• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

2/23 GDT: Oilers @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

Guest Tunbo Batman

the oilers should miss the playoffs, demonstrating once again that being consistently good beats having one run per decade. would you rather be a wings fan, or an oilers fan right now? thought so.

the oilers should miss the playoffs, demonstrating once again that being consistently good beats having one run per decade. would you rather be a wings fan, or an oilers fan right now? thought so.

*sigh* They still beat us last year. And if they hadn't lost Rollie in the first game of the finals they'd have likely won the cup.

Wings rule, but try not to be one of those blind fans.

4-0 Wings (Zx2, Dats, Lids)

Good to see you again Aflac !

Tough game tonight.

Edmonton needs every point and will battle for it.

And since last years playoff series, they have a special drive to beat the Wings.

IMO, the Wings need to make a early goal and lock the game.

Battle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4-2 Wings.

Go Wings !

Things I hope to see :

1) Roloson gets yanked in the first period.

2) Referees actually see Hemsky's kicking motion this time and disallow his "goal".

3) And Ryan Smyth admits after the game that the Oils just couldn't answer to Wings's grit tonight.

GO WINGS! :siren:

Awesome !!

The game is on NASN tonight :

IPB Image 01:30 Edmonton vs Detroit - NHL

Ryan Smyth and the Oilers take the ice in Hockeytown against Nicklas Lidstrom and the Red Wings in this Western Conference head to head.

Edited by interminded

Payback time, We need to put the nail in the coffin tonight, Get the first goal and never look back. Oilers need to Win if they hope to make the playoffs. Winning tonight will discourge them even more.

Have to be careful though they just came off a shutout win so they will come out strong.

Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Homer need to keep the magic rolling and heres to another great game by Hasek, the most underrated goalie in the league right now.

The Oilers are fighting hard for a playoff spot.

They're not trying very hard. There is a 7 point gap between them and the #8 spot and they've only gone 4-4-2 in their last 10.

Looking at the schedule, the Wings really need this one tonight. We've got a back to back road game tomorrow with Nashville plus an away game on Tuesday against Chicago. They're monsters at home but not so hot on the road.

By winning, we'll only have evened up the series, and we still lost in the 1st round last year.

Oh, and I watched the Oilers injure two Sabres here in Buffalo, so look for Torres (if he's in the line-up) to hurt one of the Wings, since we can't retaliate.

That said, Wings win 3-2.

Welcome back Aflac, great job as usual :thumbup: .... This should be a great game as the oilers are trying hard to make the playoffs, well lets get revenge for last year.. WIngs will win 5-2.. AND LIDS WILL GET HIS 200TH GOAL TONIGHT :thumbup:

McGoo...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well chalk this up to a loss, and the end of the streak..

4-2 Oilers (1 an EN)...

game is full of lousy calls, Holmstrom called twice for goaltender interference for no reason, negating 2 goals in the 3rd..

McGoo...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4-2 Oilers (1 an EN)...

game is full of lousy calls, Holmstrom called twice for goaltender interference for no reason, negating 2 goals in the 3rd..

Wouldnt surprise me in the least...but I'm gonna stay optimistic, Wings win.

McGoo...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4-2 Oilers (1 an EN)...

McGoo and Kerry(how's my hair?)Fraser, I hate those guys! :lol:

BUT I think despite McGeogh, the Wings will pull out a close one!

Don't care for the spOilers after the punch in the face last year...but I love these games. It brings something very primative out in me...I start grunting and banging on things...sort of 2001 Space Odyssey thing in front of the obelisk.

3-1 Wings(Dats,Zetts,Lebda)

Edited by johnny

A win tonight will tie the club record for most home wins in a row, fourteen, which was set back in 1965. Good stuff.

Anyway, the Oilers still make me a little nervous. At this point, though, it will take a heck of an effort from them down the stretch to make the playoffs.

I also question the decision to start Hasek tonight, rather than on Saturday against Nashville. It just seems to me that you should be starting your top goalie, one of the best in the league, in such a big game. Just my two cents.

Ozzie needs to get into playoff shape as well. I know Dom is doing great, but the last couple years he has had injury issues. Ozzie is a good choice to see how well he does against the top dogs and not always against St. Louis or Columbus.