• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JeeSpot82

Anson Carter traded to Hurricanes

Rate this topic

Traded for a 7th time.

Return was simply a fifth round draft pick.

I like that price.

Come on down, sellers!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197340&hubname=nhl

Dang! He would have been a great replacement for Williams. And for a 5th? That's a steal.

But I doubt Cbus would deal with an inter-divion rival. Good for Carolina though. Carter has proven he can score with the right linemates. I'm sure he'll do well lining up with either Staal or Brind'Amour.

I think he would have looked great with Lang or even with Dats and Z.

:clap:

Sounds good to me. I wouldn't give up a 9th round pick for Anson carter. The last person I want in Motown is the most one-dimensional player to ever lace up the skates...not to mention he is in no way shape or form the type of player that we need in order to make this team a playoff contender.

:clap:

Sounds good to me. I wouldn't give up a 9th round pick for Anson carter. The last person I want in Motown is the most one-dimensional player to ever lace up the skates...not to mention he is in no way shape or form the type of player that we need in order to make this team a playoff contender.

LOL. But he's still better than Williams.

LOL. But he's still better than Williams.

I'll never be one of those people that says "OH MAN! WE SHOULDA GOT HIM!" and I don't in any way want Anson Carter on the Red Wings. However, I will agree with you, Mr. Hank, a potato sack filled with Anson Carter's dread locks is an improvement over Jason Williams.

I'll never be one of those people that says "OH MAN! WE SHOULDA GOT HIM!" and I don't in any way want Anson Carter on the Red Wings. However, I will agree with you, Mr. Hank, a potato sack filled with Anson Carter's dread locks is an improvement over Jason Williams.

I'm still waiting for someone to play a clip fo the Predator on the jumbotron when he takes the ice and then Arnold saying "You're one ugly mutha..."

I'll give you that. He's also a lot pricier and it seems he has a high opinion of himself based on the contract he was after in the off season.

Very true. But he's a UFA next year so we could have dump his ass after the last playoff game.

My main concern is that Holland might miss on the big fish he's hunting for and by then all the FA's are gone.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Good lord. This dude is the rental player of the NHL. I swear, I'll go to the bathroom during a game, come back, and ill hear Anson Carter is now on ANOTHER team. My God. Well he better just stay in a hotel or something in Carolina, cause hes gone after the post season im sure. lol. Solid player. But I would never wanna see him in red.

Carter never does anything after he gets traded at the deadline..

Last time for LA he did literally nothing in like 25 games, and was one the main reasons the KIngs missed the playoffs...

glad we missed out

The more I think about this trade, the more I don’t think this is an indication of asking prices falling.

I don’t think GMs in the league have a very high opinion of this guy. After scoring 33 goals last year, he could only manage a 1-year contract, and it took him until late September to get that. After signing that deal, he’s been awful (10 goals, 27 points), so his value is even lower.

Those things considered, it shouldn’t be too surprising he only went for a 5th rounder.