• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GuloGulo

Lupul hit video

Rate this topic

His timing was great but he got a little over-excited there. Open-ice hitting is one of his strengths (probably the biggest strength) and something that should intimidate our opponents a little bit. He just needs to keep the hits clean.

I'm going to be a hypocrite but I don't give a s*** if that was a dirty hit or not. I do not like the Oilers, I don't like all of the whining that MacTavish does and the flopping around that Roloson does.

Call this payback from the Torres hit on Williams early on, clean or not.

That's fine. Then don't complain when it happens to Zetterberg, because Lupul is like their Zetterberg (future of the franchise). It was a dirty hit, he should have been penalized. If you like hockey, you should care, because it takes a heck of a lot less talent to do that, then to be a great player. If we are "fine" with dirty hits, then the league will continue to go to s***.

I can't honestly say if his foot was on the ice. looks like it was there, but I'd have to see a better angle.

having said that: nice, tough hit. not Stevens-like, but still tough. good job

That's fine. Then don't complain when it happens to Zetterberg, because Lupul is like their Zetterberg (future of the franchise). It was a dirty hit, he should have been penalized. If you like hockey, you should care, because it takes a heck of a lot less talent to do that, then to be a great player. If we are "fine" with dirty hits, then the league will continue to go to s***.

Let's not act like it was the dirtiest hit of the century here. It would have been completely legal had he just stayed on his feet.

Uh, Lupul is not their Zetterberg, Edmonton fans don't even like Lupul so that's why there's not any uproar. Lupul is not the future of their franchise, they're putting very little stock into him.

Also, did you not watch the game? Kronwall WAS penalized for the hit. I'm not into people cheap shotting each other, but the Oilers have done their fair share of questionable hits towards us, call this their karma.

Stop acting like the Oilers have never done this 10 times over to us.

I can't honestly say if his foot was on the ice. looks like it was there, but I'd have to see a better angle.

I don't know if that second skate was touching the ice or not, but it was the upward jump and arm out that makes it a penalty.

Honestly it's that kind of hit that seems to be happening more and more the last couple seasons, and it's a bad thing.

Players keep pushing up through the hit, as opposed to just slamming the guy with their body. Because when you throw yourself up like that, you're more likely to catch someone in the head and throw an elbow, intentionally or not.

You can crush a guy with a good check without having to launch up at their head.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Heaton, I have respect for your posting, so I am going to try to explain the disagreement instead of get spittle all over my keyboard.

- I did not say that it wasn't penalized, but my comment was vague, so I get how you took it that way.

- Lupul has a lot more talent, and worth to the EDM organization than you are giving him credit for. You are right that he is not as loved as Zetts, so it was probably a bad analogy, but he is a young star for them.

- I am not acting like the Oilers have not done it 10 times before, I am acting like we should be consistent with what we condemn and what we condone. If it is fine to retaliate with cheap shots, then Dats, Zetts and Lids better have their heads up. If Kronner had done that to Torres, I have a lot less of a problem with it.

EDIT: I have not heard any uproar, so please don't throw me in that crowd. All I am saying is it is dirty, and more players are hurt with hits like that now, than ever before.

Edited by Turretin

What kind of s***ty game calling was that? The best hit of the game and you wouldn't even know it if you were just listening to the broadcast.

I like how Willy's in the corner hanging onto the back of Torres's jersey for dear life! Don't let go Willy!

Also, did you not watch the game? Kronwall WAS penalized for the hit. I'm not into people cheap shotting each other, but the Oilers have done their fair share of questionable hits towards us, call this their karma.

Stop acting like the Oilers have never done this 10 times over to us.

Exactly. Live by the sword...

- I am not acting like the Oilers have not done it 10 times before, I am acting like we should be consistent with what we condemn and what we condone. If it is fine to retaliate with cheap shots, then Dats, Zetts and Lids better have their heads up. If Kronner had done that to Torres, I have a lot less of a problem with it.

Please, the Wings could give Edmonton 5 more of those and we still wouldn't be even.

What kind of s***ty game calling was that? The best hit of the game and you wouldn't even know it if you were just listening to the broadcast.

I like how Willy's in the corner hanging onto the back of Torres's jersey for dear life! Don't let go Willy!

Exactly. Live by the sword...

I agree completely! I was actually in the other room while the game was on, only when i heard them talk about players coming together did i come sprinting to the tv. I had no idea that big a hit had even taken place till they showed the replay.

I don't know if that second skate was touching the ice or not, but it was the upward jump and arm out that makes it a penalty.

Honestly it's that kind of hit that seems to be happening more and more the last couple seasons, and it's a bad thing.

Players keep pushing up through the hit, as opposed to just slamming the guy with their body. Because when you throw yourself up like that, you're more likely to catch someone in the head and throw an elbow, intentionally or not.

You can crush a guy with a good check without having to launch up at their head.

yeah. but it's been in the league since Stevens from what I remember, and most possibly even before. you do it tough - you get penalized by the zebras and will most possibly carry a hitting marker next time you meet the team you hurt. for every crap you have to pay the price.

and frankly, id I was an Oiler fan I'd be the last person who complains about a big hit in Edmonton-Detroit game. I know some of them see Torres as the next incarnation of Dalai-Lama, but it's been their f* team who gooned us first. now they get their share of crap and instantly turn on the whining-tune... oh puhlease...

Kronwall should get his penalty, maybe even some fine from the league if they found it overly over the line, but let's not make Kronwall a cheap shot artist or demand suspensions... ;)

- Lupul has a lot more talent, and worth to the EDM organization than you are giving him credit for. You are right that he is not as loved as Zetts, so it was probably a bad analogy, but he is a young star for them.

Lupul has great talent which he showed with the Ducks. either Oilers are not using him properly or he's having some other issues. the kid has every tool to become solid forward. I like him and hope he'll be fine. yeah, I somehow feel for this kid and would definitely prefer to see Kronner picking up sh!t like Torres instead of Lupul

dito

Edited by akustyk

Even if he didn't jump, which he clearly did, Lupul still got a face full of elbow.

That said, Kronwall hits normally are not dirty. My biggest beef with Kronwall has been that he needs to pick his spots better. From what I have seen, he goes out of his way (out of position) for big hits. This wasn't necessarily the case here, but has been in the past.