• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hatcher#2

Ellis Re-Called

Rate this topic

I guess anything is better than Langfeld. But...this is just another guy who will do nothing. Why not just recall Bootland...i mean really, i aint sayin' hes good or anything, but he's no worse than these bums.

I guess anything is better than Langfeld. But...this is just another guy who will do nothing. Why not just recall Bootland...i mean really, i aint sayin' hes good or anything, but he's no worse than these bums.

If you insist on having a pure fighter, why not be it somebody that can actually win fights? Bootland is a Norton clone, and since he does nothing but fight, why have him?

If you want a pure fighter, than be it somebody who can win fights. Todd Fedoruk, Jason Weimer, Andre Roy are choices that come to mind. Heck, Krzysztof Oliwa and a handful of others might still be interested in playing. Just no Bootland.

Edited by Kp-Wings

If you insist on having a pure fighter, why not be it somebody that can actually win fights? Bootland is a Norton clone, and since he does nothing but fight, why have him?

If you want a pure fighter, than be it somebody who can win fights. Todd Fedoruk, Jason Weimer, Andre Roy are choices that come to mind. Heck, Krzysztof Oliwa and a handful of others might still be interested in playing. Just no Bootland.

Bootland does nothing but fight, Ellis does nothing at all. Hmmm....tough call but i'll go with the guy who at least has 1 quality! At least you'd notice he's playing.

Im just advocating Bootland over Ellis, Langfeld, and Hussey is all. I am in no way saying i'd want him as the tough guy...theres probably 100 guys i'd want over him.

Bootland does nothing but fight, Ellis does nothing at all. Hmmm....tough call but i'll go with the guy who at least has 1 quality! At least you'd notice he's playing.

Im just advocating Bootland over Ellis, Langfeld, and Hussey is all. I am in no way saying i'd want him as the tough guy...theres probably 100 guys i'd want over him.

Langfeld isn't THAT bad. He was hustling well against Chicago. And he helped out a bit with energy last night and on Flip's goal. I mean, he's no Hank (but then again who is?) but I'm just saying he's not THAT bad. (Awaiting commentary on my profound idiocy...)

Langfeld isn't THAT bad. He was hustling well against Chicago. And he helped out a bit with energy last night and on Flip's goal. I mean, he's no Hank (but then again who is?) but I'm just saying he's not THAT bad. (Awaiting commentary on my profound idiocy...)

But he is THAT bad! He brings nothing whatsoever to the table. Every player should have a niche, something they do well...whether its being a scorer, good defender, hitter, grinder, fighter..etc. Langfeld is useless!

But he is THAT bad! He brings nothing whatsoever to the table. Every player should have a niche, something they do well...whether its being a scorer, good defender, hitter, grinder, fighter..etc. Langfeld is useless!

he's one of the few guys that actually brings energy and hustle every night. i can't say the same for booter. booter would just fight and lose and take dumb penalties.

Guest Crymson

he's one of the few guys that actually brings energy and hustle every night. i can't say the same for booter. booter would just fight and lose and take dumb penalties.

In several recent games, Langfeld has taken more than one penalty. Also, he is clumsy and bring nothing to the ice.

i'd take Ellis over Williams anyday..

put Ellis on the 4th line, move Hudler to the 2nd and bench williams

Move Hudler on 2nd line and bench Williams regardless Ellis, Langfeld, Bootland or whoever else.

I hear you. But I mean, he can keep up with Flip and Huds, right? I would rather have Langfeld there than (insert random name)...*reaching*

Ok fine...I'm over Langfeld. But he's not supposed to be first or second line material anyway. He's just there b/c of our injuries. I just don't harbor excessive hatred towards him (like Lilly :angry: ) so I can live with him there. And if I'm right (I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm not) he hasn't had any GLARING mistakes on the ice, most probably d/t his limited ice time...as opposed to Lang and Williams... <_<

Interesting...

An Injury to somebody we don't know about?

Anyways, with the Langfield criticism here...right now he's no more than a 3rd/4th liner. Maybe he'd get more PT somewhere else, who knows...

He's taken some bad penalties of late, but the last few games he's shown some pretty good jump IMO in his limited capacity.

Interesting...

An Injury to somebody we don't know about?

Anyways, with the Langfield criticism here...right now he's no more than a 3rd/4th liner. Maybe he'd get more PT somewhere else, who knows...

He's taken some bad penalties of late, but the last few games he's shown some pretty good jump IMO in his limited capacity.

agreed.

I'm not a huge Bootland fan either but he has 16g 12a and is tied for the team lead with a +9

I don't see the harm in putting him on the 4th line.

He's not a great fighter but he will at least stick up for his teammates.

I'm pragmatic. Bootland failed at TC.. but if he's been playing well in GR, why not reward him for that? He has traits the roster lacks.

and he lacks the the ability to skate...that is the main reason he hasn't made the team he is a piss poor skater and that doesn't help the team at all.

Cleary has an undisclosed lower body injury and the severity of it is unknown as well... It happened last night in OT apparently.

This may force Holland's hand in making a move if Cleary is going to be out for a while - but who knows.

Edited by SwedeLundin77

and he lacks the the ability to skate...that is the main reason he hasn't made the team he is a piss poor skater and that doesn't help the team at all.

Oh, so because Langfield can skate better he should be on the team instead,...aside from the fact he provides zero benefit to the team being in the lineup? :rolleyes:

I haven''t been all that impressed with Langfeld. I agree he was busting his butt, but that doesn't mean he's an NHL quality player.

What I don't get with him, is why he didn't try to be more physical. He really could have filled a need there. But since he wasn't hitting, scoring, agitating, or anything else, he really wasn't contributing.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Airborn

Bootland is a better skater than Ellis, so thats not the reason why he isn't given a shot. If Bootland is given a shot, he will be on the 4th line, he has 9 points in his last 5 games in the Ahl so he deserves a shot. Whats the harm. We keep on bringing up the same guys that play the same boring role, Bootland brings something different, something more entertaining.

We keep on bringing up the same guys that play the same boring role,

won't bootland have to clear waivers when we send him back down? maybe someone would grab him. ellis can come and go without having to clear. (i think)