• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetter is Better

Quick Question

Rate this topic

I recently baught a Chelios Mc Farlane action figure. I noticed Cheli had an A on. I was wondering when Chelios was an Asisstant Captain for us. Was it when Stevie was hurt? And what year was that???

Thanks in advance guys!

I'm pretty sure I have seen him with the A at least once. Good question.

Last year whenever Yzerman or one of the assistant capitans was out Chelios wore the A on the road and Draper wore the A at home.

And my Cheli figure one is wearing a home jearsey

by the way, the "A" stands for "alternate" not "assistant"

By the way, the is an Alternate and an asisstant, hence the two A`s

Edited by Zetter is Better

By the way, the is an Alternate and an asisstant, hence the two A`s

from wikipedia:

Teams may also designate alternate captains, who are sometimes referred to erroneously as "assistant captains". Alternate captains wear the letter A on their jerseys in the same manner that team captains wear the C. In the NHL, teams may appoint two alternate captains if they also have appointed a captain, or they may choose to appoint three alternate captains and no captain.[1] Teams need not appoint the same players as alternate captains from game to game, though they generally do. International rules stipulate that "each team shall appoint a Captain and no more than two Alternate Captains."[2] When the captain is not on the ice, any alternate captain on the ice may fulfill the captain's official role as liaison to the referees. Alternate captains perform many of the same leadership and team building roles as the captain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_(ice_hockey)

sorry.

k.