• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dustin35

osgood

Rate this topic

hes my idol and i grew up loving watching him play but it does seem like hes just lazy out there. them first 2 goals tonight were s*** now i know the last 2 he had no chance on but still just makes me mad cuz i miss the old oz. its almost like you get a feeling when the guy winds up that its going in on oz he always seems to get tip in on him. ahhh

Nothing wrong with Osgood in my mind, at least these last two games. He was spot on in Dallas recently and no bad goals or anything tonight. Needs to learn to stay in his crease a bit better, but the wandering isn't tht bad.

He didn't look lazy tonight, it was just a game between two really good teams, a fairly even game throughout, and Nashville just had one more of their chances go in. Nothing more/less.

Guest Crymson

hes my idol and i grew up loving watching him play but it does seem like hes just lazy out there. them first 2 goals tonight were s*** now i know the last 2 he had no chance on but still just makes me mad cuz i miss the old oz. its almost like you get a feeling when the guy winds up that its going in on oz he always seems to get tip in on him. ahhh

Whatever--it's over with.

them first 2 goals were very bad and this is comming from a big ozzie fan so i'm not hating on him i'm being honest. wrist shot through under his arm and he could see the shot no problem then that ugly back hand he just gave the whole side of the net for the guy to shoot at. then he does that stupid ummm its not my fault lil arm thing.

I'm kinda shocked at this thread. Osgood is anything but lazy. He's always very much into the game, very competitive, aggressive, fast and just reallly gives it his all out there.. I thought he played awesome tonight. Yeah the first two goals were bad, but on the second he was pretty much left alone with two of his guys just coming at him and not getting out of the way. I don't even know how being lazy has anything to do with the goals that were scored on him. He made an effort to save the first one but it went right under his arm. I thought he played VERY good tonight. He pretty much saved the Wings in the first and throughout most of the third. The third and OT goal were pretty much just unlucky and he had no chance at all. So yeah..nothing do with lazyness IMO. Ozzie is still the same ol Ozzie to me.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

WATCH YOUR ASS - HERE COMES HOCKEYCRAZY.....

But in all honesty, I'm not a huge Osgood fan, but he did play very well. That Kariya goal was kind of weak, and the backhand from Legwand could have been stopped, but that game wouldn't have turned out differently with Hasek in net....

for once

EDIT: DAMNIT, GIRL! Beating me to it... I was trying to be snarky

Edited by JeeSpot82

I'm a big fan of Ozzy the man, but he has always been among the worst clutch goalies that I've ever seen. Every time the game is on the line, it seems like he loses all concentration in the last 60 seconds or so of the game. I wish I had a compilation reel of every time he let in a goal with seconds left on the clock...

I need to consume a half bottle of antacids during the commercial breaks right before the last five minutes of play when the game is close and Ozzy's in the net.

WATCH YOUR ASS - HERE COMES HOCKEYCRAZY.....

But in all honesty, I'm not a huge Osgood fan, but he did play very well. That Kariya goal was kind of weak, and the backhand from Legwand could have been stopped, but that game wouldn't have turned out differently with Hasek in net....

for once

EDIT: DAMNIT, GIRL! Beating me to it... I was trying to be snarky

:lol:

them first 2 goals were very bad and this is comming from a big ozzie fan so i'm not hating on him i'm being honest. wrist shot through under his arm and he could see the shot no problem then that ugly back hand he just gave the whole side of the net for the guy to shoot at. then he does that stupid ummm its not my fault lil arm thing.

Well look at it this way... Nashville is not Chicago or Philly or even Dallas, they are a really good team and will probably win the division if we dont get a team that can do something in the playoffs. Osgood shoulda, woulda, coulda got those 2 goals but sh*t happens eh?

Osgood isn't the reason the Wings lost. Period.

The thing that gets me is some of you make it seem like NO OTHER GOALIE in the NHL gives up bad goals. OBVIOUSLY you guys don't watch a lot of hockey because if you did you'd see these exact goals game in and out. s*** happens. Get over it.

I'm no expert but I think Ozzie was our best player out there tonight. Yeah I'm a Hank slappie and he played well as usual...and Lids was great too. But Ozzie was our best. Not much doubt in my mind. I think he's the reason we were in it until the end.

wings didint loose cuz of osgood but them first 2goal were just something nhl goalies should not be letting in. and as someone said above about cluth. that is so true. i love oz but he cant win a game for you. when a teams starts to press at the end 8 out of 10 times they will score. as for playing good tonight well he didint play bad but he didint play good. he got lucky on that foresberg save. and yes he is very into the game and he has heart. but i'm a golaie and i can tell by the way he moves hes being lazy out there. ever since he got this back up tag he seems to be content with it and lost the fire he once had.

the second goal was kinda week, but the rest he had no chance on....he did excellent......the way that the wings played the score could have been worse....good job ozzie...

wings didint loose cuz of osgood but them first 2goal were just something nhl goalies should not be letting in. and as someone said above about cluth. that is so true. i love oz but he cant win a game for you. when a teams starts to press at the end 8 out of 10 times they will score. as for playing good tonight well he didint play bad but he didint play good. he got lucky on that foresberg save. and yes he is very into the game and he has heart. but i'm a golaie and i can tell by the way he moves hes being lazy out there. ever since he got this back up tag he seems to be content with it and lost the fire he once had.

didn't play good? thought they played like s*** the first period and a half...and ozzie did good, no thanks to the defense...

