• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rice

Wings making progress with Datsyuk

Rate this topic

I hope that it is a reasonable deal that is for 3-4 years at about 5 million a year.

that would be nice. let's hope kenny isn't getting over-zealous because the dats z line has been producing like crazy. i wouldn't want to pay over 5. especially before we see what he does in the playoffs this year.

I'd be extremely surprised if we were able to sign Dats for anything lower than $6 million a year.

Reason being, his agent knows that a number of other teams would gladly fork over that kind of money for his services.

That being said, I would love to see Pavel back here for $6M a year. Sure he didn't perform in last years playoffs, but he wasn't 100% either. And in past playoffs, he was never considered one of our go to guys, hense didn't get prime minutes. So before we go and label him a playoff bust, let's give him at least an other chance. =)

I think datsyuk not worth more than $5 mil. If you look at Marc Savard, he has put up pretty good numbers since he was traded to atlanta a few yrs ago. He signed with boston at $5 mil per, and if you look at it, their stats are very identical last few years. IMO, he's a pretty good measuring stick.

Edited by Mighty Wings

Bob Duff:

Wow that blog is impossible to read. :lol:

It's good to hear the Wings and Datsyuk are making progress. Holland better not put too much money into him though, because if Datsyuk flops in the playoffs again it could come back to bite Holland in the ass.

Awesome. Now Datsyuk will have zero incentive to peform in the playoffs.

I wish Holland would stop handing out fat raises for regular season accolades. If anything, this is the reason the players are getting the wrong message. He's treating the Presidents Trophy like the Stanley Cup.

We're already choking on Williams, Liejla and Samuelsson's contracts. What happens if we give Datsyuk $6 mil and he ends up putting another goosegg on the board? We'll be saddled with a playoff bomb for how many years?

Awesome. Now Datsyuk will have zero incentive to peform in the playoffs.

It won't matter, he'd either produce this year or he won't. Let's say we wait, and the motivation for the contract propels him to average 2 pts a game and we win the cup. What happens in the next few years of his contract when he has no incentive?

He's going to play the same now matter what.

It won't matter, he'd either produce this year or he won't. Let's say we wait, and the motivation for the contract propels him to average 2 pts a game and we win the cup. What happens in the next few years of his contract when he has no incentive?

He's going to play the same now matter what.

One good playoff is better than none.

But I see your point. I still think it's in both parties interest to wait until after the playoffs.