• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Never_Retire_Steve

Hasek

Rate this topic

My god, this guy has to stop coming out 50 feet from his net. He scares the s*** out of me whenever he goes on one of his adventures. Watching tonight's game was absolutely awful and caused a landmark win streak to end.

amen brother!

I think his reaction times have dulled some and he isn't quite the same goalie on the breakaway as he used to be so I think he comes out to for the suicide dives to cover his own perceived weakness. As for the roaming, I think that comes from his being bored at seeing so few shots that he tries to get himself involved.

I think his reaction times have dulled some and he isn't quite the same goalie on the breakaway as he used to be so I think he comes out to for the suicide dives to cover his own perceived weakness. As for the roaming, I think that comes from his being bored at seeing so few shots that he tries to get himself involved.

I would tend to agree with this as I remember from olympics and highlights from his Buffalo days as almost being unbeatable on breakaways. Now it seems like he is a sub par goaltender to have in a shootout.

I would tend to agree with this as I remember from olympics and highlights from his Buffalo days as almost being unbeatable on breakaways. Now it seems like he is a sub par goaltender to have in a shootout.

good thing there are not shootouts in the playoffs huh?

Dom's antics outside the net are pure arrogance.

He's a terrible puck handler, but feels he's entitled to roam anyway because no one should have the temerity to score on his empty net when he goes wandering.

And if they DO score on his empty net....

Well then.....it's partially his Teammates fault for not supporting his decision to go for a completely unnecessary stroll.

But because he's The Dominator, people give him a pass.....as they do for many things.

GAA.

1.DOMINIK HASEK DET 2.05

2. BRODEUR, M. NJD 2.07

3. GIGUERE, J. ANA 2.22

4. BACKSTROM, N. MIN 2.28

5. MASON, C. NSH 2.31

All I've gotta say is he's getting the job done.

Edited by chelios4eva

Guest Crymson

My god, this guy has to stop coming out 50 feet from his net. He scares the s*** out of me whenever he goes on one of his adventures. Watching tonight's game was absolutely awful and caused a landmark win streak to end.

Congratulations on finding a scapegoat. I hope it works out for you. Of course, you seem to have contracted amnesia--otherwise you would remember that Hasek is one of the best goalies in the league, and has won games nearly by himself on many occasions. Amongst these was our game against Chicago. Et al. But you go, girl! Blame whomever you want--black and white works best for some people, I guess.

amen brother!

Congratulations--you finally found someone who agrees with you, thus justifying, in small part, your choice to run down the path of scapegoating.

I hope this brings you inner peace.

Hasek is not the goalie he was in Buffalo. Do you see anybody arguing with that?

FYI: I know Hasek did well in the shootout against Canada in Nagano, but be aware that shootout attempts are VERY different from breakaways.

What are you trying to say, anyway?

Dom's antics outside the net are pure arrogance.

He's a terrible puck handler, but feels he's entitled to roam anyway because no one should have the temerity to score on his empty net when he goes wandering.

And if they DO score on his empty net....

Well then.....it's partially his Teammates fault for not supporting his decision to go for a completely unnecessary stroll.

But because he's The Dominator, people give him a pass.....as they do for many things.

Yeah, it's too bad that you had to go through years of watching him make an ass of your team when he was in Buffalo.

Go back to the Island, *****.

Edited by Crymson

The dude gives me a heart attack almost roaming 20 feet away from the net. I know he's been there/done it all with a Cup, Vezinas, and all those shiny trophies, but stop pucks first and stay in your crease, and pass/play the puck second. not the other way around.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Congratulations on finding a scapegoat. I hope it works out for you. Of course, you seem to have contracted amnesia--otherwise you would remember that Hasek is one of the best goalies in the league, and has won games nearly by himself on many occasions. Amongst these was our game against Chicago. Et al. But you go, girl! Blame whomever you want--black and white works best for some people, I guess.

Congratulations--you finally found someone who agrees with you, thus justifying, in small part, your choice to run down the path of scapegoating.

I hope this brings you inner peace.

Hasek is not the goalie he was in Buffalo. Do you see anybody arguing with that?

FYI: I know Hasek did well in the shootout against Canada in Nagano, but be aware that shootout attempts are VERY different from breakaways.

What are you trying to say, anyway?

Yeah, it's too bad that you had to go through years of watching him make an ass of your team when he was in Buffalo.

Go back to the Island, *****.

Somebody's angry (again). Yikes. Calm the heck down, you're going to get a stroke. It's not worth it. :blink:

Oh i hope no one took what I said as blaming Hasek or anything. Hasek is awesome, outside of MAYBE Brodeur theres no one I would rather have in our net. Even being over 40 hasnt made him inferior, hes still an elite goalie. This thread is just another lost game thread where someone finds a scapegoat and goes on a rant about it. I was giving possible explanations for some of the things he does besides that All Hail Hasek.

