• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheWestWing

Official: Blues trade Tkachuk to Thrashers

Rate this topic

This reminds me of what everybody in Ottawa was crying about last year (including the posting fans)...waaaaaah, the prices are too high, won't they just take a third round conditional draft pick for the player I want? No. Because to get something you want of value, you must surrender something of value. And if you don't, someone else will. Sacrifices in the past have at times not panned out, but if you truly believe Detroit needs help then it is a chance you must take. Don't half-ass it like Ottawa last season (Tyler Arnasson was a healthy scratch after the trade after coming in as a hopeful no-2 center)...Muckler waited too long, didn't want to give away enough, and ended up with nothing, while a team called Carolina scooped up the player he was Weighting for.

Kenny needs to make a decisive move while there are still worthwhile players on the market... 1.Guerin is the best choice obviously, Shanahan-type right-shooting player who still has wheels and is having a good offensive year which chances are would continue in Detroit, 2.Bertuzzi -- a chance but so much upside and is a warrior of a player, would be great come playoff time... 3.Owen Nolan has got the juices flowing again and is another right-shooter for the power play, a heavy shot and he would come cheaper than Guerin.

Making a meaningful addition would all have an impact, statistically and emotionally as far as morale goes. The other players see that the GM has made a move to help the team win it all. Ottawa last season picks up Arnasson, I would imagine the locker room sagged a bit, like, WTF, this is THE MOVE we've waited all season for? The same will happen here unless KH pulls the trigger, which as discussed may or may not happen, but would be good if he did :zzz:

Hey guys! I've been a reader here for quite some time, but this has been my first real chance to register and post.

Personally, I think that this move only hurts our chances of getting Guerin. I think most teams would take Guerin over Tkachuk 7 days out of the week, so it only makes you wonder what St. Louis's asking price for him is. I agree with Holland that we cannot sell our future, however, I do believe there are less "significant" moves out there that could have an impact on our team, LaPointe being one of them. With the recent injury to Dan Cleary, we should at least find someone to fill his role and continue to be a part of the team come playoff time.

Welcome to the forums!

I agree with you, and I'd almost take our chances with Bertuzzi then give everything up for Guerin. That said, even Florida doesn't want to trade Bertuzzi for nothing because they want to see how good he'll be when he's back from injury as they want to re-sign him next year.

It's frustrating! At the same time, let's pick up Fedoruk or something, we need some more grit. Then we can pray that Hasek stays healthy!

And people say the Preds overpaid for Forsberg. WOW what a pricetag, Atlanta had better go deep now. If I were trading for one of them, i'd rather have Guerin too, so I'd imagine the price to get him out of St. Louis will be unreal.

The Blues will only entertain talks if the Wings include Kindl in a deal:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...1D?OpenDocument

If the name Jakub Kindl enters the conversation, the Blues would be more inclined to deal a coveted forward  Bill Guerin or Keith Tkachuk  to Detroit by Tuesday's deadline. Kindl, a 20-year-old defenseman, began Saturday's play in the Ontario Hockey League with 47 points in 46 games and a plus-22 rating. Guerin's appeal grows because of his renewed ability to score tough goals. Entering Saturday's play, Guerin was tied for third in the NHL for even-strength goals with 21. Tampa Bay's Vincent Lecavalier and Ottawa's Dany Heatley led in the category with 22.

I don't think we land Billy G, and will likely settle for a middle of the pack player if we can get one.

Hey guys! I've been a reader here for quite some time, but this has been my first real chance to register and post.

Personally, I think that this move only hurts our chances of getting Guerin. I think most teams would take Guerin over Tkachuk 7 days out of the week, so it only makes you wonder what St. Louis's asking price for him is. I agree with Holland that we cannot sell our future, however, I do believe there are less "significant" moves out there that could have an impact on our team, LaPointe being one of them. With the recent injury to Dan Cleary, we should at least find someone to fill his role and continue to be a part of the team come playoff time.

ETA: When you guys see my avatar, do you realise that it is an effect that gives it that appearance, or does it just look like a poor quality image. I couldn't come up with any great ideas, but I don't think it looks bad. No offense will be taken, I'm just looking for some outside opinions.

Nah- it's obviously an effect and looks cool to me. I think it's a fairly unique avatar :)

As to this event... well yeah, not a good situation. Guerin is going to go for a whole bag of magic beans and that's something we can't afford to trade for a single playoff run.

the wings build this team trough the draft. our picks are very important.

