• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Hasek won't get back to back starts

Rate this topic

Arent we supposed to be getting Hasek ready for the playoffs ?

Brodeur , Luongo , Giguere , even Eddie Belfour gets back to backs , but not Dom ? Gimme a break

That said , I hope Ozzie does well

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

I guess in theory Hasek at home vs Edmonton is more likely a win than vs Preds in Nashville. I just don't want to see Forsberg have his breakout game in black and "piss" (whatever color that is) against Ozzie and the Wings. I'd rather go into nashville and make a statement. I know Osgood can win games, but it sure must make Nashville happier to face him than Hasek, especially when the rest of the Wings may be tired.

uhm, everyone remember 1998 when ozzie won the cup? he is a proven goalie and we should feel lucky to have the hasek/ozzie tandem.

Thank you.

Even aside from '98 Ozzie is damn good, proven, capable goaltender. I'm more than happy that he's starting against the Preds and I think that just shows the confidence the Wings/Babcock has in him. It was actually suprising to me how happy Babs was to have Ozzie back a week or so ago. He kept saying having him back was huge, and that the team has lots of confidence in him.

I don't mind the decision at all really - both of our netminders are pretty damn good. Osgood needs to play more games, to prepare for the playoffs if needed. I know some would disagree because of how well Hasek has been playing, but I'm still praying he doesn't get injured.

Oh, that loathsome Mike Babcock, how dare he change his mind again.

I'll chose to take that at face value and agree ;)

I'm not too too impressed though- Dom said he'd like to try back to backs and I this game against Nashville is very important so sending Oz in instead of Dom might actually be sending the wrong message to the rest of the wings, if that makes any sense. I love Oz as much as the next guy, but he knows he's the backup and I hope he doesn't begrudge it (Hasek is one of the greatest goalies of the last two generations). I know Oz has stood on his head multiple times this season, but he's still the backup to Dom and putting him in against Nashville DOES send a message.

I really, really, really hope the boys can hold it together over a 48 hour period of hockey. Back to backs aren't our forte, obviously, but that certainly shouldn't be a reason to sell the wings short on this game! Everyone on the team knows how importent these Nashville stops are, so I think we'll play it hard.

I was speaking tongue-in-cheek, unfortunately; it was a jab at some of the Osgood fans who were upset when Mike changed the game plan from early in the year when Dom ended up getting more starts than planned. Now, he's changing it up again, but we're all honky-dory...

For my real opinion, I'm not worried about messages or anything. This is a veteran group, the only message this is sending is "I want you guys to win the game with Ozzie in net." Whoever plays is fine with me.

I was speaking tongue-in-cheek, unfortunately; it was a jab at some of the Osgood fans who were upset when Mike changed the game plan from early in the year when Dom ended up getting more starts than planned. Now, he's changing it up again, but we're all honky-dory...

For my real opinion, I'm not worried about messages or anything. This is a veteran group, the only message this is sending is "I want you guys to win the game with Ozzie in net." Whoever plays is fine with me.

Yeah, that's what I assumed you meant. I can see right through that monocle, you cheeky bugger you.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Honestly, I'd rather see Dom in net on Saturday, but that isn't even my real concern.

The real one is the team's play, period. They've been messy with playing back-to-back games this season, so I'm hopeful about them actually winning against Nashville--but I think we'll see another W/L split for the two games.

I am very eager to be surprised however. [edit!] But knowing that bad record, that's likely the message Babs is sending, I think. "Ozzie will be in net, not Dom. Pick it up guys." --I hope it works!

Edited by Flip-check

I have no doubt in my mind that Osgood does well, and really I dont' mind at all that he gets the start. But... I'm curious as to why he is getting the start instead of Hasek. I mean Hasek is our number 1 goalie, shouldn't he get the start for the more important game?

I never said it was all fine and dandy now that Babs changed his mind in Ozzie's favor.

