• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sentonial Debut

Roenick...

Rate this topic

i'm not quite sure if his name has been brought up as a possibilty for the wings but i think he could be a big help. now he isn't the solution to our top six foward problem but i think he may be the gritty player we could use. let's say he plays third or fourth line for us, he's going to score the occasional goal and he plays with a lot of heart and emotion plus he's gotta playoff experience while being a leader in the locker room....your thoughts?

It has been brought up, but I still say that if he was going to be on the fourth line he would be a fine pick up provided we give up nothing.

He is the type of guy you either love or hate, I love him because he is akin to Brett Hull. Got a mouth and will use it.

i'm not quite sure if his name has been brought up as a possibilty for the wings but i think he could be a big help. now he isn't the solution to our top six foward problem but i think he may be the gritty player we could use. let's say he plays third or fourth line for us, he's going to score the occasional goal and he plays with a lot of heart and emotion plus he's gotta playoff experience while being a leader in the locker room....your thoughts?

He had heart and emotion 4 or 5 years ago. Imo should have hung up the skates after last season.

I also believe he is more of a distraction than a leader in the locker room.

I wouldn't even trade Williams or Lilja for him.

It has been brought up, but I still say that if he was going to be on the fourth line he would be a fine pick up provided we give up nothing.

He is the type of guy you either love or hate, I love him because he is akin to Brett Hull. Got a mouth and will use it.

His mouth is the only thing that's working anymore. Certainly his speed and aggressiveness aren't there.

No way. Jeremy Roenick simply cannot play in the new NHL. Unless you're desperate for "fourth line depth," it's not worth it. I'd rather keep the Hudler-Filppula-Langfeld line in tact instead.

The last thing we need to do is break team chemistry, trade away rookies who are likely the future of the Wings for some washed up bum.

...well, I think he has a little more left than all you assume...

...he is still fast enough to play, obviuosly, he is still in the NHL, he can still hit HARD, just ask Dany Markov about that, when he was nearly put through the boards and had to be helped off the ice and I think put him on the right team, he can still contribute. If we're entertaining the idea of getting rid of Lang, just to cut salary, Roenick could definately provide what we would lose in Lang if not a little more desire to win that Cup that has eluded him his entire career. Talk about getting a rental player without selling the farm. Roenick may, MAY cost us a low low draft pick, he more than likely would cost the proverbial "future considerations" or "player to be named later."

...at that price if Roenick is available, I would do it. He is the type of player that would help more than he would hurt this team. If he doesn't work out, then you don't lose anyone or lose anything for next off season either...

...worth the risk (if we are dealing Lang away.) If we aren't dealing Lang, then he would be useless on the 4th line. He wouldn't get enough icetime...

He's not the JR back in the Chicago/early Phoenix days, but he's got size and isn't afraid to use the body when necessary, and skill just doesn't completely vanish from a player all of a sudden.

I wouldn't mind JR here in a limited role, 3rd line minutes or something like that.

At the very least, get him to do a little dance on the ice like that one game in LA. :P

He had heart and emotion 4 or 5 years ago. Imo should have hung up the skates after last season.

I also believe he is more of a distraction than a leader in the locker room.

I wouldn't even trade Williams or Lilja for him.

I'd give up Lilja for him. He is our 7th d-man and rarely will play when all d-men are healthy. Roenick is the type of player that could help us. He is a hard hitter and a good scorer. His main problem is he NEEDS to be surrounded by talent to score. Just like Hull and Shanahan. He also I think plays harder when his team is doing well and winning. I know thats a liability but I think he would be worth trying if we only gave up a player like Lilja or a draft pick.

Guest Crymson

No.

The notion of Roenick being a leader in the locker room is, if you don't mind my saying so, hilarious. As you probably haven't noticed, the guy is hardly the quintessential role model.

I'd give up Lilja for him. He is our 7th d-man and rarely will play when all d-men are healthy. Roenick is the type of player that could help us. He is a hard hitter and a good scorer. His main problem is he NEEDS to be surrounded by talent to score. Just like Hull and Shanahan. He also I think plays harder when his team is doing well and winning. I know thats a liability but I think he would be worth trying if we only gave up a player like Lilja or a draft pick.

Lilja is as worthless to everyone else as he is to us. Scouts from other teams see everything that we see, so they see Lilja's general laziness and carelessness.