• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wingsfan4life19

Wings have more grit?

Rate this topic

I rarely get to se the wings here in New Brunswick.... But, I did see the last 2 games against EDM and NAS. THe Wings seemed to have more fire than normal. Chelios was on the snarl, Maltby was in there. Even little hudler was mixin things up.

(sorry about double post)

Do the wings seem to have more fire the last couple games?

I thought that the Wings were playing a little more nasty as well. I saw Kronwall level a guy (sorry, forgot who) in the Edmonton game and Cheli elbowed another last night. I think that they are hitting a little more.

The last two games are perfect examples of why several of us have been clamoring for more grit in the lineup for the past 5 years. We cant win in the playoffs on finesse alone. Games tighten up and get very physical in the post-season. Unless we have a stand on his head performance from Hasek to get us through the playoffs, we are going to get pushed around.

We need some bodies out there to create space and do some hitting. We just dont win those grind it out games very well. You can debate that all you want, but go back to our last 2 playoff losses v Edmonton and Calgary and you'll see the truth.

I thought that the Wings were playing a little more nasty as well. I saw Kronwall level a guy (sorry, forgot who) in the Edmonton game and Cheli elbowed another last night. I think that they are hitting a little more.

Yeah that hit was on Lupul. Kronner just exploded into his head.

I do see some minor adding of grit to our team in the last few games, but that's just what the other teams want us to do. They want us to get off our game and play a style that we just honestly can't provide right now. Our style of play is puck possession and we haven't been having our 'A' game when it comes to that

What grit? I saw them push Zetterberg around last night like a rag doll. Gimme a break.

You must not be watching the game very close, just watching the highlights, or only watching one player.

In response to the thread: the Wings have shown more grit the last two games. Several of the guys are playing with an attitude. Although I don't condone flying elbows, it's nice to see the boys dish out a few. Keep it up!

Guest Crymson

I rarely get to se the wings here in New Brunswick.... But, I did see the last 2 games against EDM and NAS. THe Wings seemed to have more fire than normal. Chelios was on the snarl, Maltby was in there. Even little hudler was mixin things up.

The Wings went almost neck-and-neck with the Preds last night. The only difference in hits between the two teams came from the lack of an answer to Jordan TooBad.

Schneider, Franzen, Chelios, Kronwall, Markov, Draper, Maltby and Cleary will all hit.

The Wings went almost neck-and-neck with the Preds last night. The only difference in hits between the two teams came from the lack of an answer to Jordan TooBad.

Schneider, Franzen, Chelios, Kronwall, Markov, Draper, Maltby and Cleary will all hit.

Except for 'The People's Elbow" on TooToo from Chelios!

Seriously though, I think the Preds would've banged us even worse had Hordichuk and Hartnell been in the lineup.

peace,

esteef

Maltby has said in the media lately, that he is working on being more physical again, he wants to regain his toughness that he displayed in the late 90's, and frankly I think he has started to. He has shown in the past two games to be more physical and I believe that he has a true goal now, not to try and be the best defensive forward and what not, but to be a physical force (somewhat) to help us out and make the forecheckers a little more worried about messing with our guys. It may not be enough, but at least it's a start.

Maltby has said in the media lately, that he is working on being more physical again, he wants to regain his toughness that he displayed in the late 90's, and frankly I think he has started to. He has shown in the past two games to be more physical and I believe that he has a true goal now, not to try and be the best defensive forward and what not, but to be a physical force (somewhat) to help us out and make the forecheckers a little more worried about messing with our guys. It may not be enough, but at least it's a start.

:clap:

Guest Crymson

If he successfully returns to being a hitting, in-your-face dickhead on the ice, then he might just keep his job next year. Aside from hitting, he's been a real ******* on the ice the last couples games, and I like it--it's how he used to be in the old days.

Edited by Crymson

To answer your question, yes. At least in my eyes. I've seen everygame this year and even though we lost I feel happy that our guys are not a bunch of *******.