90 replies to this topic

#41 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:44 PM

nm

Edited by Kp-Wings, 25 February 2007 - 06:45 PM.

#42 Turretin

Turretin

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:12 PM

It seems like the overwhelming coaching move on this board is a kick in the ass. I am not sure he needs that as much as a good winger (as many have already stated). Lang is too set, and too slef-confident to have a demotion get him back into gear. Right now, we need to pull him back into the team by giving him some talent to play with. Try Flip and Hudler on the wings. Anything. I think demoting him would really screw us for the playoffs.
"Those 'technicalities' have a name, Bobby. They're called the Bill of Rights."
-Hank Hill

#43 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(Detroit # 1 Fan @ February 25, 2007 - 04:42PM) View Post

Its Babcock , Lang will continue to play , babcock is AFraid to sctrach him , and wont put him on the 4th line , what he needs to do is Try Hudler-Williams-Fillpula , but he wont , because hes babcock

Dude--you know nothing about Babcock's daily workings. Don't presume to act as if you know exactly what he's thinking, or exactly how he feels about anything. You have no idea of the intricacies of coaching in the NHL. I guarantee you Babcock can coach the team better than you can.

Edited by Crymson, 25 February 2007 - 07:28 PM.

#44 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(Crymson @ February 25, 2007 - 08:57PM) View Post

Dude--you know nothing about Babcock's daily workings. Don't presume to act as if you know exactly what he's thinking, or exactly how he feels about anything. You have no idea of the intricacies of coaching in the NHL. I guarantee you Babcock can coach the team better than you can.

While I dont know about Babcocks daily working (Damn your a smart typer) , He's predictable , be it who he uses in shootouts , or the way he handles the goalies , I jsut dont like his coaching style.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 25 February 2007 - 07:31 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#45 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ February 25, 2007 - 12:55AM) View Post

HofH - I know that took a lot out of you to post this thread, as inevitable as it may be. But yeah...Lang...what can I say? It's like he doesn't even WANT to play. I hope everything's ok in his personal life and he's not secretly injured.

Like maybe he suffers from a broken heart and only the loving prose of HoH can heal his wounded bloodpump? *sniff* TAKE HIM BACK HOH! He's standing under your window holding a boombox over his head that's playing a sweet, sweet love ballad.

QUOTE(Crymson @ February 25, 2007 - 08:27PM) View Post

Ahh, Crymson- he's Detroit's Number 1 Fan for Christ's sake! Give him a break- he's at least worked his ass off to obtain his number 1 status.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#46 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(Drake_Marcus @ February 25, 2007 - 09:36PM) View Post

Ahh, Crymson- he's Detroit's Number 1 Fan for Christ's sake! Give him a break- he's at least worked his ass off to obtain his number 1 status.

laugh.gif

#NOMOREKINDL

#47 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(Detroit # 1 Fan @ February 25, 2007 - 05:30PM) View Post

While I dont know about Babcocks daily working (Damn your a smart typer) , He's predictable , be it who he uses in shootouts , or the way he handles the goalies , I jsut dont like his coaching style.

Do you mean the coaching style that has achieved the Red Wings a 75% victory rate over the last two years, plus the lowest amount of shots allowed and third-lowest total of goals allowed this year?

Dude, seriously--give me a break. The guy might have a few shortcomings, but his good qualities are much more numerous. Please appreciate the good he does also.

Edited by Crymson, 25 February 2007 - 08:47 PM.

#48 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(MrSandMan @ February 25, 2007 - 08:21PM) View Post

2nd highest paid foward (I think) on the team and is as valuable as the water boy.

Ouch- that's a rough call on the waterboy, watch it again to make sure:
The Waterboy!

Edited by Drake_Marcus, 25 February 2007 - 09:04 PM.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#49 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE(Zetter is Better @ February 25, 2007 - 08:30AM) View Post

You do know that "The Final Solution" is what Hitler called it when he gased the Jews. Very innapropriate. tongue.gif

I know, it's awful. But it just struck me as I was typing it to stick it in there. I'm never one to doubt intuition.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#50 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

I remember when Lang first arrived in Detroit. He was one of the leaders in NHL scoring and in his first game he had 3 assists against the Flyers. How things have changed…

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#51 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:19 PM

So, what to do with this bum? When he was actually playing well the retard rodeo was still in town bagging on him, but now he's just been just as horrible as Willy lately, if not worse.

His trade value really is nil if you ask me. Playing like ass, old, UFA, etc. A good benching is the only line of recourse I can envision.

And for what it's worth, deep within my heart I still believe he can turn it up in the playoffs. That doesn't forgive this absolutely disgraceful hockey he's been playing, but it's something.

Uhm, hello? What are you, some kinda *******?
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#52 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ March 2, 2007 - 10:19PM) View Post

Uhm, hello? What are you, some kinda *******?

laugh.gif

#53 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:45 PM

Good to see Langer with the 4 points tonight thumbup.gif. It's been a while since, "He's So Fine" was played at The Joe.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#54 Offspring2099

Offspring2099

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:13 PM

I think Lang is back, sometimes it takes a crap goal.
IPB Image

#55 MrSandMan

MrSandMan

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:03 AM

Despite his first big game in what... the last 18 games, I'm still not impressed with his lack of urgency and sub-par enthusiasm.

Even Mickey Redmond pointed out all the turn overs and sloppy plays he made just tonight alone.

Even with his 4 pts tonight, he's still a -9 for his last 27 games.

He'll always be on the hot seat as long as he's a liability for the team.

Edited by MrSandMan, 03 March 2007 - 12:03 AM.

X X X X - X X X X - X X O O - O O O O

The road to the Stanley Cup runs thru HockeyTown!

Show no mercy, leave no doubt!

#56 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:34 AM

Maybe a goal and 3 assists will get his ass working hard again!

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#57 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:16 AM

Lang is a very smart hockey player, he is rarely out of position. It was just a matter of time before it paid off for him.

Edited by Salviaman, 03 March 2007 - 02:17 AM.

Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#58 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:21 AM

lang is not lazy like someone mentioned before cleary and williams both cant finish off plays ... lang is a good player ... but i still dont want to re-sign him next year for the following reasons : cap , gettin old , hudler and filp can do way more with his ice time

Edited by KrazyGangsta, 03 March 2007 - 02:22 AM.

#59 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE(Hiei @ March 3, 2007 - 12:34AM) View Post

Maybe a goal and 3 assists will get his ass working hard again!

I say: he just needs to get decked again. It worked once, it can work again!

Obviously it's how things work in Bobby's head: Violence solves everything.

No, it's definitely excitement.

#60 MrSandMan

MrSandMan

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE(KrazyGangsta @ March 3, 2007 - 02:21AM) View Post

lang is not lazy like someone mentioned before cleary and williams both cant finish off plays ... lang is a good player ... but i still dont want to re-sign him next year for the following reasons : cap , gettin old , hudler and filp can do way more with his ice time

I don't know who you're watching, but Lang is #20.

#20 is the guy who is always standing around picking his ass and sniffing his fingers.

How can you miss it?

I've never saw a NHL hockey player as lazy as him.

EDIT: Lang's contract is done after this. Hope Holland does the right thing and signs Calder and locks Dats up to a long term deal.

Edited by MrSandMan, 03 March 2007 - 06:24 AM.

X X X X - X X X X - X X O O - O O O O

The road to the Stanley Cup runs thru HockeyTown!

Show no mercy, leave no doubt!