• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Enforcer

1270 Sports: Babcock says "players will be dealt"

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

You have to give us more context then that.

Are you saying that he wants to move someone on our team, or are you saying he will definately make a move for someone.

I don't get what your trying to convey.

I get the feeling that TE doesn't really know any more than what he heard from Babs.

Eklund's reporting that he has heard stong rumblings that Tkachuk is Detroit bound. But he also adds it may be Guerin.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5716

TSN is saying the Blues asking price remains high. A 1st rounder and a top prospect.

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/darren_dreger/

Man, that's alot to give up for a rental.

With some of the moves that are starting to happen it might be best to wait a bit. It's looking like Dallas WAY overpaid for Nagy. As teams fill their needs that will leave a few guys out there with very few teams left calling. That's how we got Ozzie at such an incredible price as a FA.

With MacDonald put on waivers, I can see something going down very shortly.

Not that I'm in disagreement, but can you explain the logic behind this?

How does MacDanald, a 3rd string goalie, going on waivers indicate that something else is going down? Unless they're trading for Biron.

How does MacDanald, a 3rd string goalie, going on waivers indicate that something else is going down? Unless they're trading for Biron.

to clear roster space maybe . . . no . . .

With MacDonald put on waivers, I can see something going down very shortly.

As was stated in the other thread, Mac was sent down cuz now, with a total of 4 healthy goalies ( Dom, Ozzie, Howard, Mac), one has to go down.

It isn't even related.

Hell, now im doubting myself; Was Mac our third stringer all year or was he called up when Ozzie went down? Or was that Howard? If it was Howard called up, then just ignore me.

Edited by GoCryWolfe

As was stated in the other thread, Mac was sent down cuz now, with a total of 4 healthy goalies ( Dom, Ozzie, Howard, Mac), one has to go down.

It isn't even related.

I totally agree, it's not related at all.

Eklund's reporting that he has heard stong rumblings that Tkachuk is Detroit bound. But he also adds it may be Guerin.

My grandmother does not know the difference between a hockey puck or a basketball. Yet i would trust her opinion on a trade more than I would trust anything that comes out of that Eklund site. At this point in the game Tkachuk and Guerin are the only two big names left, what the hell does he have to lose to make that prediction at this time. Chances are he will be right. But my grandmother could do that too.

It isn't even related.

Hell, now im doubting myself; Was Mac our third stringer all year or was he called up when Ozzie went down? Or was that Howard? If it was Howard called up, then just ignore me.

As RA said.....cap space. Granted its only a small amount, but every little bit helps.

As RA said.....cap space. Granted its only a small amount, but every little bit helps.

yay! now we can buy a bag of pucks so the 2nd line can start practicing their shooting again!

It isn't even related.

Howard was called up to back up Joey Mac, when Ozzie and Dom went down.

It isn't even related.

Mac doesn't make much, but I believe it has to be somewhere around .5 million, so having said that, the move makes sense on both levels, and it COULD be related. For one, why send Mac down now, Dom and Ozzie are healthy yes, but in order to get Mac back, he'd have to clear waivers again, right? So could we be clearing his half million salary off of the cap in order to make room for a move or two? It's very likely I would think. Cause if Holland wants to add two players, you gotta think he'd be looking at Guerin, Tkachuk, and as a secondary player now - Laraque - who I hope we can get cause he would be an excellent addition to our fourth line and be the goon type of guy we are looking for. We could get him for a mid round pick I would think as well.

Oh and it creates an open roster spot to add the new player... PLEASE TKACHUK or GUERIN!!!!!

Edited by SwedeLundin77

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5716

TSN is saying the Blues asking price remains high. A 1st rounder and a top prospect.

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/darren_dreger/

Man, that's alot to give up for a rental.

Yes it is. If the Wings were to do this I would hope that either Tkachuk or Guerin would like it enough in Detroit to resign. But it sounds like a lot of people love living in St.Louis.

MacDonald might be related guys.

I think that if Liv is the guy that is on the trading block, they would want MacDonald to clear waviers so he can go back down to Grand Rapids.

If he doesn't clear waviers. Then who cares. A little more cap room for us and another roster spot we can fill with some griffin.

Yes it is. If the Wings were to do this I would hope that either Tkachuk or Guerin would like it enough in Detroit to resign. But it sounds like a lot of people love living in St.Louis.

That is funny, because St Louis is like the only place with a Higher crime rate then Detroit. :hehe:

Guerin is acceptable to me, but Tkachuck is not. Really neither will be worth the price they are asking.

If we can get away with one of our stable Dmen for Burtuzzi or just a conditional draft pick I would prefer that over giving up a first and hudler for any rental player.