• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heroes of Hockeytown

Robert Lang

Rate this topic

i've been one of the many who've bashed Lang numerously over the years but i think he needs a good kick in the ass. i think he's gonna have to be big for us in the playoffs if we have any hope so maybe moving him down to the fourth line or benching him for a couple games will get him going. plus we need to put some decent players on a line with him

well he's playing with the 2 s***tiest players on the team

Williams has done far less than hulder all year

and willy still gets the minutes

Cleary has never been among our s***tiest players. Willy has been miserable but I'd still say that it's mostly Lang and his attitude that is the biggest problem at the moment.

I can see why Lang is upset, playing on a line with Williams and all. :lol:

In all seriousness though, Lang really needs to pick it up. He is so lazy out there sometimes, it's sickening. I just don't know what we can do with him right now.

I've always been a Lang supporter...I'll admit, he's not doing the best he can right now, but we also have to keep in mind that we don't know what goes on with the players 'behind the scenes' so to speak. We know Lang has done some great stuff for this team and anyone can hit a bumpy road sometimes. Maybe Zetterberg's super duper hot streak is making Lang look worse than he is (Or I could just be looking for a scapegoat ;) ).

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't sit here and say Lang (or any player) sucks and whatever without really, truly knowing the whole story.

Let the bitching commence!!! :D

Does anyone else remember the rumors a few weeks ago or a month ago (can't remember when exactly) about how Lang and Babcock don't get along. I remember reading something somewhere, and now that Lang is looking uninspired and lazy out there - well it makes me think that it has something to do with him just not wanting to be here anymore...

Although it could also be the fact that he isn't playing with the type of players he played with in Washington when he was red-hot (Jagr was one of them). Anyway, I hope that he can either pick it up, or we can trade him for a 1st round pick and a depth guy, then take that pick and try to pick up Guerin or someone with a scoring touch soon!

We need to move Filppula and Hudler up with Lang, FIlppula had like three scoring chances last night after his ice time was increased. At this point, the second line can't get any worse, it's time for some serious experimenting Babs.

Guest Crymson

Does anyone else remember the rumors a few weeks ago or a month ago (can't remember when exactly) about how Lang and Babcock don't get along. I remember reading something somewhere, and now that Lang is looking uninspired and lazy out there - well it makes me think that it has something to do with him just not wanting to be here anymore...

Although it could also be the fact that he isn't playing with the type of players he played with in Washington when he was red-hot (Jagr was one of them). Anyway, I hope that he can either pick it up, or we can trade him for a 1st round pick and a depth guy, then take that pick and try to pick up Guerin or someone with a scoring touch soon!

We need to move Filppula and Hudler up with Lang, FIlppula had like three scoring chances last night after his ice time was increased. At this point, the second line can't get any worse, it's time for some serious experimenting Babs.

Lang never regularly played on a line with Jagr.

Do you realize that when we traded for Lang, the Capitals received Tomas Fleischmann, a first-round pick in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft and a fourth-round pick in 2006. At the time Lang was the league's leading scorer.... Now look at this year and Forsberg and Tkachuk. All I can say is this year's trades so far are beyond inflated. It really is BS.

Lang never regularly played on a line with Jagr.

My bad, I'm not sure who is wingers were, but they were better than Williams and Cleary, that is for sure. I am pretty sure he centered a line with Bondra now that I remember correctly.

I think that Lang needs someone other than Williams on his line to break out of his slump, I think that a guy like Fedotenko or maybe even Bondra (i think hes a center, but we could convert him) may help and I know that Fedotenko has a habit of scoring important goals, and hes bigger than Blake (recent rumors) but close to being as fast as him. Stats-wise I'm not sure. Also Fedotenko and Bondra haven't been mentioned in many trades so maybe the Wings could pick them up at a discount price?? Then to that I would just add Fedoruk and be happy... :D

I think that Lang needs someone other than Williams on his line to break out of his slump, I think that a guy like Fedotenko or maybe even Bondra (i think hes a center, but we could convert him) may help and I know that Fedotenko has a habit of scoring important goals, and hes bigger than Blake (recent rumors) but close to being as fast as him. Stats-wise I'm not sure. Also Fedotenko and Bondra haven't been mentioned in many trades so maybe the Wings could pick them up at a discount price?? Then to that I would just add Fedoruk and be happy... :D

To follow your lead, the Wings should also trade for Ponikarovsky, Tkachuk, Zhitnik, Tverdovsky, Babchuk, Vishnevsky, Mikhnov (both of them), and Zherdev. Did I forget anybody? :)

P.S. Unfortunately, Hawerchuk, Andreychuk, and Bucyk are no longer available.

