you break up the top line. Or if another center is traded for...

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Guest Crymson

No, however the suggested line would be way worse. Two rookies (and keep in mind these are not stand-out rooks) along with a guy who's POSSIBLY just had a fluke year to this point together as your 2nd? A line that needs to be relied on heavily as teams key Zetterberg/Datsyuk? Totally out of the question i think. Obviously someone desperately needs to be acquired and paired with Lang (Guerin). He is the only option for 2nd line center at this point, unless you break up the top line. Or if another center is traded for...

I speak of if we cannot gain anyone before the trade deadline.

Salviaman--the line produces nothing. It hence cannot get worse. Whether they are the 2nd or the 4th line is irrelevant.

Lang really hasn't done much, but everyone on here talks just about play off ability, so according to that logic, I would say keep lang and bring up the to youth's. Even though I like Cleary's work ethic, I do believe that Lang is actually has more talent. As for Jason Williams, I say we have him and Lilja fight to the death, the winner then gets eaten by sharks.

Edited by ben_usmc

Draper has many good qualities--however, setting up his wingers is not amongst those positive aspects.

Tell Lang he's on the second line,just limit his ice time to 5 minutes a game to minimize his ineffectiveness.

I thought Lang's suppose to be our best playoff-performer and we should re-sign him immediately?

*Oozes sarcasm*