• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heroes of Hockeytown

Robert Lang

Rate this topic

So, what to do with this bum? When he was actually playing well the retard rodeo was still in town bagging on him, but now he's just been just as horrible as Willy lately, if not worse.

His trade value really is nil if you ask me. Playing like ass, old, UFA, etc. A good benching is the only line of recourse I can envision.

And for what it's worth, deep within my heart I still believe he can turn it up in the playoffs. That doesn't forgive this absolutely disgraceful hockey he's been playing, but it's something.

Uhm, hello? What are you, some kinda *******?

Guest MrSandMan

Despite his first big game in what... the last 18 games, I'm still not impressed with his lack of urgency and sub-par enthusiasm.

Even Mickey Redmond pointed out all the turn overs and sloppy plays he made just tonight alone.

Even with his 4 pts tonight, he's still a -9 for his last 27 games.

He'll always be on the hot seat as long as he's a liability for the team.

Edited by MrSandMan

lang is not lazy like someone mentioned before cleary and williams both cant finish off plays ... lang is a good player ... but i still dont want to re-sign him next year for the following reasons : cap , gettin old , hudler and filp can do way more with his ice time

Edited by KrazyGangsta

Maybe a goal and 3 assists will get his ass working hard again!

I say: he just needs to get decked again. It worked once, it can work again!

Obviously it's how things work in Bobby's head: Violence solves everything.

Guest MrSandMan

lang is not lazy like someone mentioned before cleary and williams both cant finish off plays ... lang is a good player ... but i still dont want to re-sign him next year for the following reasons : cap , gettin old , hudler and filp can do way more with his ice time

I don't know who you're watching, but Lang is #20.

#20 is the guy who is always standing around picking his ass and sniffing his fingers.

How can you miss it?

I've never saw a NHL hockey player as lazy as him.

EDIT: Lang's contract is done after this. Hope Holland does the right thing and signs Calder and locks Dats up to a long term deal.

Edited by MrSandMan

#20 is the guy who is always standing around picking his ass and sniffing his fingers.

How can you miss it?

EDIT: Lang's contract is done after this. Hope Holland does the right thing and signs Calder and locks Dats up to a long term deal.

I think you're the first musician I've met inspired by Nickelback.

Guest MrSandMan

I think you're the first musician I've met inspired by Nickelback.

Har-Har-Har!

Wanna buy our CD?

How can you miss it?

for the past 2 playoffs lang was our best player ... and im not saying his the best player on the roster now ... im with you guys with letting this guy go ... but only for his age and cap issues ... not that i dont want this guy on this team ... but i know that hudler and filppula can play better then him

Edited by KrazyGangsta

for the past 2 playoffs lang was our best player ... and im not saying his the best player on the roster now ... im with you guys with letting this guy go ... but only for his age and cap issues ... not that i dont want this guy on this team ... but i know that hudler and filppula can play better then him
Lang may have put up a few points against Edmonton, but IMO Zetterberg, Franzen and Cleary were BY FAR the Wings best forwards in that series. You're right about the year before though...Lang was outstanding. Too bad we havent seen that Lang for almost 3 years now.

Guest MrSandMan

He was a fine player for the past two post-seasons... (which isn't saying much) I think Yzerman was more of a presence on the ice last yr than Langster.

On a team like Detroit, Lang should easily produce 70-80 pts consistently.

I knew from the day we acquired Lang that he'd be nothing more than a high salary bad investment. But he's on our roster now, lets just hope for the best for this post-season.

Edited by MrSandMan

come on you think datsyuk or zetterberg would be producing with wingers like cleary ... no offense but cleary or wiliams are not 2nd line wingers ... on a team like this now that calder is here look @ lang improving ... and franzen is providing him with some gritness ... wait till bertuzzi gets on that line

Guest MrSandMan

come on you think datsyuk or zetterberg would be producing with wingers like cleary

Yes, far more than 14 goals and 22 assists in 63 games, easily!

That's kind of a moronic statement.

Don't compare a hard working consistent player to Lang, that's a disgrace!

its not like datsyuk or zetterberg were doing that great ... beggining season also ... deos that make them lazy also ??? im just sayin ... put cleary zetterberg/datsyuk wiliams ... you would probably have simillar results ...

anyways i honnestly dont care about season performance ... its the playoffs that count ... datsyuk was probably our best player in the season ... and for some reason lang contributed more in the playoffs (wow lazy) if it wasnt for lang we would of probably lost to nashville 2 years ago

Guest MrSandMan

its not like datsyuk or zetterberg were doing that great ... beggining season also ... deos that make them lazy also ??? im just sayin ... put cleary zetterberg/datsyuk wiliams ... you would probably have simillar results ...

I guess this is a subjective theory, but I believe Zetterberg and Dats can make anyone a better player and produce, regardless.

They're just better together, contraversially the best and hottest line in NHL. Regardless if the 2nd line wasn't producing with Williams / Lang, Babcock can't split that #1 top 'hot' line up.

So we're stuck with a subjective theory.

Edited by MrSandMan

I guess this is a subjective theory, but I believe Zetterberg and Dats can make anyone a better player and produce, regardless.

They're just better together, contraversially the best and hottest line in NHL. Regardless if the 2nd line wasn't producing with Williams / Lang, Babcock can't split that #1 top 'hot' line up.

So we're stuck with a subjective theory.

at least we both agree on 1 thing ... that he shouldnt be re-signed next year lol :lol:

He was a fine player for the past two post-seasons... (which isn't saying much) I think Yzerman was more of a presence on the ice last yr than Langster.

On a team like Detroit, Lang should easily produce 70-80 pts consistently.

I knew from the day we acquired Lang that he'd be nothing more than a high salary bad investment. But he's on our roster now, lets just hope for the best for this post-season.

Lang was playing with Williams and Cleary most of this season, and played with Williams most of last year too. Both of those guys had career years playing with Lang.

As far as Lang scoring 70-80 points consistently...I see exacly zero second line centers on pace to score 80 points this season. In fact, I see a few first line centers who aren't, also. Combine that with the fact that Lang has had third line wingers all season, and you can't seriously expect Lang to score 80 points.

As far as last season, Lang played the majority of his time on a third line with Williams and Yzerman. Find me another third line center that scored as well as Lang did last season (62 points!), or any season. If you think he should score 80 points on the third line, you are crazy.