• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GuloGulo

Lupul hit video

Rate this topic

:D

Somebody needs to make an avatar out of that third pic though! Blue arrows and enlarged "anatomy of a Kronwalling" words and all! This would aid greatly in deciding the truth of the matter.

"Shoulder" "Elbows in" "KRONWALLED!"

haha i love it!

Send that breakdown over to the Oilers board!

do you know the sites url?

Dont flame other people's boards, which is exactly what that would be since you plan on inciting a reaction.

i wont start anything, i'll only put it up if their is already a bord talking about the hit

I don't know if that second skate was touching the ice or not, but it was the upward jump and arm out that makes it a penalty.

Honestly it's that kind of hit that seems to be happening more and more the last couple seasons, and it's a bad thing.

Players keep pushing up through the hit, as opposed to just slamming the guy with their body. Because when you throw yourself up like that, you're more likely to catch someone in the head and throw an elbow, intentionally or not.

You can crush a guy with a good check without having to launch up at their head.

I agree about the upward momentum (hits that primarily impact the opposing players head should be a penalty or extra penalty if the hit already was illegal). But disagree about his arm being out. It was tucked in to protect his ribs on impact and he extends to push Lupul away and regain balance. There was really nowhere else for his arm to be.

Nevermind. Got reply happy before realizing there was more on page 2...

I agree about the upward momentum (hits that primarily impact the opposing players head should be a penalty or extra penalty if the hit already was illegal). But disagree about his arm being out. It was tucked in to protect his ribs on impact and he extends to push Lupul away and regain balance. There was really nowhere else for his arm to be.

Yeah, after seeing the photo stills, the arm out was from the follow through, not an elbow.

Though I think it's still it's better to keep the arms down if at all possible so it doesn't end up looking like a flying elbow, even when it isn't.

funny, torres does something similar to williams but manages to stay on his feet which sends jason off the ice in a stretcher. All around the league,....clean hit..nothing wrong with that, you hate to see it happen but keep your head up etc. etc. Kronner puts one skate up and even gives lupul more time to see him comming and it's a dirty hit,...give me a break.

Guest nutz2u

Personally I think all hits to the head should be major penalties but since it's not, I found a lot of satisfaction in watching the Oilers get back what they they dish out. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. :clap:

I'm going to be a hypocrite but I don't give a s*** if that was a dirty hit or not. I do not like the Oilers, I don't like all of the whining that MacTavish does and the flopping around that Roloson does.

Call this payback from the Torres hit on Williams early on, clean or not.

:clap: How pleasing.

Yeah , like someone mentioned this hit wasn't so dirty. I've had enough of seeing Detroit players lay off guys. And this hit is not really comparable to the one on Drury, who was completely sidestepped and didn't have much of a chance to see the hit coming. If Lupul would have been looking forward - in the direction he was moving - he would have seen the hit coming. I like to see Detroit play this sort of game against the Oil but its still a shame that Lupul was hurt. But to say a suspension is warranted just because of that is silly.