• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheWestWing

Official: Blues trade Tkachuk to Thrashers

Rate this topic

TSN

Sources tell TSN the St. Louis Blues have agreed to a deal that sends Keith Tkachuk to the Atlanta Thrashers.

Tkachuk, who has a no trade clause, is currently deciding whether or not to give the trade the green light.

The deal is believed to include a variety of draft picks, including a first-round pick and a player off Atlanta's roster.

Both teams are in a holding pattern while Tkachuk and his family decide.

Good. Woodchuck would be such a libaility on our team - he has twice has many PIMs as our fearless learder Schnieds. Yeah, he can hit, but do we need ANOTHER slow, aging, past his prime player to get us deep into the finals? You just know he'll take stoopid penalties at the most unopportune time, and our PK is the worst its been in years. So hopefully he'll become someone else's chattel, and tee time will be in late April.

Edited by Matt

I just hope Tkachuk doesn't decline the trade. Anyone think he will or have a reason why he would?

Atlanta is in the playoffs, but they are only 3 pts from being out, so maybe Tkachuk won't agree based on that, or he hates the city of Atlanta possibly. I don't know.

Atlanta keeps piling up a good amount of playoff experience. They already have guys like Kozlov, Rucchin, Mellanby, Holik, de Vries...

I don't know how I feel about him not coming here. He would have addressed some needs but i'm hoping there are still better options left.

http://thrasherstalons.blogspot.com/2007/0...chuk-trade.html

A Trashers blogger has reported that the return is Glen Metropolit, 1st- and 3rd-round picks in 2007 and a 2nd-round pick in 2008.

*One* of those picks is conditional based upon if Tkachuk re-signs in Atlanta, but it's not known which one -- though I'd say it should be fairly obvious that it's the 2008 2nd rounder, since Tkachuk could still technically re-sign with the Thrash after July 1st (and, hence, after the 2007 draft.)

The report above is NOT confirmed, however.

Well that certainly didn't bring the prices down. In fact, I think it just drove them up. It scares me to see what they want for Guerin. With these prices I say our best options now are Laraque and (if it is conditional picks only) Bertuzzi.

bloody hell

1st, 3rd in '07, 2nd in '08, Metropolit

talk about overpriced...he's a rental for christ sake

Well that certainly didn't bring the prices down. In fact, I think it just drove them up. It scares me to see what they want for Guerin. With these prices I say our best options now are Laraque and (if it is conditional picks only) Bertuzzi.

still think we should go after Lapointe myself

i don't understand why gm's are willing to throw this much at rental players. these prices are ridiculous! well, obvioulsy this doesn't bode well for detroit aquiring anybody noteworthy. holland would never (and shouldn't) drop that much on a ktachuk. :thumbdown: maybe they'll gamble on bert. i can't imagine he's costing much at all as teams won't even have the chance to see him play before tuesday.

* spelling

Edited by datsyukismyfriend

August 29, Detroit News:

This one probably won't sit too well with some of the fans I've talked with over the last few months.

J.P. Dumont, a guy who many felt would've been a good fit for the Wings, signed with division rival Nashville today.

Ken Holland wants to keep his salary-cap flexibility for a deadline deal and also for the next offseason, so patience is still required, yes. But it's wearing thin this offseason, isn't it?

Wings GM Ken Holland's insisted that he's looking for a "bargain" player on a one-year contract. Unless Peter Bondra's interested in playing for another season, he's not going to land a goal-scorer, period.

Hmmm, that's a lot of picks, but in the end, they're just picks. Giving up Metropolit is certainly no great shakes. I would've liked to have seen Tkachuk here, and that price didn't seem overly exhorbitant to me. Heck, if the Blues would've taken Metropolit, surely they would have accepted Williams???

Hmmm, that's a lot of picks, but in the end, they're just picks. Giving up Metropolit is certainly no great shakes. I would've liked to have seen Tkachuk here, and that price didn't seem overly exhorbitant to me. Heck, if the Blues would've taken Metropolit, surely they would have accepted Williams???

the wings build this team trough the draft. our picks are very important.

No, the Blues would not have accepted Jason Williams. Jason Williams' upside is 3rd/4th line player, and the Blues have seen enough of Jason Williams to know he ain't all that. The deal breaker was the number of draft picks (3), which the Wings likely didn't wish to give up.

No, the Blues would not have accepted Jason Williams. Jason Williams' upside is 3rd/4th line player. Coburn is a young defenseman who is still developing, and he could likely be a top-pair player. And the Blues have seen enough of Jason Williams to know he ain't all that.

Coburn was involved in the Zhitnik trade, not this one. Only player Atlanta traded for Tkachuk was Metropolit.

bloody hell

1st, 3rd in '07, 2nd in '08, Metropolit

talk about overpriced...he's a rental for christ sake

still think we should go after Lapointe myself

That is absolutely insane. Three picks and a player?!? For a big fat rental? I dread to think what the asking price will be for Guerin. The Blues certainly will be asking for more.

Hey guys! I've been a reader here for quite some time, but this has been my first real chance to register and post.

Personally, I think that this move only hurts our chances of getting Guerin. I think most teams would take Guerin over Tkachuk 7 days out of the week, so it only makes you wonder what St. Louis's asking price for him is. I agree with Holland that we cannot sell our future, however, I do believe there are less "significant" moves out there that could have an impact on our team, LaPointe being one of them. With the recent injury to Dan Cleary, we should at least find someone to fill his role and continue to be a part of the team come playoff time.

ETA: When you guys see my avatar, do you realise that it is an effect that gives it that appearance, or does it just look like a poor quality image. I couldn't come up with any great ideas, but I don't think it looks bad. No offense will be taken, I'm just looking for some outside opinions.

Edited by Herr Hockey