True, but these, again, will be very late picks, as we'll be finishing in the top echelon of the regular season again. I'm just saying we need to roll the dice this year, because we clearly have needs for the type of skills Tkachuk brings to the ice. It's a pretty high return for a rental, but imagine now what it's going to cost for a Guerin, pretty well the last quality UFA left. I really think the team needs an actual 'star' player for the playoffs -- our secondary scoring has been abysmal -- not some roster filler like Owen Nolan, say.

And people say the Preds overpaid for Forsberg. WOW what a pricetag, Atlanta had better go deep now. If I were trading for one of them, i'd rather have Guerin too, so I'd imagine the price to get him out of St. Louis will be unreal.

Yeah, Forsberg's a clutch player that it could be argued is worth overpaying for in Nashville's situation (where winning a cup could be integral to the franchise staying where it is and the jackass owner stopping his whining). But Tkachuk is no Forsberg...

The Blues will only entertain talks if the Wings include Kindl in a deal:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...1D?OpenDocument

If the name Jakub Kindl enters the conversation, the Blues would be more inclined to deal a coveted forward  Bill Guerin or Keith Tkachuk  to Detroit by Tuesday's deadline. Kindl, a 20-year-old defenseman, began Saturday's play in the Ontario Hockey League with 47 points in 46 games and a plus-22 rating. Guerin's appeal grows because of his renewed ability to score tough goals. Entering Saturday's play, Guerin was tied for third in the NHL for even-strength goals with 21. Tampa Bay's Vincent Lecavalier and Ottawa's Dany Heatley led in the category with 22.

I don't think we land Billy G, and will likely settle for a middle of the pack player if we can get one.

In that case i'll take a guess that we're looking at Kindl/2007 1st/and maybe a 2008 conditonal 2nd or 3rd (1st if he re-signs). The first rounder with Kindl is a lock, but with todays inflation you know it wont be JUST that.

If Guerin means Kindl -- I pass. At this point and seeing some of the prices out there I'm damned near more inclined to take a chance on Bertuzzi and part with a conditional pick.

Really, if its just 1 stinkin' draft pick....why not just grab him? I still have a REALLY hard time believing itll be just 1 pick...but if that were the case even if that pick became a 1st who cares.

For starters, if the Blues had asked for Kindl + 2007 1st and the Wings thought it was a good offer, the trade would've been done already.

There's a good reason that reports from sources in the organization have said they're NOT trading Kindl.

Trade Kindl in a 'hockey' deal? Ok. A rental? Pass.

i'm at the point of letting go of this season...

just concentrate on resigning Datsyuk, Markov, Hasek and Chelios and pick up some grit UFA's...

we need major moves to advance in the playoffs, and we're not going to get that without selling the farm, and it just isn;t worth it. Were not going anywhere with 1 line and no grid, and we're not going to be able to offload Lang or Williams.

AS much as i like the skill of european players, we need some good old fashioned north american grit in our team.

Really, if its just 1 stinkin' draft pick....why not just grab him? I still have a REALLY hard time believing itll be just 1 pick...but if that were the case even if that pick became a 1st who cares.

I think it's more likely to be a 1st in 2007, and a conditional pick in 2008 (2nd maybe, depending on if he resigns or not, which would make it a second 1st). Even that seems a little light, considering Florida is trying to save face after the Luongo deal. They would probably want a player or prospect too, but it wouldn't be someone on the level of Kindl.

Good. Didn't really want Tkachuk out of the choices available. Didn't I see somewhere that Modin was available? Maybe get his big ass for cheap and add a tough guy? That is of course if we don't get Guerin and don't want to take a chance on Bert.

esteef

I can't understand the talk of getting Bertuzzi??? He has injury issues, a bad attitude, and very very limited playoff experience during his career....of which he only has had a couple of good seasons that Markus Naslund provided him! If a conditional offer is even a roll of tape then that is too much for this guy!!

I agree with everyone saying that was too steep of a price tag.

That really worries me about how much its going to cost any team to land Guerin.

Its looking more likely that we'll try bringing in a 2nd tier forward like Owen Nolan.

I think it's more likely to be a 1st in 2007, and a conditional pick in 2008 (2nd maybe, depending on if he resigns or not, which would make it a second 1st). Even that seems a little light, considering Florida is trying to save face after the Luongo deal. They would probably want a player or prospect too, but it wouldn't be someone on the level of Kindl.

Yeah...i think two 1sts sounds about right if he re-signs...1st and 2008 2nd or 3rd if he doesnt. I think ultimately Anaheim will get him though. You'd think if the Ducks were pushing for Guerin and St Louis wants a young defenseman +picks, that they wouldve just used Shane O'Brien in that deal? Seems like that 1st they got from TB will be used for Bert. Guerin i still think will end up in Pitt.