Edited by sibiriak

To follow your lead, the Wings should also trade for Ponikarovsky, Tkachuk, Zhitnik, Tverdovsky, Babchuk, Vishnevsky, Mikhnov (both of them), and Zherdev. Did I forget anybody? :)

P.S. Unfortunately, Hawerchuk, Andreychuk, and Bucyk are no longer available.

Denis Shvidki.

I think he's pretty much given up on the NHL though.

I agree. He'll be there in the playoffs.

He may be one of the only ones, too.

Oh for sure he will show up if he is not traded

but he won't be there getting any points or showing interest

Guest Crymson

Do you realize that when we traded for Lang, the Capitals received Tomas Fleischmann, a first-round pick in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft and a fourth-round pick in 2006. At the time Lang was the league's leading scorer.... Now look at this year and Forsberg and Tkachuk. All I can say is this year's trades so far are beyond inflated. It really is BS.

My bad, I'm not sure who is wingers were, but they were better than Williams and Cleary, that is for sure. I am pretty sure he centered a line with Bondra now that I remember correctly.

I totally agree with the first section of your post.

As for the second--indeed, Lang has had better wingers in the past. However, recall that he and Cleary were the BEST duo on the team for the first part of the season. I think Lang is entirely to blame here.

It seems like the overwhelming coaching move on this board is a kick in the ass. I am not sure he needs that as much as a good winger (as many have already stated). Lang is too set, and too slef-confident to have a demotion get him back into gear. Right now, we need to pull him back into the team by giving him some talent to play with. Try Flip and Hudler on the wings. Anything. I think demoting him would really screw us for the playoffs.

Guest Crymson

Its Babcock , Lang will continue to play , babcock is AFraid to sctrach him , and wont put him on the 4th line , what he needs to do is Try Hudler-Williams-Fillpula , but he wont , because hes babcock

Dude--you know nothing about Babcock's daily workings. Don't presume to act as if you know exactly what he's thinking, or exactly how he feels about anything. You have no idea of the intricacies of coaching in the NHL. I guarantee you Babcock can coach the team better than you can.

Edited by Crymson

Dude--you know nothing about Babcock's daily workings. Don't presume to act as if you know exactly what he's thinking, or exactly how he feels about anything. You have no idea of the intricacies of coaching in the NHL. I guarantee you Babcock can coach the team better than you can.

While I dont know about Babcocks daily working (Damn your a smart typer) , He's predictable , be it who he uses in shootouts , or the way he handles the goalies , I jsut dont like his coaching style.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

HofH - I know that took a lot out of you to post this thread, as inevitable as it may be. But yeah...Lang...what can I say? It's like he doesn't even WANT to play. I hope everything's ok in his personal life and he's not secretly injured.

Like maybe he suffers from a broken heart and only the loving prose of HoH can heal his wounded bloodpump? *sniff* TAKE HIM BACK HOH! He's standing under your window holding a boombox over his head that's playing a sweet, sweet love ballad.

Ahh, Crymson- he's Detroit's Number 1 Fan for Christ's sake! Give him a break- he's at least worked his ass off to obtain his number 1 status.

Guest Crymson

While I dont know about Babcocks daily working (Damn your a smart typer) , He's predictable , be it who he uses in shootouts , or the way he handles the goalies , I jsut dont like his coaching style.

Do you mean the coaching style that has achieved the Red Wings a 75% victory rate over the last two years, plus the lowest amount of shots allowed and third-lowest total of goals allowed this year?

Dude, seriously--give me a break. The guy might have a few shortcomings, but his good qualities are much more numerous. Please appreciate the good he does also.

Edited by Crymson