• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

Bertuzzi may no longer be an option

Rate this topic

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers...e_of_the_p.html

The big news in Pantherland is that Todd Bertuzzi won't play tonight, and probably won't play Saturday either. That means he will not have returned to play in a game after his back surgery before Tuesday's 3 p.m. EST trading deadline.

I guess those who hated the idea can breathe a sigh of relief.

Guest Crymson

foreberg

bertuzzi

doan

nagy

guerin

tkachuk

roberts

carter

lapointe

hmmm... shopping list is shrinking

Yup, and you can shrink those last two off the list as well, because we really ought to not pay a price for players we don't need.

This isnt news.

Anyways, fine then. Trade Williams for Bertuzzi and nothing will be lost. If Bert cant play, then Sammy will take Willy's spot by the playoffs. Thats a win-win situation IMO. We dont have to pay out 1.6M to Willy next season and if Bert is really that bad, we can let him walk. IMO, Kenny should really take a risk with Bert if we can get it done using Willy alone.

i agree will for bertuzzi nothing to loose in that deal but i fell theres more to gain if he can play. in a perfect world i'd love to get geurin. hes my number 1 pick

It would actually be a good deal for the wings because theyll have +1.6 million in cap space next year with no loss on talent. And Bertuzzi WILL eventually come back. In the mean time, bring up Hussey who was bomb in his few games and let Hudler and Flip play more. Then once Bert and Sammy come back, the team looks pretty good.

Hank - Dats - Homer

Sammy - Lang - Bert

Cleary - Flip - Hudler

Malts - Drapes - Franzen

Does any remaining player on list make the Wings better?

There's not one on there that I think will.

You don't think a second line of Cleary-Lang-Guerin is better than Cleary-Lang-Williams?

What if Bertuzzi doesnt even come "back" at all? Or if he plays 1 or 2 games, and calls it a season? Even if the Wings just gave up Williams to get him, its still a major loss in the sense they didnt add anybody.

What if Bertuzzi doesnt even come "back" at all? Or if he plays 1 or 2 games, and calls it a season? Even if the Wings just gave up Williams to get him, its still a major loss in the sense they didnt add anybody.

you forgot about Sammy. Sammy would replace Williams.

Edit: And Willy straight up for Bert would have no bearing on whether or not they could acquire Guerin. Its more of a last ditch effort to acquire somebody. Id rather trad Willy for the "chance" of having Bert than do nothing at all.

I still say that Ryan Malone would be a great pick up( 28 and not a renter)

Why would the playoff-bound pens trade Malone? They may have wanted to trade him earlier in his career, but hes doing just fine right now and a big, fairly physical body for the 2nd line. Theirs, not ours.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

I'm really surprised at how few moves have been made... granted, the market is smaller than expected, but this should be an interesting weekend.

Amen to Sammy replacing Williams.