• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rice

Wings making progress with Datsyuk

Rate this topic

Bob Duff:

It was expected that the contract negotiations between the Wings and impending free agent Datsyuk would be acrimonious, but word for Wings sources is that the two sides are making process and they might agree to terms prior to the conclusion of the season

Wow that blog is impossible to read. :lol:

It's good to hear the Wings and Datsyuk are making progress. Holland better not put too much money into him though, because if Datsyuk flops in the playoffs again it could come back to bite Holland in the ass.

Guest Tunbo Batman

id like to keep the guy here another 7-8 years.

just sign him a nice 4M contract with tons and tons of playoff bonuses.

Was this part of the new contract with the NHLPA or just your personla thoughts? If it was the contract, what was the purpose?

It's part of the new CBA.

The purpose is to stop GMs from signing guys to reasonable deals, then loading up the price by adding on incentives. And with the new CBA, even bonus money hits the cap number.

I hope this points to one thing....SIGN AND TRADE.

His Houdini act in the playoffs isnt getting it done for me.

*sob* Why won't people use there brains here? Just because a player's failed to meet playoff expectations two years in a row doesn't mean they'll slup forever. Moreover, the regular season is the lions share of games people- and Dats has a HUGE impact on those games. Does playoff performance matter? Of course! But it takes wins to get to the playoffs too.

Guest LivingtheDream

No bonuses for players under 35.

Wow, that is good to know. Thank you for telling us this. Too bad because that would be the perfect fair deal for Datsyuk.

Wow, that is good to know. Thank you for telling us this. Too bad because that would be the perfect fair deal for Datsyuk.

Why? The bonus money still counts against the cap.

Why? The bonus money still counts against the cap.

It would be a fair deal for Datsyuk because he could be signed for cheaper and only get what he thinks he deserves if he does show up in the playoffs.....

It would be a fair deal for Datsyuk because he could be signed for cheaper and only get what he thinks he deserves if he does show up in the playoffs.....

Right, but why does that matter? He'd still be taking the same amount of cap space.

Right, but why does that matter? He'd still be taking the same amount of cap space.

Indeed he would if he does perform in the playoffs, and would subsequently deserve the hit he would take on the cap....

However, if he continues to no-show like many are convinced he will do (I'm not one of them), then we would merely be paying for his regular season dangles and the hope that he will then earn his bonuses in the post-season....

*this is all merely hypothetical anyways as it has already been shown that he doesn't qualify for bonuses.....

I hope this points to one thing....SIGN AND TRADE.

His Houdini act in the playoffs isnt getting it done for me.

For who??? Why would we want another team's $5 - $6 million garbage that they want to get rid of.

I'd like to see him produce in this playoff too but we'll just have to give him a chance.

He's 28.

That is what I initially thought, but then I was reading the no playoff bonuses for players under 25, and was curious as to how that would effect Dats. However I just reread that it says no playoff bonuses for players under 35. my mistake