Crymson and others...

You have to admit that Hasek has been getting us in some hot s*** lately because he is "bored" and that it is getting pretty rediculous. I don't give a s*** who the goalie is, if he can't handle the puck well, one of the coaches should have the balls to tell him to stop handling it. Same goes for coming out of his net to try and be a 3rd defenseman. It is just completely inexcusable for the coaching staff not to say anythign to Dom just because he is who he is. that is complete bulls*** and everyone knows Scotty wouldn've had this under a lid when he did it against Phoenix a week or two back. Nor eason Babcock should not do the same.

Guest Crymson

Somebody's angry (again). Yikes. Calm the heck down, you're going to get a stroke. It's not worth it. :blink:

Ehehe, nah-- I learned long ago how to be sharp and stay calm at the same time. Dealing with this stuff doesn't stress me out in the least.

Crymson and others...

You have to admit that Hasek has been getting us in some hot s*** lately because he is "bored" and that it is getting pretty rediculous. I don't give a s*** who the goalie is, if he can't handle the puck well, one of the coaches should have the balls to tell him to stop handling it. Same goes for coming out of his net to try and be a 3rd defenseman. It is just completely inexcusable for the coaching staff not to say anythign to Dom just because he is who he is. that is complete bulls*** and everyone knows Scotty wouldn've had this under a lid when he did it against Phoenix a week or two back. Nor eason Babcock should not do the same.

Hasek sometimes roams, and sometimes not. You'll notice that he didn't budge from the net when facing Doan's breakaway a few days back. I think he's aware of when leaving the net becomes a bad proposition. It seems that he now does it periodically; the other team is frequently off guard as a result.

In any event, people only really take notice of his roaming when BAD things happen as a result--people can't really see the goals that might not happen as a result of this behavior, unless they're obvious (such as his dive at Nash).

No goalie is perfect, but Hasek comes VERY close.

I'm sure he'll buckle down and play more conservatively once the playoffs roll around...There have definitely been a few goals this year that have been direct results of Hasek's unnecessary adventurism, but like people have said, all things considered he's been quite good. Hell, before the season started most people even didn't even expect him to make it 20 games into the year without the groin blowing out.

Crymson and others...

Yes.

We all realize what Hasek's done in the past and that he's won 6 Vezina's and he's won a gold metal.

We all understand and get it.

Being overaggresive like he is and having it bite him in the rear end every now and then, in spite of who he is and what he has accomplished, is incredibly annoying to watch when most of the time it's unnecssary to do, and ranting about it is justifiable I think. So don't come at us with "Well he's still one of the best, I'd rather have him than other goalies, I'd like to see you do what Hasek does, etc."

There was no reason IMO that Hasek had to roam away for that 3rd goal. But since I'm not Hasek and have not followed his career in depth for over a decade I've never played goalie and don't play hockey for a living, I guess I don't have an inkling of a clue what I am talking about...........

Yes.

We all realize what Hasek's done in the past and that he's won 6 Vezina's and he's won a gold metal.

We all understand and get it.

Being overaggresive like he is and having it bite him in the rear end every now and then, in spite of who he is and what he has accomplished, is incredibly annoying to watch when most of the time it's unnecssary to do, and ranting about it is justifiable I think. So don't come at us with "Well he's still one of the best, I'd rather have him than other goalies, I'd like to see you do what Hasek does, etc."

There was no reason IMO that Hasek had to roam away for that 3rd goal. But since I'm not Hasek and have not followed his career in depth for over a decade I've never played goalie and don't play hockey for a living, I guess I don't have an inkling of a clue what I am talking about...........

You just gotta take the good with the bad. Personally, I'd rather have him over aggressive than not. Like Crymson said, no one is perfect.

Side note, I am kind of new to this site, at least posting.... But anyways, what on earth does IMO mean. I always see people say it, but not sure what it means

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

Seriously, when anyone here can do anything, including play hockey as well as Hasek, then you can second guess him. Probably not until then, however. But opinions are fine, have fun if it makes you feel better to complain.

The Wings players apparently don't question his motives or his talent, nor does Babcock or anyone else in the Wings organization. So, he made a misjudgement while trying to help his team. It's nothing every other player hasn't done at one point or another. Every player makes mistakes, it's just when it's Dom that it becomes a panic-driven crisis, worthy of its own thread.

What I love is the fact that the complainers have apparently forgotten totally that Hasek was stellar just two days ago. The response to that effort was ho-hum, no big deal. But let him mis-step and the dogs are out. Wait til the playoffs and Hasek will be the difference maker, just as he was in 2002.