• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hatcher#2

Ellis Re-Called

Rate this topic

won't bootland have to clear waivers when we send him back down? maybe someone would grab him. ellis can come and go without having to clear. (i think)

All of these guys had to clear waivers after training camp, so because of this they don't have to clear waivers for the rest of the season, i think thats how it works.

All of these guys had to clear waivers after training camp, so because of this they don't have to clear waivers for the rest of the season, i think thats how it works.

i'm not sure, but i don't think that's how it works. at some point, you are exposed on the waiver wire for other teams to take. just like joey mac today. we kept him all season for two reasons, one, to back up osgood so dom didn't have to dress and two, he would've been exposed and lost to someone like boston. hudler was out of chances, he had to make the team or go through waivers, i'm sure bootland is out chances as well.

where's eva or NN? they would know.

Edited by KevinD

pretty sure Ellis and Bootland are both on 2 way contracts thats why they dont have to clear waivers

pretty sure Ellis and Bootland are both on 2 way contracts thats why they dont have to clear waivers

The 2 way contract doesn't come into it i don't think, that just means that the money they make in the Nhl is different from the money they will make in the Ahl. Like just now, Ellis will make $450,000 when he is up with the Wings but he will only make $75,000 when he is in the Ahl. If Ellis was on a 1 way contract his salary would stay at $450,000 no matter what league he is in and that salary would count towards the Wings cap.

Edited by Hatcher#2

i just remember hearing out of camp that this was it for bootland. either he makes the team or he'll be exposed through waivers if he comes up. (technically, when he goes back down)

i just remember hearing out of camp that this was it for bootland. either he makes the team or he'll be exposed through waivers if he comes up. (technically, when he goes back down)

He WAS exposed to waivers at the start of the season and went unclaimed. Now whether he has to clear again probably doesnt matter, if he didnt get claimed then i dont see why he would now.

He WAS exposed to waivers at the start of the season and went unclaimed. Now whether he has to clear again probably doesnt matter, if he didnt get claimed then i dont see why he would now.

for the same reason you would want him up with the wings.

also, say columbus makes a couple more deals, needs a 4th line forward, but doesn't want to rush one of their prospects up, so they claim bootland, and finish the year with him getting 6 minutes of ice per game.

or maybe dave lewis will want him for the baby wings team he is putting together in boston.

The 2 way contract doesn't come into it i don't think, that just means that the money they make in the Nhl is different from the money they will make in the Ahl. Like just now, Ellis will make $450,000 when he is up with the Wings but he will only make $75,000 when he is in the Ahl. If Ellis was on a 1 way contract his salary would stay at $450,000 no matter what league he is in and that salary would count towards the Wings cap.

ya i know but i think it makes a difference if they have to clear waivers or not, cause i know kopecky and hudler were both on 1 way contracts this year, so they either cracked the Red Wings line up or went down to GR (we would lose both on waivers)

ya i know but i think it makes a difference if they have to clear waivers or not, cause i know kopecky and hudler were both on 1 way contracts this year, so they either cracked the Red Wings line up or went down to GR (we would lose both on waivers)

Bootland and Ellis had to clear waivers after camp in order for them to go to the Griffins. I think Holland knew that Hudler and Kopecky all ready had a spot locked up and thats why he gave them one way contracts.