• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CMatt89

Ryan Malone

Rate this topic

Is he available? Or worth looking at? Could Pittsburgh be looking to move him to clear up space to sign their stars in the next couple of years? Maybe Schnieder could be the base in a deal for Malone...They are in terrible need of veteran defenseman. I don't really know much about this guy except he's huge, plays well defensively, and has alot of potential. :thumbup: / :thumbdown: ?

Edited by CMatt89

Is he available? Or worth looking at? Could Pittsburgh be looking to move him to clear up space to sign their stars in the next couple of years? Maybe Schnieder could be the base in a deal for Malone...They are in terrible need of veteran defenseman. I don't really know much about this guy except he's huge, plays well defensively, and has alot of potential. :thumbup: / :thumbdown: ?

Malone could use a change of scenery. That said, he's not scoring and he's been playing on a line with Sidney Crosby and Mark Recchi. If you can't score regularly there, then I don't know where you're going to score.

I also think that Pittsburgh wants more of a tough guy too. They could use the defense help, but I don't know if they'll want Schneider seeing as how they already have a very similar player in Gonchar. Ryan Whitney is also a pretty good powerplay guy, he'll only get better. So I don't really know how much they need a Schneider-type player. I think they need more of a Norstrom, Adam Foote type guy.

Edited by CloudConnected

I heard somewhere (can't exactly remember, might have even been here on the LGW boards) that the only reason Pittsburgh was considering trading him is because they wanted a defenseman in return. I sure wouldn't mind seeing malone play for the Wings.....

Malone won't get moved until they get a bodyguard for Syd.

From what I've heard he's one of only a few players Pittsburgh has that will watch Crosby's back.

It looks almost 100% that Laraque will be a Pen before the weekend is over.

Malone doesn't have a lot of goals because he broke his forearm and missed 18 games. And when he did come back he wasn't on the top line. I believe they moved Recchi to LW and put him and Armstrong with Crosby for a time.

Malone is now on the top line again and he's been producing pretty well.

CloudConnected's right when he says that Malone needs a change of scenery and in a lot of ways he reminds me a bit of Gerard Gallant. Not overly big but will mix it up, hit and has good hands. He'd be great for the Wings.

In fact, I think a Schneids-Malone deal would be very good for both teams. But I doubt it happens as Kenny's not going to deal a core player at this point in the year. But it would be nice. Having Malone with Lang would be awesome. Especially if we could get Guerin or Nolan.

Dats-Zetts-Homer

Malone-Lang-Guerin/Nolan

Cleary-Drapes-Maltby

Franzen-Flip-Sammy

The best part about that forward group? NO WILLIAMS!