• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

New Canucks Uniforms Next Season

Rate this topic

Whoa, Someone just called the Bure days Super old.

Boy does that make me feel old. and i'm only 22

I hated when they changed to the orca or whatever, to reflect the corporation that bought them. I liked the 90's jersey, and I even like the yellow ones from the 80's. so ugly, they were Awesome. I bought the retro version as soon as it came out, and whenever i go downtown (Windsor) wearing it, I always get stopped by a Canucks fan.

I like the New Jersey's comming out, ever since they brought back the 70's style a couple years ago, the fans have been demanding more of it.

I think the Canucks did a WAAY better job at getting back to their roots, while updating, than the Nashville Slugs, I mean Buffalo Sabres did

I personally liked these jerseys the best:

IPB Image

The old home whites were especially good.

Yeah! These were my favorite Canuck jerseys. The new white one is good looking too... but nothing quite beat the "white/gold/orange (ugh, but the rest was fine)".

For some reason I'm not digging the new Reebok vertical designs though. And the new Hartford Whalers colors... I'd pass on, even though yeah, these guys had them back in the day too. They aren't all that impressive, not quite like those from the Bure days, but I've heard some people say they thought those were downright ugly. On that note.. I miss Bure. Everyone misses Bure.

Edited by Flip-check

"the worst logo in the NHL next to the Ducks "Tiny Word" logo (if they would just change it to the duck foot alone)."

i could not agree more regarding the DUCKS logo! just the "D" foot thing would be awesome.

as for this CANUCKS jersey, i love the colors but never really a fan or the rink and stick logo but the home jersey i like MINUS the "johnny canuck" guy in the middle of it...maybe if they just went with rink and stick in the center of the circle i would like it a lot. ya know like the WILD 3rd jersey.

i have a CANUCKS orca third jersey from a few years back with the fade design from dark to red ish whatever.

brand new with tags still on it at a thrift store for 5 bucks. also found a STARS jersey for 7 and a BLACKHAWKS jersey for 3. there was also a DUCKS (old) jersey for 6 bucks, passed on that ugly bastard.

wow i totally went off subject, yeah those CANUCKS jerseys are not bad, could be better but not bad.

D-

"the worst logo in the NHL next to the Ducks "Tiny Word" logo (if they would just change it to the duck foot alone)."

i could not agree more regarding the DUCKS logo! just the "D" foot thing would be awesome.

Like this?

IPB Image

I honestly don't know about it though. The team name spelled on front reminds me of the Rangers or Pittsburgh--and I like that association for a team that's way out in Anaheim California.

IPB Image

It also strikes me as being just better looking than a big duck foot. I'd half expect to see, instead of the duck goaliemask mascot coming out, a duck with a cape under the name of "SUPER DUCK!" That really is just me though. I think.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

From cyberbuzz:

IPB Image

IPB Image

I like them. They're an improvement over their current jerseys, IMO.

Beautiful looking jerseys. Great color. The dark jerseys have a touch of old school flair to them with that full team name logo. The whites are nice and clean and simple. My only complaint would be that the single stick design is maybe to simplistic. Might have been better as their 3rd jersey logo and maybe stuck to the same logo as the dark ones. Either way I love 'em because seriously, WTF is that thing that's currently on their jerseys? I've never figured it out. Is it a shark? A shark jumping out of a blue-ish half, C shaped thingy??? Maybe since i'm not from Canada I don't get it but whatever, I just don't get it. I do know ugly though when I see it and these ******* are ugly. I've always hated them and the silver stripes.

Good decision, these are nice.

As for the Buffalo uni's, they are growing on me. I sorta like the number on the front of the jersey, neat twist. The buffaslug is still ugly as sin and when the bust out the retro 3rd jersey's there is no comparison. Those old blue and gold's are one of the greatest uni's in sports histroy. Classic. But the new ones aren't as bad as I thought originally.

Seems to be a really mixed reaction to these. More so than most new looks.

Personally I think the Canucks would have been a really good candidate to do a stylized VC logo, similar to what you might see on a baseball cap. Right now what they've got is a 70's logo, a 20's style logo, all slapped onto an Rbk jersey with 21st-century faddish striping patterns. You can't just slap old logos on new patterns and call it old-school.

Right now what they've got is a 70's logo, a 20's style logo, all slapped onto an Rbk jersey with 21st-century faddish striping patterns. You can't just slap old logos on new patterns and call it old-school.

no s***. i don't know what the problem would be with horizontal stripes. they've worked for a hundred years. why try to change now?

Beautiful looking jerseys. Great color. The dark jerseys have a touch of old school flair to them with that full team name logo. The whites are nice and clean and simple. My only complaint would be that the single stick design is maybe to simplistic. Might have been better as their 3rd jersey logo and maybe stuck to the same logo as the dark ones. Either way I love 'em because seriously, WTF is that thing that's currently on their jerseys? I've never figured it out. Is it a shark? A shark jumping out of a blue-ish half, C shaped thingy??? Maybe since i'm not from Canada I don't get it but whatever, I just don't get it. I do know ugly though when I see it and these ******* are ugly. I've always hated them and the silver stripes.

Good decision, these are nice.

As for the Buffalo uni's, they are growing on me. I sorta like the number on the front of the jersey, neat twist. The buffaslug is still ugly as sin and when the bust out the retro 3rd jersey's there is no comparison. Those old blue and gold's are one of the greatest uni's in sports histroy. Classic. But the new ones aren't as bad as I thought originally.

If you all take a closer look at the stick in the rink logo, you'll see that it is really the letter C. And that stands for.......Canuck. I never knew that till a month ago when one of my sons pointed it out.