Osgood isn't the reason the Wings lost. Period.

The thing that gets me is some of you make it seem like NO OTHER GOALIE in the NHL gives up bad goals. OBVIOUSLY you guys don't watch a lot of hockey because if you did you'd see these exact goals game in and out. s*** happens. Get over it.

:clap:

i know how all you ozzie lovers feel i was once you always sticking up for him but in reality if he was so good why is he a back up now. isles let him go blues let him go and only reason wings got him again was cuz it was right place right time. now all of a sudden hes getting hurt every month he'll play a game and break a bone. mid to late 90's ozzie was great and ill always remeber them days and no matter what i'm still a huge ozzie fan but the truth is the truth. big games i dont ant ozzie in anymore.

Obviously Osgood was better ten years ago and he seems to be slipping now but he's still not a bad goalie. He has bad nights (especially against Edmonton, which is why I guess he didn't go last night) but he has good nights, too. We still have one of the best backups in the league and could be much worse off in that regard.

I'm no expert but I think Ozzie was our best player out there tonight. Yeah I'm a Hank slappie and he played well as usual...and Lids was great too. But Ozzie was our best. Not much doubt in my mind. I think he's the reason we were in it until the end.

He had a lot of sharp saves throughout the game. The stand out memory in my mind was that one he walled the Preds on and they had an open net right afterward... but they shot it right into him. The first save there was great.

Chris Osgood kicked ass tonight. Even with LGW mods deleting my sister post to "Jason Williams is the worst player ever ya rly." He played through it.

some saves looked really easy to us but try being on the ice...ozzie did ******* great....it could've been allot worse...he kept us in the game...i know, i was screaming his name after the 3 and 4th goal...but they were a bit tough, especially a deflection....

i know how all you ozzie lovers feel i was once you always sticking up for him but in reality if he was so good why is he a back up now. isles let him go blues let him go and only reason wings got him again was cuz it was right place right time. now all of a sudden hes getting hurt every month he'll play a game and break a bone. mid to late 90's ozzie was great and ill always remeber them days and no matter what i'm still a huge ozzie fan but the truth is the truth. big games i dont ant ozzie in anymore.

The Isles absolutely LOVED Ozzie as did their fans. He was fantastic his first year there, and the second he was injured throughout most of the season so they decided it was best to trade him and give Dipi a chance. Ozzie was also great for the Blues. Hell..he TOOK them to the playoffs by standing on his head game in and out especially when they were minus Macinnis, Pronger and Jackman in their lineup. Why did the Blues let him go? Beause WHO do the Blues NOT let go? They get a new goalie every one to two years. They are never content in net. Ever. I'm sorry you know I love ya but your posts are pretty much shocking me. I still think Ozzie's got it and I still think he's very capable of being a starter.

He had a lot of sharp saves throughout the game. The stand out memory in my mind was that one he walled the Preds on and they had an open net right afterward... but they shot it right into him. The first save there was great.

Chris Osgood kicked ass tonight. Even with LGW mods deleting my sister post to "Jason Williams is the worst player ever ya rly." He played through it.

:thumbup: to you, and Rabia.

What game were some of you watching? Osgood is lazy and he sucks. He just doesn't have it, not sure if he really ever did. I have no confidence in him at all. Everytime somebody fires one at him I think it's going in. And he's got another year on his contract, yeaaa! Well I guess we'll just have to wait until Howard reaches the minimum age of 27 for a Red Wings #1 starting goaltender. I think there too many people who see little red hearts floating around Ozzies head and aren't looking at the pucks flying past him into the net. He's done!

What game were some of you watching? Osgood is lazy and he sucks. He just doesn't have it, not sure if he really ever did. I have no confidence in him at all. Everytime somebody fires one at him I think it's going in. And he's got another year on his contract, yeaaa! Well I guess we'll just have to wait until Howard reaches the minimum age of 27 for a Red Wings #1 starting goaltender. I think there too many people who see little red hearts floating around Ozzies head and aren't looking at the pucks flying past him into the net. He's done!

More like what the hell were you watching? I guess Babcock was watching a different game too seeing as how he stated after the game that the Wings got REALLY good goaltending tonight despite the loss. But oh no..we are all wrong and you are right! Get real.

Btw, consider yourself lucky because I REALLY refrained myself from saying exactly whats on my mind towards your post.

Osgood has been known to let in some softies, it's nothing new. Remember the 1998 Playoffs?

Are you guys freaking serious with this crap? If you want to make a point I suggest you don't bring up a year in which Ozzie was GREAT and won a Cup. Uhhhh remember when after letting in some softies he totally slammed the door shut and turned the series around!

I think I know at least one person who sees those little red hearts. The Wings could have won that 1998 cup with a cardboard cutout of a goalie in net. Better yet, I bet we could have won with Cheveldae in goal. That's right, I said it. Seriously though, at best Osgood is an average goalie. If we go into the playoffs this year and for some ungodly reason have to use Osgood, there is no chance in hell we win a cup. What is Babs going to say? Our goaltending really sucked tonight, what moron brought Osgood back here? I think not. Ozzie could still be a great goaltender... in a beer league!