I still think him changing his mind every week or so is damn annoying. Whether it favors Ozzie or not. One week it's "Dom is going back to back" the next it's "Ozzie won't play for awhile" and then it's all "Ozzie and Dom will split games" "Dom is playing against Nashville and Edmonton" and now it's changed all over again. Make up your mind and stick with it. I don't think that's a lot to ask

I'm happy as hell that Ozzie is starting and I don't like the fact that everyone assumes because he's 'back up' that he can't handle the Predators. We are talking about a guy that is in top 10's and 20's of nearly every goaltending list career wise, and someone that's got one of the best winning percentages and has over 325 wins. Ozzie's played against great teams and time and time again in his career, he's also won majority of those games, and even stole a few. I don't care what anyone labels the guy. He can get the job done and that's all that matters.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

I have no doubt in my mind that Osgood does well, and really I dont' mind at all that he gets the start. But... I'm curious as to why he is getting the start instead of Hasek. I mean Hasek is our number 1 goalie, shouldn't he get the start for the more important game?

Theoretically yeah.

Like I said earlier though, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take them out of their comfort zone, knowing how they turn up for two games in two nights. Let them have Dom for the Oilers, then make them realize that they'd definitely better pick it up for Ozzie (he's great, but he's not Dom) the day after.

IPB Image

Best. Emoticon. Ever.*

*to involve a monocle.

We are talking about a guy that is in top 10's and 20's of nearly every goaltending list career wise, and someone that's got one of the best winning percentages and has over 325 wins. Ozzie's played against great teams and time and time again in his career, he's also won majority of those games, and even stole a few. I don't care what anyone labels the guy. He can get the job done and that's all that matters.

I suppose it doesn't matter when you've got that hardware on your fingers ;)

Edited by CopenhagenWing

As much as I want the Wings to beat the living piss out of s***ville, I thought Mickey Redmond said it best lastnight when he said as much as we want to win the division and have number one over all, we don't need to burn ourselves out. With our defense as good as it is, it shouldn't matter who is in net. The wings need to tighten up alot defensivly. Dom bailed us out against Chicago, I have been extremly angry with our play as of late and I don't think we have played well at all in the last month. We are 3-9 in the second game of back to backs so yes, I think Babs is making a statement by staring Ozzie in Nashville. I think we should bring up Norton or Bootland just for Saturday to take out Forskins ankle. :D Come On Boys!!!!! My blood pressure is getting too high again DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!

The defense is good enough that Osgood should have a great game, plus I trust him. His last game was very good- 1 goal on 18 shots, and the goal was on the PP. He made some nice saves, too.

I'm sure he relishes the opportunity.

This suprised me, especially after what happend during our first game against Nashville this season.

Then again, Osgood doesn't seem to play well against Edmonton so maybe it's all for the better.

Arent we supposed to be getting Hasek ready for the playoffs ?

Brodeur , Luongo , Giguere , even Eddie Belfour gets back to backs , but not Dom ? Gimme a break

That said , I hope Ozzie does well

I dont get it. What is all that hype? Hasnt Hasek ever faced back-to-backs in his career? Is he headed for his first playoff run?

Last time I checked the Red Wings were riding an old-time injury-prone goalie and doing their best at keeping him healthy for the most important part of the season. What can you prove to whom by playing him back to back? :rolleyes:

I always thought goalie job is not primarily about physical endurance, it is about concentration, quick reflexes and flexibility and that should not change much in back -to-back games. Or does anybody think that Hasek isnt able to cope with back-to-back games psychologically?

The only reason I heard about why not play Hasek in Nashville was that he would not be able to go through all his stretching routine to minimize probability of muscle injury. And this is the only real concern there is about Hasek.

And then if the Wings beat them with a backup goalie in net, it will gnaw the Preds in the back of their minds knowing that in the playoffs they will have to face the real thing!!! :cool::devil:

Edited by unkempt

Would rather have Osgood start tomorrow and Hasek vs. the Preds, but no big worries here. Just play good team defense both games, both teams can be dangerous.

If the Wings can get at least 3 of 4 points from this weekend's games, life will be sweeeet.

At first I thought Babs should really change the order,but then I remembered how badly I want to beat the Oils.

Yeah,I'm still bitter.

Dom will get it done for sure and hopefully Ozzie keeps Forsberg pointless(like he's been for his entire Preds-career :P )