• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heroes of Hockeytown

Robert Lang

Rate this topic

Looks like the New 2nd line has some chemistry, hope Babcock doesn't break that line up.

I was thinking this last night.

Calder/Lang/Franzen seems to be working really well.

Filppula and Hudler both showed chemistry with Dats.

So my thought goes like this as something I would like to see Babcock try:

Filppula/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Hudler/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Calder/Lang/Franzen

Maltby/Draper/Cleary

Hudler/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Calder/Lang/Franzen

Maltby/Draper/Cleary

i like that line up ... but you think it would be good to break the zetterberg datsuk holmstrom line up??? it was the hottest line ...

Hudler/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Calder/Lang/Franzen

Maltby/Draper/Cleary

Those lines look pretty Ideal, the only thing I wonder is where Sammy fits in once he gets back..

i like that line up ... but you think it would be good to break the zetterberg datsuk holmstrom line up??? it was the hottest line ...

Datsyuk looked pretty good with the kids last night...and If Z has Homer and one of the kids I don't think he'd lose terribly much. That lineup gives us three good scoring lines...very hard to stop that.

IMO Datsyuk and Zetterberg needed each other to jump start the other's game....now I'm pretty confident both are playing at a level where you can break them up and they'll still dominate, as was the case last season. I'm still in favor of keeping those two together with Homer, but if Babcock decided to break them up I would be upset.

I doubt Mike will mess with the top line unless they suddenly become unproductive (or if he's just goofing with lines mid-game to get things going).

I bet Sammy and Bert line up alongside Lang when they get healthy, with Calder and 'Stein demoted to Flips line. Mix and match the rest; Rex will sit and watch.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

I think you're the first musician I've met inspired by Nickelback.

Ughh Nickelback is horrible, they can't even make original music anymore, it just melts into the rest of the popular rock genre. Anyway, Lang wasn't much different last season and look what he did in the playoffs. I am willing to see what he can do, but I would agree that he is gone after this season, we could take his 3.8 million and get a potent goal-scorer.

Hudler/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Calder/Lang/Franzen

Maltby/Draper/Cleary

I would liek to see that too. But i highly doubt Babcock will put Filppula and Hudler on his first 2 lines. But i really like the potential out of the top three lines.

What upsets me is the fact that Franzen who has done everything the Wings have asked of him, and has sparked some life into the second line along with Calder, will be asked to drop down to the fourth line or be a healthy scratch when the playoffs start. That doesn't seem fair to me. I am glad we didn't get Nolan when you realize how much of a logjam we could end up having.

Hudler/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Calder/Lang/Franzen

Maltby/Draper/Cleary

Those lines look pretty good, seems like the Calder/Lang/Franzen line is really working well together so far.

Guest MrSandMan

Ughh Nickelback is horrible, they can't even make original music anymore, it just melts into the rest of the popular rock genre. Anyway, Lang wasn't much different last season and look what he did in the playoffs. I am willing to see what he can do, but I would agree that he is gone after this season, we could take his 3.8 million and get a potent goal-scorer.

We won't get a potent goal-scorer with Langs $3.8. More than likely Holland will need to use some of that fund to try to resign Dats, and Calder (if he plays well).

If Bert does well here and is healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if Holland shoots him a reasonable offer.

Langs salary will only go towards resigning and depth, nothing more.

Not to mention Detroit will be playing more youth next year as well. Hudler and Fillupa will get tons more ice time, Ellis may crack the line-up. ...and what about that Grikekico (sp?) kid? He's suppose to have great talent.

Har-Har-Har!

Wanna buy our CD?

Nah, metal ain't my thing, and forgive me for saying so, but it's hard for me personally as a musician and songwriter to take someone who's into Nickelback seriously...grunge pop??????? Agh...I can't tell you how fast my reflexes are when switching the station the second stuff like that comes on...talk about a trend that I can't wait to see fly out the window. I'd rather have boybands back. Atleast they make sense. Grunge/pop is oxymoronic.

Edited by gcom007

We won't get a potent goal-scorer with Langs $3.8. More than likely Holland will need to use some of that fund to try to resign Dats, and Calder (if he plays well).

If Bert does well here and is healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if Holland shoots him a reasonable offer.

Not to mention Detroit will be playing more youth next year as well. Hudler and Fillupa will get tons more ice time, Ellis may crack the line-up. ...and what about that Grikekico (sp?) kid? He's suppose to have great talent.

You know alot of what will happen will be tied to how close we get to a cup. If we win one, I wouldn't be surprised to see a youth movement. If we get close we might resign Bert or make a move to arm up for another run. If we lose first round or second, it will be hard to tell. I do know that Pavel will most likely cost the kinda money that will be prohibitive to getting a major top six upgrade. I am okay with it though in the short run, as Franzen and Filppula are most likely second liners.

3.8 million for Lang is not happening again, but Babs seems to be loyal to him for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if we keep him for the 2 million range, but it is unlikely for sure.

You can't say that with full confidence. Yes we may re-sign Bert, and we may re-sign Calder. I highly doubt it, but there is a chance the Schneider and Markov could be gone. Remember, this is the offseason that Holland has said he was waiting for because there will be some good talent available. We will re-sign Datsyuk for sure, but other than him, nothing else is set in stone, so while we have Hudler and Filppula taking on larger roles (and I'm not sold yet on whether Hudler will be here still next season) we still have the opportunity to add a goal-scorer if Lang is outta here. Datsyuk should get about 1 to 1.5 million more (hopefully nothing more than that) and Schnedier will make the same at most if he is re-signed, same with Markov. That still leaves us cap room. We will have room to add a goal-scorer.

You can't say that with full confidence. Yes we may re-sign Bert, and we may re-sign Calder. I highly doubt it, but there is a chance the Schneider and Markov could be gone. Remember, this is the offseason that Holland has said he was waiting for because there will be some good talent available. We will re-sign Datsyuk for sure, but other than him, nothing else is set in stone, so while we have Hudler and Filppula taking on larger roles (and I'm not sold yet on whether Hudler will be here still next season) we still have the opportunity to add a goal-scorer if Lang is outta here. Datsyuk should get about 1 to 1.5 million more (hopefully nothing more than that) and Schnedier will make the same at most if he is re-signed, same with Markov. That still leaves us cap room. We will have room to add a goal-scorer.

bert and dats will be re-signed ... we finnally get our hands on GRITTY BIG STRONG player ... we wont let him go

Guest MrSandMan

Nah, metal ain't my thing, and forgive me for saying so, but it's hard for me personally as a musician and songwriter to take someone who's into Nickelback seriously...grunge pop??????? Agh...I can't tell you how fast my reflexes are when switching the station the second stuff like that comes on...talk about a trend that I can't wait to see fly out the window. I'd rather have boybands back. Atleast they make sense. Grunge/pop is oxymoronic.

Where are you getting that I like Nickleback? I just checked my bands profile and nobody listed it there. Really, I'm not a fan of Nickleback.. but don't mind some of their music either.

bert and dats will be re-signed ... we finnally get our hands on GRITTY BIG STRONG player ... we wont let him go

C

Cant say bert will be wanted here. He may try to pull a uwe krupp.